Which advanced class would guys recommend for mostly solo play?

dalekjs

I made an inquisitor to play through the story, and I was wondering which ac would suit me better. I intend to do mostly pve, with pvp on the side when I get bored, as well as flashpoints. I won't do any endgame whatsoever.

If I play a sorc, I think I would go the healer route, but after 1.2 I remember I kept running out of force whenever I healed anything, even a heroic. I don't have any experience with assassins at all, so I wouldn't know where to start with those.

Suggestions?

Thanks! :)

from my experience (limited at best) an assassin is better suited for dps, and tends to be more fun to play. While a sorcerer is a far better healer (take the healing skills, but there is a couple on the bottom of the middle skill path that can give you an extra hundred force points, which will stop you from running out unless up against a real long battle)

there is also to consider that for solo play your having to do the work rather than just covering others. So going with assassin will be more balanced, giving you a chance to kill stuff as well as stay alive.

I'm currently playing as a sorcerer, and I really like the madness spec, just because you can kill a lot of enemies fast. I can kill single enemies quickly with lightning and dispatch groups of enemies with deathfield/forcestorm. All the while, I'm standing safely in the back while Ashara or Khem gobsmacks anything that tries to come near me. It's a really fun build.

Don't know how fast you can kill as an assassin, since I haven't tried that class yet, but the advantage of being a stealther is that you can infiltrate buildings and tight spaces faster by sneaking through without having to kill the same enemies over and over again.

Edited by kifa

Played as a sorcerer specced into corruption (healing). You won't have any issues with boss fights, ever. You'll get into flashpoint droups easier, and as a healer you'll be the most useful flavor of your class in pvp (unless huttball).

Corruption spec is like putting on cruise control.

Edited by Chikun

Best advice is try them both. I started with a shadow (republic mirror of assasin) and the tank spec is fun but I absolutely despised both dps trees. Stealth is fun, tank character with a healer companion is great for heroics as well but I didn't want to stick with a character that only had 1 interesting tree (again, for me) so I ditched him in his 40s.

Sorc is only lvl 25 atm but I love all 3 trees so far. Dps and healing are both fun (for me) in pvp and pve. I haven't touched the shadow since I started the sorc.

Obviously YMMV as I know some folks that loved leveling with the dps trees for assasin/shadow but as stated, I really didn't like either of them.

Good luck!

I made an inquisitor to play through the story, and I was wondering which ac would suit me better. I intend to do mostly pve, with pvp on the side when I get bored, as well as flashpoints. I won't do any endgame whatsoever.

If I play a sorc, I think I would go the healer route, but after 1.2 I remember I kept running out of force whenever I healed anything, even a heroic. I don't have any experience with assassins at all, so I wouldn't know where to start with those.

Suggestions?

Thanks! :)

I have both a sorc and a sin, my sorc is 44 and my sin is 38--being able to slip past trash does make thing a heckuva lot easier and faster plus you're not spending as much on repairs. The flip side is being able to cc trash with whirlwind then smack them down one at a time with force slow, affliction, creeping terror and crushing darkness--personally I would say try them both and see which you like better, both are strong and fun to play

I am currently leveling an Assassin Darkness (Tank Spec) and I love it. You are a tank that can heal yourself with your abilities, you can also stealth and CC which is extremely nice when you want to skip some unnecessary mobs. I am currently 37 on my sin and I switch back and forth between Ashara (Melee DPS) and Talos (Ranged Healer) and I feel like I will never die. I normally go to a planet about 2 levels before I should and I can easily take mobs that are 3-4 levels higher which yield higher xp for each kill. I will usually run into problems with Elite mobs 4 levels higher but I can take on ones 3 levels higher.

Having played both to 50, I have to say the assassin is hands-down the better leveler. Tank spec with a healer pet for the hard stuff or dps pet for speeding through easy stuff means you can solo anything you come across and do it quickly. Stealth is just icing on the cake. My sorc was powerful too, but not like my shadow. Edited by Caelrie

• 3 weeks later...
Sorc healing is very easy to pick up if you've ever played a shammy or disc priest in that other MMO. It plays almost exactly as a mix of the two. That said, you're probably better off going dps thru at least chapter 1. Also, the main drawback to sorc healing is that you will be stuck with Khem Val pretty much the entire time.