Character slots from dev blog March 30th

VulcanLogic

I never understood this... I'm not berating, but trying to understand. There are only 8 advanced classes, why would you want to roll 2 or more of the same advanced class? If it's a respec issue, why not swap out a couple of enhancements on your gear, and respec? Just curious. I know it costs credits to buy alt gear / respec / pull enhancements... which sucks, and think that's a major design flaw & should be changed. But I'd favor that before leveling a whole other character.

For me it is the story. I want to see both Dark Side and Light Side endings for each class + I play as both male and female so I can see every romance arc. I have done this in every BioWare game so far.

Edited by Skorz

I never understood this... I'm not berating, but trying to understand. There are only 8 advanced classes, why would you want to roll 2 or more of the same advanced class? If it's a respec issue, why not swap out a couple of enhancements on your gear, and respec? Just curious. I know it costs credits to buy alt gear / respec / pull enhancements... which sucks, and think that's a major design flaw & should be changed. But I'd favor that before leveling a whole other character.

For me, I intended on rolling one of each advanced class. 8 Republic toons were first. One would be light and one would be dark. Vastly different stories depending on which side of the force you are on. Plus I had one male and one female of each class. This lets me take advantage of the romances as some of those have the best stories in the game. It is also nice to hear the voice actors. Then I had a Imp server doing the same thing. I would much rather have my toons on the same server so they can benefit from Legacy.

For me, I intended on rolling one of each advanced class. 8 Republic toons were first. One would be light and one would be dark. Vastly different stories depending on which side of the force you are on. Plus I had one male and one female of each class. This lets me take advantage of the romances as some of those have the best stories in the game. It is also nice to hear the voice actors. Then I had a Imp server doing the same thing. I would much rather have my toons on the same server so they can benefit from Legacy.

I guess that's where we differ. Story was fun, but for me it's secondary to getting to 50 and competing. I would have no interest in leveling the same adv. class, going to the same places, using the same abilities... world quests being the same are bad enough. And, are the light/dark stories THAT different? Maybe I've never noticed, but usually when I start to change direction in the middle of leveling, all I get is a different reaction from my companion.

Edited by BlackSpin

I guess that's where we differ. Story was fun, but for me it's secondary to getting to 50 and competing. I would have no interest in leveling the same adv. class, going to the same places, using the same abilities... world quests being the same are bad enough. And, are the light/dark stories THAT different? Maybe I've never noticed, but usually when I start to change direction in the middle of leveling, all I get is a different reaction from my companion.

I am just a player that wants to see every angle of the story.. be it a small or huge one and I live in a hope that in the future (that is if this game still exists :p) my choices will matter more so my LS/DS playthroughs will be different. I am not expecting a huge difference of course but maybe seeing and working with different people etc.

Edited by Skorz

There is no news on it yet because they are still deciding how much to charge you. Say 10 bucks for server transfer and 2 to 3 bucks for each additional character slot....sounds about right.

If so it'll mean me walking and never looking back at SWTOR ever.

If so it'll mean me walking and never looking back at SWTOR ever.

Unfortunately, thats what is likely to happen. I have already unsubbed. Im not saying that is definately going to happen so please wait and see. I left for other reasons. Its a pure guess on my part. If you look at the history of the game and what other F2P games offer... it seems like a pretty good guess.

We don't have any new information yet, but we are still planning on offering more character slots per server in the future. We know this is important to many of our players who have lots of alts (and want more!), and we'll let you know when more info is ready!

Of course you will let us know... when you have settled on how much your gunna charge for them.. anyone remotely inteligent knows that's the only reason its been curtailed.....

Please dont treat us like fools, at least be honest with us.. that little hook was put out there to keep players interested for as long as you could keep pushing out the silence.

There is no news on it yet because they are still deciding how much to charge you. Say 10 bucks for server transfer and 2 to 3 bucks for each additional character slot....sounds about right.

Dude many games charge $10 just for a simple name change... $25 for a server transfer... I think you can safely multiply your estimate on character slots by 5 if not more....

Dude many games charge $10 just for a simple name change... $25 for a server transfer... I think you can safely multiply your estimate on character slots by 5 if not more....

Wow that much? I was just guessin. My point was that they are holding back on telling people, because they dont want them to unsub yet. They know alot will unsub when they find out they have to pay for it.

From the post below yours, and the mandatory nature of these final transfers, I don't think Bioware has the luxury of charging those kinds of prices. Two more slots, for free, along with flexibility in destination this time, would do wonders from PR and subscriber retention standpoints.

I don't think 2 days counts as resurecting a dead thread, but its the first one that popped up for me through Google search and I haven't found any new information otherwise.. any news on what happens with all the extra alts that got stuck on origin servers because we ran out of space? will they get transferred along with extra slots, will they disappear? and with that 25 blackhole commendation and a pet reward - do new character rolled on destination servers at a later date sometime - receive it as well?

I don't think 2 days counts as resurecting a dead thread, but its the first one that popped up for me through Google search and I haven't found any new information otherwise.. any news on what happens with all the extra alts that got stuck on origin servers because we ran out of space? will they get transferred along with extra slots, will they disappear? and with that 25 blackhole commendation and a pet reward - do new character rolled on destination servers at a later date sometime - receive it as well?

no on the rerolls, done it and didn't get the BH comms

Of course you will let us know... when you have settled on how much your gunna charge for them.. anyone remotely inteligent knows that's the only reason its been curtailed.....

Please dont treat us like fools, at least be honest with us.. that little hook was put out there to keep players interested for as long as you could keep pushing out the silence.

Pft, you actually believe that? Man, they know *exactly* how much they plan to charge for them and exactly how much they'll make. Selling extra slots was probably right alongside paid transfer as "instant cash money".

No, they've hit some stupid technical snag in the coding of the Heroic Trainwreck Engine and are stalling until they can get it fixed.