Was I wrong for subscribing?

I've heard the news on F2P and honestly, I'm a bit sad at this point.

Was I wrong for wanting this to succeed? I like Bioware games. Even when things got weird, even after DA2, even after ME3's ending, even then, I like the style of game they produce.

Was I wrong for wanting a simple game? Was I wrong for trading graphics for story? Was I wrong for wanting, yes I admit, dating sim elements?

I like the game. I like the companions (well, most of them). I paid for a very specific experience and I got it.

Was I wrong for that?

Was I wrong for wanting this to succeed? I like Bioware games. Even when things got weird, even after DA2, even after ME3's ending, even then, I like the style of game they produce.

Was I wrong for wanting a simple game? Was I wrong for trading graphics for story? Was I wrong for wanting, yes I admit, dating sim elements?

I like the game. I like the companions (well, most of them). I paid for a very specific experience and I got it.

Was I wrong for that?

simple answer is yes

Was I wrong for that?

Lil bit. It's cool. I think most if not all MMO gamers get burned by a company they trust at some point. And some day those companies will realize they cant keep doing it and selling to gamers on name alone. :)

If that is your honest feeling on the matter, and you have no regrets - then no. You were not wrong.

Would it have been better for you to not subscribe? I can't say. But from what you have posted, I would say no.

The question you really need to be asking yourself is: "Should I keep subscribing?"

I do not mean this as a shot against EA/BioWare. I mean you should look at what is available for free (you may have to wait until after F2P actually launches to get full details), and see if that is enough for you. If so, then don't subscribe.

If the subscribers get stuff you want, then subscribe.

Of course, if it was as easy as writing it, people would have a much easier time with most things in life. ;-/

Edited by Blattan

Was I wrong for that?

If anything I think the experience will get better. If they deliver what they have promised in regards to content for the upcoming months (I got a bit giddy when I saw Party Jawas :p) Then no you weren't wrong.

Was I wrong for that?

if you had fun and think you got your monies worth then no absoultely not.

But why are you asking other people to tell you what you should feel?

Yeah, especially people who camp in these forums. The more vocal people who are likely to pile on to your thread are the MMO equivalent of bulimics IMO. ;)

OP, you really need to decide for yourself. Here you will mostly just get piled on by game haters.

Edited by Andryah

I really hope this is a rhetorical question. If you have fun playing then no you weren't wrong for subbing. If you don't, then you are wrong for subbing. It's as simple as that. MMO gamers seem to be the most insecure hobbyists in the world. They're always worried that other gamers thing a game is a failure, so they better not play it any more. Who cares what others think of the game? If you like it, play it. If you don't, don't.

The insecurity is so weird. Especially in the haters: it's like they're so mad that they don't like it that they simply will not rest until no one likes it. Here's a thought for them: no one has ever changed anyone else's mind about an MMO on forums. Those who hate it, hate it. Those who like it, like it. Never ever ever has someone liked it and gone "Oh, I see your points, this whole game is a failure and the fact that I like it is indicative of intellectual inferiority."

If you paid money for a sub and got exactly what you expected to get then you weren't wrong to sub. I can't believe you need people to explain that to you. The whole f2p thing is being blown WAY out of proportion. It's essentially a more involved demo. The game without a sub will be EXTREMELY limited.

Was I wrong for that?

Yes.

10char

The sad thing is, one of the reasons I bought the game was because it wasn't free-to-play.

I just got so tired of the ridiculous grind (but purchase a scroll from the store to reduce the grind!) gameplay of LotRO and STO once they went f2p.

Blizzard knows that customers prefer paying a flat subscription and getting content. But the game has to be good enough to warrant that monthly fee.

if you had fun and think you got your monies worth then no absoultely not.

Jupp, I agree with you a 100 %.

If you have fun with the content that you get for subscribing, then why should it be wrong? Will continue my subscription since I like to support the things I enjoy, and I really look forward to seeing the story of the classes that I haven't played yet .t is also a lot of fun to do Ops with my Guildies.

Just sit down and take a look at what is fun for you =)

don't let the haters tell you otherwise, if you enjoyed the game then you were not wrong to subscribe to it. as long as you liked it, there is nothing wrong with it. if you didn't like it, then you shouldn't have subscribed. simple as that.

Yeah, especially people who camp in these forums. The more vocal people who are likely to pile on to your thread are the MMO equivalent of bulimics IMO. ;)

OP, you really need to decide for yourself. Here you will mostly just get piled on by game haters.

Indeed OP, you best cover yourself in cotton wool, or brainwashed into thinking that a tonne of new stuff is inc. that won't cost a 2nd morgage, and that EA/BW hasn't dropped the soap in the showers for all the fish to pick up! /fear

Was I wrong for that?

Ignore the trolling idiots, OP. They're all spoiled children with with a bad case of the First World Problems. Nothing is good enough for them. GW2 is just their next big disappointment.

If you had fun and enjoyed the game, then you weren't wrong to pay the sub. Don't let anyone tell you how to have fun.

It is amazing how many people have no clue about the restrictions that go with F2P..

You get what you pay for.. In this case, if you don't pay for it.. You won't get it..

http://www.swtor.com/free/features

Click there to see some of the restrictions.. No posting access to the forums has been confirmed for F2P players..

http://www.swtor.com/support/helpcenter/6449

And there for the FAQ.. It is always best to make an informed choice..