Do you absolutely enjoy SWTOR?

DuckKing

I wish their wasn't so many grinding missions covered up by fancy dialog.

I wish finding people to roleplay with was easier, and I didn't have to share my server with people who aren't interested in RPing at all, but prefer the RP server because the PvE one is to busy.

I wish I could find people to party with.

I wish I could find people in general.

In short. I enjoy the game, I wish I could enjoy it more, but its very very hard to do so. The faults are so glaring, and for an MMO, I feel very very alone while playing SWTOR.

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

So... Yup. Sure do. And there are many reasons.

But rather than go in to it, I have a question for you OP. You have already made it clear in a thread you started a few days ago that you were in fact done with the game, have unsubbed, and are spending your remaining days trolling the forums for fun to the ire of the so called fanboys. So... seriously... since your other thread was deleted because of your brazen admission that it was not meant to be a conversation, is this your lame attempt to revive the thread?

So... seriously... since your other thread was deleted because of your brazen admission that it was not meant to be a conversation, is this your lame attempt to revive the thread?

Not sure which thread you are talking about as I had two that were deleted. However, this thread is legitimate. Make what you will of it.

Edited by DuckKing

Ok. So, this time it's legitimate... ... ...

Hey man I have no shame. Your right though, my time is slimming down here and I have 2 infractions and 5 warnings under my name.

Maybe three of those warnings were deserved. I never planned to go out rampant. I kinda felt I should backlash a bit at this point as I don't see myself returning here for quite sometime.

I may return when this game gets more fleshed out, but as of right now it doesn't hold much of my interest. It gets pretty damn frustrating dealing with BioWare, and I'm sure I frustrate the crap out of others as well. Anyways, once my time is up here, maybe this forum may operate differently, in a more positive light.

Edited by DuckKing

Hey man I have no shame. Your right though, my time is sliming down here and I have 2 infractions and 5 warnings. Maybe three of those warnings were deserved. I never planned to go out rampant. I kinda felt I should backlash a bit at this point as I don't see myself returning here for quite sometime.

I may return when this game gets more fleshed out, but as of right now it doesn't hold much of my interest. It gets pretty damn frustrating dealing with BioWare, and I'm sure I frustrate the crap out of others as well. Anyways, once my time is up here, maybe this forum may operate differently, in a more positive light.

Ok. Well, at least your honest about it. I can deal with honesty. Happy trails. To be honest that is all I'm going to make of this thread.

I absolutely enjoy SWTOR. And almost none of the OP's concerns bother me. This is not Everygame. This is a particular game developed with a particular strategy to accomplish a few particular goals, and I think it has been a lot of fun.

I've finished one class story, finished chapter 2 on a second, almost finished chapter 2 on a third, and still have 5 other class stories left to go.

I've almost exclusively played Republic characters, and now that I'm learning that a player needs characters on both sides for the HK-51 missions, I'll be starting an Imperial character soon.

Additionally, even though repeating through the same planet quests has become somewhat of a drain, I've just discovered how much fun PVP is in this game, and thus have been liberated from having to grind through them.

Legacy perks have made it easier to level up alts, and that's only a good thing.

Yes, I absolutely enjoy this game. I play no other at this point.

Perhaps not having ambitious expectations for something as trivial as a video game clouds my judgement. Maybe if virtual pwnage was my path to glory and self-esteem I would better understand what all the griefing is about. But it isn't so I don't. Guess I'll just have to answer yes then ... I thoroughly enjoy SWTOR.

for such a trivial thing as a video game you're quite motivated to play the blind white knight everywhere on this forum. are you getting paid for that?

The title says all and be honest here.

[bunch of crits snipped].

Well, since it's for posterity. (Force cookies for anyone who knows who Count Rugen is).

You seem to be asking, in your long and oft-heard rant "Do you really enjoy this sucky game which sucks, because I say it sucks? Because I think it sucks."

Let me clear that up for you.

Yes I do.

Am I looking forward to them continuing to add stuff, and innovate? Sure. But I'm also enjoying it now.

Do I think it's perfect and nothing needs fixing? No.

Do I think Bioware should fix exactly what I want them to, in the order I want them to, nownownowdammit? Errr, well, it'd be nice, but no. I suspect they have a plan.

3. To me NPCs don't feel static or lifeless at all. The old couple that bickered while needing my help, the jerk trainer, the relatives of my companion. The list of really engaging PCs goes on and on. As I go by folks I hear snippets of conversation about thier hopes and dreams. The world feels vibrant and a live to me. Most folks I do a quest for or interact with are engaging and interesting. Some of them have great voices. I love the voice of the guy I intimidate to stop making fun of another NPC or the wonderfully strange Gree color based phrases. To me it's definitly not lifeless at all, they are lively, interesting and wonderful. When I get an Email from someone I helped or someone I didn't help it is great, it feels alove and vibrant and reminds me that the NPC that sent it has thier own story arc even if I am not involved with them anymore.

People like this guy are why BioWare/EA are the way they are.

Am I looking forward to them continuing to add stuff, and innovate?

Innovate everything that caters to people who play alts... I have two alts and my main, both my alts are level 30+ but as a person who likes to roleplay alot I like to adventure and invest more time into my main more than anything. I just used my alts for some cool perks. That's about it.

Edited by DuckKing

Sure...I'll reply to the obvious troll post: yes, I absolutely enjoy SWTOR. Could it be better? Sure. Every game I've ever played could be better. But that's never stopped from enjoying them.

I think I finally get some of these threads: some people just can't stand the fact that some of us are having fun playing a game that they don't like. Why they give a pancake what I like, however, is beyond me. I don't take time out of my day to go to the WoW forums and piss all over it because it's not my cup of tea.

Ah...love the General Forums: "You will never find a more wreched hive of Scum and Villainy"

People like this guy are why BioWare/EA are the way they are.

Why? For enjoying something that matches his/her tastes?

I have had a great time in TOr thus far(All 8 classes past Act 1 to date). Sure I would like to see some more memorable NPCs in the vein of EQ, but overall I am enjoying myself. Isnt that the bottom line?

I don't take time out of my day to go to the WoW forums and piss all over it because it's not my cup of tea.

What lol? No one said anything about going to piss all over the WoW froums. I will say though Blizzard still does miles better managing their game than how BioWare treats their game and their subscribers.

Yes, I enjoy playing SWTOR and so does the rest of my family. 4 accounts that will stay subbed long after it goes F2P. I look forward to what they will add in the future and being a fan of the MMO genre since it all began, I can overlook bugs and annoying forum trolls:):ph_thank_you:

I enjoyed it, But from day one i said its too linear. Everything feels funnelled. As soon as i stepped into the GW2 world. I knew TOR has missed a trick. Using the Hero engine killed this game for any epic MMOness. everytrhing is sharded. Jeeesh, on a fleet with under 200 people. The system creates a new shard. .. yeh..really MMO.