Sentinels need an extra gap closer.

ChipHazard

Sentinels are vunerable to cc'es, not just stuns etc. But also punts. As it stands right now sentinels can be punted off platforms or high ground without being able to either reengage quickly, unless you didn't use your leap, or return the favor by punting the enemy by either pulling them from their perch or pushing them down for a greater advantage. This is just one of the possibilities a punting ability would provide.

Edit: I've changed the title and original post as I have obviously confused people with both. Apologies.

Edited by ChipHazard

They definitely don't need another gap closer. I play one, and in my opinion, if you play right theres no way for them to out range you, if they knock you back then stun you, use your cc breaker then force leap, and if force leap is on CD, use your crippling throw to immobilize them for like 5 seconds (Combat Tree) and if they proceed to slow and kite you, slow the ****er right back. I'm not tryin to be a dick, but really, if you're usin all the abilities at your disposal, kiting should be a non-issue. Sure, you will take damage after they throw you back/stun you, but we are the dps only spec, we kick *** in that area, and you need to abuse the **** out of that if you get near them, and don't let them have one second of breathing room, i'm guessin when you get into a fight, you take a second to respond to getting knocked back, which gives them an invaluable damage spread in comparison to you, you need to be on their asses 24/7. I only yield to fighting sorcerers on this argument, because their CC is off the charts in comparison to the damage they deal, and really, even that can be beat if you try hard enough. :D

I was ticked when they took away Saber Throw. Sentinels should get Saber Throw back and they should add a knockdown to it.

I love crippling throw because it looks so cool, I didn't know we used to have a better version, I always thought crippling throw was too short ranged

They definitely don't need another gap closer. I play one, and in my opinion, if you play right theres no way for them to out range you, if they knock you back then stun you, use your cc breaker then force leap, and if force leap is on CD, use your crippling throw to immobilize them for like 5 seconds (Combat Tree) and if they proceed to slow and kite you, slow the ****er right back. I'm not tryin to be a dick, but really, if you're usin all the abilities at your disposal, kiting should be a non-issue. Sure, you will take damage after they throw you back/stun you, but we are the dps only spec, we kick *** in that area, and you need to abuse the **** out of that if you get near them, and don't let them have one second of breathing room, i'm guessin when you get into a fight, you take a second to respond to getting knocked back, which gives them an invaluable damage spread in comparison to you, you need to be on their asses 24/7. I only yield to fighting sorcerers on this argument, because their CC is off the charts in comparison to the damage they deal, and really, even that can be beat if you try hard enough. :D

I disagree. Yes we can spec up for more ccs's and an extra leap but that doesn't really help the trees that do not have that option.

Resolute has a 3 min CD, so you don't just pop it when ever you're being punted and slowed/cc'ed, especially not in a warzone like huttball. Using leg slash as soon as you get in range of them won't really do you much good if you're punted away and slowed as well. They will still be able to maintain a distance, although they won't be able to use channeling abilities while maintaining that gap.

Giving them a second of breathing room doesn't come into it. All punts, as far as I know, are instant cast. If they had casting time then I could simply kick them. So no, I do not take a second before taking action.

Yes the sorcs are my main reason for suggesting this, the other being huttball (which obviously doesn't warrant a change by itself.) However it does reveal, to me at least, a weakness in the sentinel.

On a normal flat terrain I simply use my camo when punted back, if I don't have a leap ready and I forsee a massive damage output from the enemy. However when you're fighting in a place with platforms etc. you won't be able to get close if you've been punted of the same level as the enemy (unless you save your leap or if you have the focus leap).

dude leap an open with ur snare...ur just terrabad...stop qqing and L2P. Seriously get off these forums if ur gonna wine about how bad u fail at pvp.

This goes for both you (Thacrow) and jbgunz. Especially the latter. Stop using L2P as an argument. It's an ad hominem, nothing else.

They can. If they are on a platform and they punt you down, you won't be able to get to them again for some time unless you have either leap ability ready.

depends on where ur stand if ur gonna get knocked off or not but for most situations thats all u need or u can of course reroll

depends on where ur stand if ur gonna get knocked off or not but for most situations thats all u need or u can of course reroll

Yes it is possible in some situations to have your back against a wall so they can't punt you off, or place yourself so you only get punted further down the platform you're standing on. However this isn't always possible.

Once again stop with the pointless L2P/reroll arguments. If I think a change needs to be made to the class I'm playing then I will most certainly voice my opinion. How else is the class going to be improved? Note: Since it's so far centered around the huttball map it might not be a problem worth adressing.

I don't think you understand what everyone in this thread is trying to tell you.

P.S. you went from wanting another "gap closer" to wanting to be a death knight.

No. apparently I didn't read your post.

The thread title might not have been the best choice, granted. However I do understand what the two who have actually posted contructive posts mean, I simply do not agree that, that is always the case.

What I would like is a gap closer than pulls the enemy towards you, failing that I would like the force push to be a base ability for the sent. Since that would allow us to punt an enemy to improve our chances in various situations.

i dont think we need another gap closer BUT! we do need some kinda knockback resistance or a knockback to make things fair. inquisiters can kill u by simply knocking you into a hole, fire or other random stuff with no effort Edited by Doomsaga

Sentinels do not NEED any of that, just lesser players wanting i win buttons to mask a lack of skill.

a well played sentinel has no issue killing ANYTHING in the game. The problem is people are used to wow where everything is so simple a pet rock can get to 2200 in arenas and do hard mode raiding.

The thread title might not have been the best choice, granted. However I do understand what the two who have actually posted contructive posts mean, I simply do not agree that, that is always the case.

What I would like is a gap closer than pulls the enemy towards you, failing that I would like the force push to be a base ability for the sent. Since that would allow us to punt an enemy to improve our chances in various situations.

so as a melee class you want to OPEN a gap for the ranged DPS to have an advantage?

even if you punt them you then use leap this blowing your gap closer just for them to knock you away without a gap closer. Do you not see the flaw in that?

so as a melee class you want to OPEN a gap for the ranged DPS to have an advantage?

even if you punt them you then use leap this blowing your gap closer just for them to knock you away without a gap closer. Do you not see the flaw in that?

No, Hizoka I do not because there is no flaw in that. Being able to punt has always given a tactical advantage over others.

Sentinels do not NEED any of that, just lesser players wanting i win buttons to mask a lack of skill.

a well played sentinel has no issue killing ANYTHING in the game. The problem is people are used to wow where everything is so simple a pet rock can get to 2200 in arenas and do hard mode raiding.

So you keep writing. Telling people to just learn to play won't help Bioware improve/tweak the class.

No, Hizoka I do not because there is no flaw in that. Being able to punt has always given a tactical advantage over others.

So you keep writing. Telling people to just learn to play won't help Bioware improve/tweak the class.

the class does not need to be improved, its just fine, the problem is players are lazy and do not want to learn, they just want it easy...

and sorry i feel bad for you if you do not see the flaw in opening a gap for someone when your sole goal as a melee is to not have a gap inbetween you and another person.

the class does not need to be improved, its just fine, the problem is players are lazy and do not want to learn, they just want it easy...

and sorry i feel bad for you if you do not see the flaw in opening a gap for someone when your sole goal as a melee is to not have a gap inbetween you and another person.

Of course it needs improvement, every single class does. It's called balancing.

Yes you probably do, however I see that as being your problem if you cannot see when being able to punt someone would prove useful for a melee class.

Please stop using the same old tired "L2P" line.

Of course it needs improvement, every single class does. It's called balancing.

Yes you probably do, however I see that as being your problem if you cannot see when being able to punt someone would prove useful for a melee class.

Please stop using the same old tired "L2P" line.

classes need balancing when they are out of balance, right now the balance is really really good between classes.

It's hilarious that you claim to be a strategic genius yet you don't understand the possiblities of force push, like pushing an enemy back into a crowd of your allies etc.

It's hilarious that you claim to be a strategic genius yet you don't understand the possiblities of force push, like pushing an enemy back into a crowd of your allies etc.

or into fire, into acid, into a wall/corner, off a ledge, off a platform..

Edited by MBirkhofer

classes need balancing when they are out of balance, right now the balance is really really good between classes.

So you claim. I disagree. While I do agree that the balance is good between the classes it's just not as good as I would like it to be.

Edited by ChipHazard

So you claim. I disagree. While I do agree that the balance is good between the classes it's just not as good as I would like it to be.

all classes can do about the same overall DPS (plus or minus a few percent) at 50, the tanks are about equal the healers are about equal. The balance is very good what is not balanced is the players. Good players will always stomp a bad one which was not the case in wow, gear and your class mattered far more in wow then skill ever would.

Balance is great, if you are a good player.

Edited by Hizoka

I already figured you were mostly a troll. But this really seals it. There is no way having Force Push would not be a great additional tool... So either your a troll, or the type of player that just tunnel visions and has no awareness/team play going on. Your sole goal as a melee is NOT always to not have a gap in between you and another person... It only is when you want to pound that persons face in. As others have stated it has tons of utility.