Quarterly Producer Letter for Q2 2024 ×

Collector's Edition $29.99 at GameStop

DarkKnights

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

So how much is the original World of Warcraft Collector's Edition selling nowadays?

Pretty cheap I am sure...considering WoW has been been out for 8 yrs come this Nov. :cool: This last spring however, the Cata expansion was still selling for 39.99. There are very good reasons the retailers want to get rid of thier stock of the Collector's edition of TOR. A age old marketing system called " supply and demand ". :rolleyes:

Pretty cheap I am sure...considering WoW has been been out for 8 yrs come this Nov. :cool: This last spring however, the Cata expansion was still selling for 39.99. There are very good reasons the retailers want to get rid of thier stock of the Collector's edition of TOR. A age old marketing system called " supply and demand ". :rolleyes:

Actually you'd be quite wrong on the original CE of WoW. They go for an insane amount nowadays... and notice both below have bids on them with the 2nd being sealed.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/World-of-Warcraft-Collectors-Edition-PC-2004-/160858075499?pt=Video_Games_Games&hash=item2573e3716b

http://www.ebay.com/itm/World-of-Warcraft-Collectors-Edition-PC-2004-/271031872078?pt=Video_Games_Games&hash=item3f1ac22a4e#ht_500wt_1156

Edited by Kadin

I thought CEs were always a pre-release thing... Had I known that they weren't limited, I never would have bought it up front...

Live and learn I guess.

They're limited. These stores are just flushing the rest of the product out the door.

Been in a game store lately? The trend is for small software boxes that are barely larger than the discs they contain. Very few stores have shelf space for these big bulky boxes.

In addition, for those that wished your CE was worth something more... just hang on. These others have to sell out first before your CE truly becomes a rare item and is no longer available.

At that point, those of you who have sealed products will have items that will rise again in price, as the WoW sets have.

But all the existing product has to be flushed out of the system first before that happens. That's what is happening now. Those of us who are snagging a few up at $29.99 (notice it's always like 1 or 2 copies left in the store) are simply taking advantage of a momentary dip due to the low frequency of the sales.

Edited by Kubernetic

Keep a CE boxed up and in mint condition and unused for 5+ years and see how much they sell for.

Keep a CE boxed up and in mint condition and unused for 5+ years and see how much they sell for.

Actually it's closer to 8 years but I'm not sure I see your point. Are you saying the TOR CE won't go for anywhere close to the same price? If so, yeah I'd agree.

Ahh..well that is cool. I did not know that. I have several old games from 15+ years ago with the original large boxes, all in perfect shape...wonder if any of them would be worth anything?

Actually it's closer to 8 years but I'm not sure I see your point. Are you saying the TOR CE won't go for anywhere close to the same price? If so, yeah I'd agree.

No im saying that shops are currently selling off there BIG ce's as they take up alot of space, go buy one and store it somewhere safe for 5+ years and see how much they sell for, every chance it will sell for a shed load of cash every chance it will sell for quite a bit, either way you look at it if you can get hold of a CE with statue and book/soundtrack etc and keep it mint that you will get more then $40 for it.

As for will it sell for close to the same price, i wouldnt be shocked simply due to the fact that it is star wars and a malgus statue in it that will remain mint as it will remain in its original box.

Just wanted to add that the Gamestops in my area were sold out (mostly). So I stopped by a Best Buy to see if they had cut the price as well. They had, but only to $75. When i mentioned that Gamestop was selling them for $29.99 they offered to price match. I just had to pull up the Gamestop site on my phone so they could verify the sale.

I have no idea if that's good enough for every Best Buy, but if you missed out at Fry's/K-Mart/Gamestop it's probably worth a shot. My Best Buy actually had several collector's editions out on the floor as of 2 hours ago.

I scooped me up every last one in a 50mi radius from me lol

GG the CE is a hell of a deal even at 70 bucks

That's not right. Give other people a chance to buy. I could understand someone purchasing 2 or 3 CEs, but not everyone you could get your hands on.

Edited by SilverDawn

That's not right. Give other people a chance to buy. I could understand someone purchasing 2 or 3 CEs, but not everyone you could get your hands on.

What good will the CE do them? I dont see the point in buying more than one. If you think you will resell them thats just crazy. You can buy the DDE for 19.99 noone cares about a statue or some cds. To me its a case of fool and his money. Sure if you dont have the CE get one for $30 add the code to your account. Buying them in hopes of reselling them in crazy. Some think this will be the last sale. Got news for ya these will be $30 for a long time right up until launch.

What good will the CE do them? I dont see the point in buying more than one. If you think you will resell them thats just crazy. You can buy the DDE for 19.99 noone cares about a statue or some cds. To me its a case of fool and his money. Sure if you dont have the CE get one for $30 add the code to your account. Buying them in hopes of reselling them in crazy. Some think this will be the last sale. Got news for ya these will be $30 for a long time right up until launch.

You know what they say about opinions and *****holes dont ya?

Edited by TKMaster

I'm tempted to pick this up even though I already have the game. Mainly because I want the refer a friend speeder. Yes I don't have any actual friends so I'll just make myself my own friend :)

Haha I bought one for a friend cause hes cheap. At first he didnt want to spend $60 just to check it out. Then he did the trial but again didnt want to pay for a box. So i bought him a CE box and took his malgus statue since I broke the lightsaber on mine. I didnt mention I only paid 30 for it tho lol.

Do these $30 CEs come with the Darth Malgus statue?

I bought the CE at original price. I wanted it basically everything except the statue, but was told it was so expensive because of the statue. My statue hasn't even left it's box.

Not hating, I realize we pay a higher price for early adoption and things usually come down in price over time.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.