Way to much down time!

Thasri

....downtime is a major part of any mmo. Hardware/software changes/upgrades all happen then, not to mention necessary maintenance of all the databases that are required. Considering the servers are always full during launch, its a good thing that we have this downtime.

Then why are you complaining?

Because I can? More or less. We may not be able to do any thing about it but I'm going to let them know I'm not happy about it. I'm not really sure why any one else isn't a little POed about it ether. Taking the server down right in the middle of prime time play is a bit much. I could see a 3am to 6am deal but 6pm to 11pm? Really?

Edited by Thasri

Because I can? More or less. We may not be able to do any thing about it but I'm going to let them know I'm not happy about it. I'm not really sure why any one else isn't a little POed about ether. Taking the server down right in the middle of prime time play is a bit much. I could see a 3am to 6am deal but 6pm to 11pm? Really?

It's so the servers are ready for a midnight launch on the 20th. Probably some kind of patch too. From then on it will be regular maint on tuesday mornings off peak time.

Edited by derkiederk

It's so the servers are ready for a midnight launch on the 20th. Probably some kind of patch too. From then on it will be regular maint on tuesday mornings off peak time.

You know this how? And we can only hope that's the case.

Because I can? More or less. We may not be able to do any thing about it but I'm going to let them know I'm not happy about it. I'm not really sure why any one else isn't a little POed about ether. Taking the server down right in the middle of prime time play is a bit much. I could see a 3am to 6am deal but 6pm to 11pm? Really?

Contrary to popular complainer belief, the world does not look like this. What's peek time for you is off-peek for others, and vice-versa. Like the song says: It's 5:00 somewhere.

You know this how? And we can only hope that's the case.

http://www.swtor.com/blog/scheduled-maintenance-periods-between-december-15-and-december-22

This maintenance is expected to complete before 11PM CST, and will mark the end of Early Game Access for Star Wars™: The Old Republic™.

Generally speaking we are aiming to limit our scheduled maintenance period to once a week, on Tuesdays. We are aiming for this weekly maintenance period to take place in an off-peak time for both North American and European players.

Well, the US servers are here, the UK and European servers I could care less about.

As others have stated, your not a paying customer yet.

Bioware is under no legal obligation in any manner to give you early access to their product. You and many others feel entitled to something because you have made an intial purchase, thing is you made that intial purchase with full disclosure of the games offical release date, Bioware is indebted nothing in this regard until said launch date. They could yank the servers down right now and there wouldnt be a thing you or I could do about it, they could have cancelled early access and the same applies.

TL'DR: You are not a subscription holder...yet, they need to do things to prepare for the "Offical" launch, you have to deal with it.

Also not only that they are doing maintenance, but they are also patching the game almost each time which is a pretty good sign. Personally I'd rather get 2-3 small maintenance a week rather than a long one and getting faster bug fixes in the early days of an MMO!

Because I can? More or less. We may not be able to do any thing about it but I'm going to let them know I'm not happy about it. I'm not really sure why any one else isn't a little POed about it ether. Taking the server down right in the middle of prime time play is a bit much. I could see a 3am to 6am deal but 6pm to 11pm? Really?

LOL cause Bioware reads these forums all the time and will instantly comply with your unreasonable demands.Whiney crap like this is the reason my kids don't have a video game system nor access to either of my computers. Grow up.

Edited by Billabus