Collector's Edition $29.99 at GameStop

DarkKnights

I feel robbed now. Paid 150 quid and now somebody will get the 1000 coins for paying 30 :/

Kinda feel like a beta tester now - people can join in the TOR at reduced costs with most of the content fixed and improved (it took 5-6 months to fix the end-game content!).

And it is EA who's behind the lowered costs... >.> I wish for an in-game compensation.

Edited by Alec_Fortescue

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I feel robbed now. Paid 150 quid and now somebody will get the 1000 coins for paying 30 :/

Well I got the standard edition and upgraded to the Digital Deluxe, and now upgraded to CE.. so I paid $110 for it.

BUT... if they add any DDE exclusive perks to the F2p reward stuff ..I'll get that as well as the CE stuff! Score!

Picked one up from KMart yesterday and off to get one from a local GS in a little bit. Saving it for either a friend or for myself, I like sealed CE's. Either way, at $30 I can't pass up another one to hang onto.

Just an FYI...

I was kinda bummed that the GameStops in my area had all sold out of the Collector's Edition, but I stopped by a local store today and asked if they had one anyway, and the guy said he hadn't seen any of them for months.

I had seen earlier on the GameStop site that several stores over in the center of the state had some in stock, but I'm not driving over there to get one. So I asked the guy in my local store if he could have one of those transferred to this closer store so I could buy it, and he said that he could definitely do that, and took my name and number down and told me it would be there in a few days.

So if they're out near you, ask them anyway, and they can probably have one transferred store-to-store.

At $29.99, with 30 days of game time, you're down to a real cost of $15.00 and the security key alone is worth what, $5 or $6? So an extra $9 or so for the soundtrack, books and what-not... and access to the CE vendor... sounds like a deal to me!

So I'm a little confused as to what a CE gets you now that the game will be F2P. A statue of Darth Malgus, and...?

You get:

- 1 month subscription

- 1000 cartel coins

- the in-game bonus items and access to the CE store

- security key

- the nifty physical items

If you're planning to quit subbing and play free later, it is not that great, but if you are still playing and like any of the goodies (virtual or physical), it looks like a pretty good deal.

Can't wait til the copy I ordered shows up tomorrow! Best of luck to anyone trying to snag one of these. :)

So I'm a little confused as to what a CE gets you now that the game will be F2P. A statue of Darth Malgus, and...?

The swag. You get the Statue, the music of TOR, you get the journal of Master Gnost Jural (sp?), the map of the galaxy,the 3 disc game set in collectors tin, all the digital stuff (STAP, VIP wristband, flare gun, mouse droid, and a few other things too), access to the CE store. So it's not exactly a pointless buy at the $30 price. Oh yeah I almost forgot you get 30 days free access too, so you get %15 worth of stuff right there, the statue is worth at least the 30, so yeah like I said not a lost cause either.

Just an FYI...

f he could have one of those transferred to this closer store so I could buy it, and he said that he could definitely do that, and took my name and number down and told me it would be there in a few days.

Hope this works. Calling tomorrow

wow..so if you get the 30 "free" days and you plan on playing another month anyways, that's like getting the collectors for $15 bucks. not bad

Saw a deal on slickdeals couple days ago, target also had it at this price. After the F2P announcement, guess they are getting dumped

Edited by Luciferhawke

So um, can I get $120 refunded to me since I paid full price....

Just like people that bought the Apple iPhone for $599 the first day it came out couldn't get a $200 refund 8 months later when the price dropped.

Sometimes you don't HAVE to have things RIGHT as they come out... Those that DO want something right as it launches will usually end up paying more.

Edited by Kubernetic

So um, can I get $120 refunded to me since I paid full price....

The cost of being an early adopter.

I bought an IBM PC back in the day for $4000. PCs that are much more powerful out now cost $400. Can I haz my $4000 back plez? Welcome to the wonderful world of retail capitalism - perchance is this your first foray into the real world?

Needless to say I hussled down to a local GameStop where I live and snatched up their last one - sweetness of the highest order!!

BJ

Edited by BJWyler

I paid full price on release day for my CE. I have absolutely no problems with you guys picking it up for 30 bucks now. The people who have posted before me have the right of it. I essentially paid more to have it sooner. Granted, i wish the price had NOT dropped, but not because i feel I'm getting ripped off but because that would mean the game is enjoying a higher level than success than it currently is.

I hope you guys enjoy the in game items and enjoy all the physical stuff. Having Malgus stand a vigil over baby Jesus in my nativity scene made for great pictures over Xmas. I expect each and everyone of your voices to add to the the old hands screaming for new items in the CE shop.

Also, just a suggestion, for those of you finding extra copies of these things; think about passing them along to friends or family that have had a passing interest in the game. Getting a free CE could go along way towards convincing someone on the fence to give it a shot.

Good words of advice there. I might end up trying to find another copy just to have down the road.

My only wish, though would be for a Satele statue ... in a gold bikini!

BJ

Edited by BJWyler