Guide to beating a team of 6 Powertechs/2 Healers

PowerReaper

Yeah there is no way. Can't they match up the teams better i mean the dps Powertechs are Guarded on top of the fact they are being healed . . . I normally do not complain but seriously? this is the 3rd time i played against team like this. What could possibly be worse then being jumped by 3 Pyro PTs? (When i say jumped i mean being pulled in, stunned to death, then having Thermal Detonators and Rail Shots splashed on your face). On top of that most of them where War Hero geared. Edited by PowerReaper

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

3 Guardians/Juggs that are about to sweep/smash you for 5k each then Blade Storm/Force scream followed by their finishers if its even needed for the kicker.

Shouldn't we be talking about nerfing operatives about now? 3 of them face-planting you as you try and get back up/trinket only to be planted again... And again....

Nerf opertatives <----

Honestly, what is a Sentinel gonna do against 3 Pyro PT'S on top of that a Operative is healing them? Its more of a learn to run like ***.

6 Maras is going to be just as devastating as 6 PTs imo, except with better defensive cooldowns, though I guess they can peel you off their healers. PT actual defense is kinda crap though outside of tank stance. Stop trying to 1v3 Pyros imo.

Also that feeling you're feeling? That's how everyone else feels when they get jumped by 3 maras/sents.

Stop trying to 1v3 Pyros imo.

Pull mechanics.

Force pull a poor sorcerer / sage into a group of sentinels / vanguards.

Watch and eat popcorn.

This game makes no sense. :p

And 6 sentinels will lose to 6 PTs because of Guard and Taunt.

You will want to flip table when all your teammates are glowing red and the opponent glows blue.

Pull mechanics.

Force pull a poor sorcerer / sage into a group of sentinels / vanguards.

Watch and eat popcorn.

This game makes no sense. :p

And 6 sentinels will lose to 6 PTs because of Guard and Taunt.

You will want to flip table when all your teammates are glowing red and the opponent glows blue.

Taunting is a viable complaint but again see your much better defensive cooldowns. They're range doesn't mean diddly since you can leap to them from 30m out. Also if you're all Anni/Watchman spec then let the zen HoTs flow freely.

If they're using guard they're using tank spec which means they aren't setting you on fire outside of a 3 ammo skill, and they aren't resetting railshot either. If they try to stance dance, it's a 1.5s cast to change cells and that can be interrupted.

L2P

6 Maras is going to be just as devastating as 6 PTs imo, except with better defensive cooldowns, though I guess they can peel you off their healers. PT actual defense is kinda crap though outside of tank stance. Stop trying to 1v3 Pyros imo.

Also that feeling you're feeling? That's how everyone else feels when they get jumped by 3 maras/sents.

Can a Mara/Sentinel...

-Pull you into a group of 5 PTS?

- Plant a bomb on you (Thermal Detonator) that makes your Hp just disspear?

- 3 Hit you?

Pyro Pts are far more powerful . . . least you can get away from a mara/sent (hopefully) a PT will just pull you back...

Yeah there is no way. Can't they match up the teams better i mean the dps Powertechs are Guarded on top of the fact they are being healed . . . I normally do not complain but seriously? this is the 3rd time i played against team like this. What could possibly be worse then being jumped by 3 Pyro PTs? (When i say jumped i mean being pulled in, stunned to death, then having Thermal Detonators and Rail Shots splashed on your face).

A Sent - QQ'ing about PvP class balance and the frequency of a certain class within that team..

What did you say to me ? L2P i think it was.

Take your own advice !! noob.

Can a Mara/Sentinel...

- 3 Hit you?

Pyro Pts are far more powerful . . . least you can get away from a mara/sent (hopefully) a PT will just pull you back...

Can a power tech

Leap to a target

Stealth

Have 99% damage mitigation

Again... I say to you Sir.... L2P ! :p

Can a Mara/Sentinel...

- 3 Hit you?

U mad bro? L2P

6 sents can just leap to their intended target and they can do that regardless of the enemies' resolve bar. Assault Plastique/Thermal Detonator is ok damage but it's not exactly breaking the HP. Sabre Ward + Pacify is going to make their railshots pretty sad and their Thermal Detonator even less threatening.

You have the tools to deal with them. I suggest you use them.

I'd take 6 sents over 6 VGs. Taunt and guard isn't going to save a VG from dying to 6 maras attacking them. However, GBTF will save a sent from 6 VGs FFing him. Then there's always camo to run away and escape.

yeah cammo against 6 stealth detects nice try, there's no getting away other than maybe combat sent speed.

you don't run all 6 assault, have at least two of them in tank stance either tactics or shield tree, I've actually run into this in rateds, it's biggest disadvantage is lack of mara/sent speed boost so they can be outmaneuvered but the brute force will beat your group unless you are very organized with cc.

1v1 sent/mara should beat vanguard/PT most of the time but in groups vanguards make each other better, they can much more easily assist without all being in aoe for cc or damage. they save amomo by not always having to apply their own dot before using HiB/rail shot so each one's damage actually goes up. Finally they can taunt or pull off of each other. I have little doubt that group synergy provided by vanguard group easily wins especially since they have tanks so their healers have a chance at living long enough to do something, while the sentinels watch their group's unguarded healers die instantly to 4 dps vanguard/PTs

All forceleap will do for the marauders is deliver them right into the vanguards stock strike completing their rotation and allowing them to concentrate on their best attribute, being extremely mobile while dishing out heavy damage.. 3 second damage uptime every 12-15 seconds will not beat 12-15s of uptime every 12-15s

Honestly, what is a Sentinel gonna do against 3 Pyro PT'S on top of that a Operative is healing them? Its more of a learn to run like ***.

are you actually complaining that you cant beat 3 pt pyros + one op alone as a sentinel? :rak_02:

if you manage to beat any combo of 3 opponents + healer alone please record it and publish :D

4 Marauders, 2 Juggs (1 tank , 1 dps) and 2 healers would be a good attempt.

Then you can taunt, guard your healers (DPS PT's can't) half your team can counter focus.

You just mez them and pick one out to blow apart.

Edited by Fdzzaigl