Secret Space Project

Duceman

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Citation needed

Please don't give me this. SSP was "secretly" in the works since launch, they stated we'd hear word Soon. It's 8 months and not a peep, instead they're touting F2P as if that's gonna turn this game around. SSP is canned along with SGRA and new companions

EA isn't going to give BW the money to hire voice actors for new companions when they consider this game a "miss"

I don't know why it's so difficult for ppl to realize this, EA considers this a failure, they're gonna stop funding it.

Please don't give me this. SSP was "secretly" in the works since launch, they stated we'd hear word Soon. It's 8 months and not a peep, instead they're touting F2P as if that's gonna turn this game around. SSP is canned along with SGRA and new companions

EA isn't going to give BW the money to hire voice actors for new companions when they consider this game a "miss"

I don't know why it's so difficult for ppl to realize this, EA considers this a failure, they're gonna stop funding it.

Can I have a look into that crystal ball of yours? :p

Going F2P has eliminated the possibility of any new ground-breaking gameplay being added into the game. Ilum is going to go completely forgotten. The engine that they use can't even handle open world pvp how do some expect it to handle large scale free roam?

And I doubt BW could afford a new engine for the space project, EA would say no and force them to only work on FP's and WZ's

The super secret space project was already disclosed: it's a free flying cash store.

Do you really think EA is going to throw a singe cent in an expensive revamp of space content when they've lost their faith (if they ever had any) on this game?

They've been working on the F2P project since first quarter subs drop. Do you really think they woke up yesterday and said "we're loosing subs, let's make it F2P"?.

Obviously no.

Turn a P2P into a F2P means change the servers code and that take no less than 6 months, and they said the game will go F2P in november: in 3 months; so they've been working on F2P code for the past 3 months minimum.

Edited by Diktat

You have a crystal ball too???? :eek:

Why would I need one? That's what they've announced. That's ALL they have announced. Considering they released this game with like 8 repeating missions, I think the odds of the new TEN being their "big secret" are pretty good.

The super secret space projext was already disclosed: it's a free flying cash store.

Do you really think EA is going to throw a singe cent in an expensive revamp of space content when they've lost their faith (if they ever had any) on this game?

Thank you. Bioware is a part of EA, they need the green light from them to do anything. The fact we haven't heard anything from them leads me to believe they had nothing substantial to show. EA most likely considered that a waste of money and canned it, instead forcing to focus on the transition to F2P.

EA CONSIDERS THIS GAME A LOST CAUSE!

They've said it themselves

Thank you. Bioware is a part of EA, they need the green light from them to do anything. The fact we haven't heard anything from them leads me to believe they had nothing substantial to show. EA most likely considered that a waste of money and canned it, instead forcing to focus on the transition to F2P.

EA CONSIDERS THIS GAME A LOST CAUSE!

They've said it themselves

Circle jerk! :p

Usually all F2P games just add more content.

More Flashpoints

More Operations

More Warzones

More Species

These will be the things you get mostly. Planets will be a bit more rare.

With the new space missions I have a feeling that getting out a revamped space game is on the back burner unless the F2P model turns out to be a smashing success for them.