Quarterly Producer Letter for Q2 2024 ×

Please give us something...

MaliksKid

The server numbers are once again in sharp decline, and the thing i'm hearing most is lack of information. I understand you can't put a date on a world event as it's meant to be a surprise but how about some information on new content. You say that there will be new content every 6 weeks, but starting when, and starting with what? Will 1.4 still be content rich or will we see the op coming before the wz or vice versa? Are we likely to see 1.4 hit PTS by the end of the month?

Uncertainty is killing the game, it's ok saying something is coming soon, but people will only take it for so long before they leave.

On a more personal note, Ops better be the highest priority since it's the only thing as a subber I get over f2p.

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I love SWTOR and don't plan on leaving when it goes f2p, but even myself as one of their biggest fanboys have been thinking of returning to WoW for MOP. The silence is just deafoning. I have no interest in gw2, WoW:MoP, tera, or any other MMO.... I only want to stay with SWTOR, but their silence is driving so many people away. We need them to be open and honest with us now, even if it isn't the answers we want to hear. I know I always wanted pazaak, ranked pod/swoop bike racing, and open space combat and I fear for the future of all of those with a f2p model.

They've been stunned into silence by the overwhelming support for the F2P model, from SWTOR players, the larger gaming community, and investors.

Yes, yes, that must be it.

It's certainly not that they have nothing positive to tell us, like when the content they've been working on SINCE APRIL might hit PTS or how much they're going to charge in the new cash shop for full access to it.

"The server numbers are once again in sharp decline,"

Proofs in the pudding, where is it?

I play every night 4pm start and we always have 3 fleets with 2 over 200 players and the 3rd 100 or so. How are we in a decline?

Oh, im on POT5

I play every night 4pm start and we always have 3 fleets with 2 over 200 players and the 3rd 100 or so. How are we in a decline?

Oh, im on POT5

According to this chart http://www.torstatus.net/shards/us/trends populations seem to be trending ever so slightly downward. Definitely not a sharp decline.

But give it a month...

Oh, im on POT5

Hush now, we can't allow facts to interfere with people wanting to "exaggerate" on the forums.

Oh, im on POT5

So that fact that the drastically reduced the servers and the current ones are now showing a start of less populance on tor status escapes you?

Oh oh I see PvP in the forums in this thread incoming.....

Edited by Kreedlore

So that fact that the drastically reduced the servers and the current ones are now showing a start of less populance on tor status escapes you?

Oh oh I see PvP in the forums in this thread incoming.....

Where exactly are you getting this "fact"? Is there some source where you are able to see exactly how many players are logging in on every server every day, and get a daily comparison, that's providing different data than the TOR Status page previously linked? Because on that page I see heavy and standard server populations remaining relatively constant since the transfers occurred.

Please enlighten me.

Edited by Blaac

I don't know the "numbers", but the communication black-out is ridiculous. But, it's nothing new and it's a reason you saw the need for server mergers. Bioware treats their customers like people they need to keep secrets from, not assets. Even SOE did better than Bioware does with communication.

I don't know the "numbers", but the communication black-out is ridiculous. But, it's nothing new and it's a reason you saw the need for server mergers. Bioware treats their customers like people they need to keep secrets from, not assets. Even SOE did better than Bioware does with communication.

This has been the case from well before launch. By far the worse community management i've ever seen in gaming. I love the game itself but have nothing but perplex feelings towards the BW community management strategy.

I love SWTOR and don't plan on leaving when it goes f2p, but even myself as one of their biggest fanboys have been thinking of returning to WoW for MOP. The silence is just deafoning. I have no interest in gw2, WoW:MoP, tera, or any other MMO.... I only want to stay with SWTOR, but their silence is driving so many people away. We need them to be open and honest with us now, even if it isn't the answers we want to hear. I know I always wanted pazaak, ranked pod/swoop bike racing, and open space combat and I fear for the future of all of those with a f2p model.

this is exactly how i feel (minus thge wow bit)

This has been the case from well before launch. By far the worse community management i've ever seen in gaming. I love the game itself but have nothing but perplex feelings towards the BW community management strategy.

Betcha didn't think it would get worse after they fired Stephen Reid, didja? :rolleyes:

As a familiar name from SWG, you either have long term memory loss or your high on ludes.

I think it has actually gotten worse (if possible), I'm really perplexed too...

Where's the community team? I havnt heard any real news on content updates for weeks/months whats going on??

I'm so uninterested at this point I just ordered all the WoW expansions and look to go back to playing that now after several years off.

They've been stunned into silence by the overwhelming support for the F2P model, from SWTOR players, the larger gaming community, and investors.

Yes, yes, that must be it.

It's certainly not that they have nothing positive to tell us, like when the content they've been working on SINCE APRIL might hit PTS or how much they're going to charge in the new cash shop for full access to it.

Most of the F2P people just wanted KOTOR 3. Since they got what they wanted they will remain playing the game.

I'd like to here some solid information regarding 1.4. The F2P announcement with no comment to 1.4 is demoralizing. I can see why many would be frustrated enough not to wait around. F2P to me simply means vanity model.. which isn't focused on delivering a fun engaging game but rather .. well .. a facebook app designed to milk addicted players. How a Star Wars game with so much potential and support behind it is beyond me. I would think it'd be like shooting fish in a barrel..

... sorry for ranting ...

I agree with the OP. Would like to get some detail from BW what is coming and when.

Where exactly are you getting this "fact"? Is there some source where you are able to see exactly how many players are logging in on every server every day, and get a daily comparison, that's providing different data than the TOR Status page previously linked? Because on that page I see heavy and standard server populations remaining relatively constant since the transfers occurred.

Please enlighten me.

I guess you dont remember back when they did the merges all the threads about queue times and that almost all the destination servers were hitting full every day.

The servers population has decreased from most servers hitting full everyday to only about 3-6 servers hitting full in a week and many servers (especially the PVP servers) just hitting heavy if that.

Edited by Emeda

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.