The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

August Game Update

BraxKedren

Why even bother asking questions the "community team" will never answer? You'll get whatever Bioware feels like giving you, and you'll only find out when the press release hits.

Looking at the time line.... Obviously the devs are still busy with the f2p development work, and will be until November. I doubt we get any interesting or meaningful content updates before f2p is live.

Why even bother asking questions the "community team" will never answer? You'll get whatever Bioware feels like giving you, and you'll only find out when the press release hits.

Looking at the time line.... Obviously the devs are still busy with the f2p development work, and will be until November. I doubt we get any interesting or meaningful content updates before f2p is live.

Aug we will see patch 1.4 and in nov 1.5.. It doesn't matter when they release the content it still be restricted to paid subs..

Bioware knows they can't wait until nov for content. People are just feeding the fire to just be doing it.. It also seems to be the same people lol!

Aug we will see patch 1.4 and in nov 1.5.. It doesn't matter when they release the content it still be restricted to paid subs..

Bioware knows they can't wait until nov for content. People are just feeding the fire to just be doing it.. It also seems to be the same people lol!

I think you give BioWare a lot of undeserved credit...

Look, can we agree the highest ranks of EA has made the strategic decision they need the f2p model? They've modeled customer reaction, and decided they generate more revenue from f2p? And if that's the mindset, the sooner they launch f2p, the more revenue they make?

So if that's the case, then you throw every development team you have on f2p. Besides, new content this month wouldn't help with subscriber conversions anyways.... No new player in their right mind would buy a subscription right now. Might as well wait a couple months and see what the product looks like at that point.

So from a business point of view, why would you do a complicated product iteration in August? I say its not going to happen.

LOL did you even read the announcement man. they say we will get a content update in AUG... LOL OMG people are so ignorant.

Can you blame him? How many times has it been said that something will come out in patch 1.X, and its pushed back until the next patch (which usually means 2-3 months in BioWare time)... In MMO's everybody becomes a skeptic. If you're not, then you're not a realist.

Can you blame him? How many times has it been said that something will come out in patch 1.X, and its pushed back until the next patch (which usually means 2-3 months in BioWare time)... In MMO's everybody becomes a skeptic. If you're not, then you're not a realist.

Actually major patches have been more on time than other mmo's..

I can only think of Ranked warzones. Why what else was pushed back?

Nothing will be restricted to paid subs. They said it wont change for us

But the overall content was put up on time..

Actually I could care less about HM Denova now. Just put the effort into new OPS.

What we have been told is that Nightmare mode EC will bring a new tier of gear most probably, so I assume it will come at the same time as the new operation. Now just speculating, they told us a content pack is coming in august. So I would assume that content will come at 1.4 . And since we are shortly on patch 1.3.5 I assume they will skip all the patches between and make one major one 1.3.5 ->1.4. Meaning we are two patches away from atleast some kind of content, if not EC NiM or the new operation.

ye

I can only think of Ranked warzones. Why what else was pushed back?

My point, was proven that things do get pushed back. This is the reason why most companies try to not put out when something will be released.

If there's an update in august as it says - they really need to put the test server back up. Releasing an update without people having time to test it properly isn't a good idea.

This is something else we all know. They either put out buggy content and cause more people to get frustrated and leave the game. Or they put it up on the PTS for a while for people to test it. I guess you'd prefer them to throw out content without checking, and thus adding even MORE bugs to this game. And, as we all know (or we're blind), this game has enough glitches as it is already.

Wow someone who pays attention and doesn't come up with crap out of the air.

As per the previous statements, past failures lead to my future skepticism. Then I also noticed you were the same person who actually posted (backing up BioWare's claim) that we'd get content faster just because they said so...

http://cdn.memegenerator.net/instances/400x/20461535.jpg

[color=Red"

As per the previous statements, past failures lead to my future skepticism. Then I also noticed you were the same person who actually posted (backing up BioWare's claim) that we'd get content faster just because they said so...

http://cdn.memegenerator.net/instances/400x/20461535.jpg

It worked for LotrO, DDO, and DCUO. All of those games have recived more content and more frequent content after they went F2P.

It worked for LotrO, DDO, and DCUO. All of those games have recived more content and more frequent content after they went F2P.

Why do people say that about LOTRO? :confused:

LOTRO has neither had more frequent content, nor more content, nor a more high quality of content since it went F2P.

It has had some content however, all be it at a lesser rate and lower quality.

Is this just end game content or will it possibly add another Warzone as well?

Here is your answer............http://www.swtor.com/free

They announced more content beyond the Makeb even. Lots of good stuff in the works.

Why do people say that about LOTRO? :confused:

LOTRO has neither had more frequent content, nor more content, nor a more high quality of content since it went F2P.

It has had some content however, all be it at a lesser rate and lower quality.

Tbh, we should blame Lotro for this F2P madness. That game was almost dead, but they did created a F2P model who was really successful from any point of view, i mean is a P2P game with a F2P option, now the game is more alive than ever and getting expansion and regular content updates. I think Turbine and Lotro has changed the P2P model for ever. With that f2p model, Ea and BW will earn and insane amount of money and new subs, so even when swtor have almost 1 mill of subs, and probably more people will come back with the 1.4 and more content, is nothing compared with the ¨insane¨ amount of money that, like i said, EA and BW will earn with this new F2P model.