The Thing Czerka Found

ThaBenMan

I really like the story for this questline - to me, it really exemplifies a lot of the cool things about the Old Republic setting. Namely, the immense antiquity of the Galaxy and all of the ancient mysteries that lay in wait for explorers. And I really like the Rakata - they make for cool and interesting encounters and antagonists.

I almost get chills from Captain Golah's parting words to you at the end - "There are a lot of old mysteries in the Galaxy, and once you start looking into them, they tend to do the same to you." (I may be paraphrasing a bit here).

Your thoughts?

I like both sides' variant on the quest, the Republic one has more mystery to it and feels a bit like an action piece with a mystical bent, whereas the Imperial one is more of a fantastical, dark adventure into the dark recesses of the world.

I really wish there were more questlines like that.

not to mention the quest series has the only sith npc I like. Only one that isn't way too stuck up.

I agree. (Well, I liked Spindrall too.) I was surprised how... nice Silthar was and I still consider him leaning more towars the light side then many other Sith. He's a grey Sith in my book. Was really sad when he died.

On the Republic side I wished I had the choice to send the artifact the Republic, maybe the SIS. That would have been more inline with DS republic characters, I think. Or maybe two DS options, the one you get in the game and the one to give it to the republic.

Having done both the Republic (x6) and the Empire once, I found the Empire darker and very eerie. That being said I enjoyed the Republic one much more and funnier and more imteresting characters. The old guy is funny, his face looks 90 while his body is that of a 20 year old. Agent (or Master Fowler (spelling?) would be cool to have as a companion. The czerka accountant's is great and his voice is very very funny. I find that quest entertaining and one of the better voice acted in the entire game. I love Tatooine on the Republic side because of this quest, the farmers quest to repair his water vaporators, and the quest at the sarlacc pit which is a cake walk. As for any option in not destroying the artifact, given the fact at how dangerous the object is, keeping it would not be dark side. It would be dumb side. Release something that could conquer the galaxy is just plain dumb. Edited by MOAI

As for any option in not destroying the artifact, given the fact at how dangerous the object is, keeping it would not be dark side. It would be dumb side. Release something that could conquer the galaxy is just plain dumb.

But sending it to the SIS? It's no less dumb then selling it to the Czerka guy, I think.

This is one of the best quest chains in the game in my opinion. The quests are quite interesting but the story itself is very intriguing and different compared to most of the others. It's nice to have a long quest that focuses with a different antagonist than the empire/republic.

The final fight is quite enjoyable too. All in all it's just a great quest and the kind I'd love to see more of.

Edited by Nyoro

I love this quest line on both factions. I will agree with those that say the Imperial quest line is a little more...mystical(what with the robo zombies and all, dealing with the actual effects of the artifact), while the Republic side I would say is more of a corporate conspiracy as the effects of it are hardly mentioned until the end. It's more about finding it before Czerka does. Both are good, but I have to give it to the Empire side as being the better of the two.

I agree. (Well, I liked Spindrall too.) I was surprised how... nice Silthar was and I still consider him leaning more towars the light side then many other Sith. He's a grey Sith in my book. Was really sad when he died.

Yes, Silthar was very pleasant for a Sith Lord. I like Captain Golah too.

I wonder if the Rakata that did this mess,is the same rakata that ,Revan in Kotor 1, transported to Tatooine in the Rakata mind prison.

The Rakata in this quest finaly has gone mad and figured out a different way to get out of the prison.. :p

Edited by Kaedusz

If you enjoy rakata and questlines involving them, you'll like Belsavis, i think. Moreso for Republic, but both sides see some cool rakata stuff there.

Belsavis planet quest (both sides) are my favorite in the game, because i, too, like the "ancient mysteries of the galaxy" feel to them.

It was my favoutite quest too. For some easily identifyable reasons. It was incorporating basic features which are a must for any quest worth being called a story: it had several steps, recurring characters, more dialogue, twists and suprises. Let's face it, swtor does not have many of those. Most quests do not have any story to speak of. I hope they go the Czerka route in the future so they deserve their own label "Bioware Triple A Storytelling".

The Republic one had its fun parts (the old guy), but I thought the Imperial one was better because it was more purposeful. You actually had some idea of what you were fighting and what its capabilities were by the time you got to the end. On Republic side you hardly learn a thing about the artifact's capabilities until you fight it.

I played this mission last night with my Bounty Hunter, and something nice happened.

I got to the entrance of the Czerka facility, and there was a group of Republic players at the gate. Killed me right quick. I thought this odd, so I asked the General Chat if anyone knew if the Czerka mission was playable by Republic too, citing that a group of them had just gone in. They said yes, Republic players could play it too, and asked that I wait a moment. And two players came over and helped me fight my way to the instanced portion. It was so nice! I didn't want to be constantly taken out by Republic players, so some kind strangers helped me to the door.

If you read this Vanox and Mellok, thanks for your assistance!

That's awesome! Always great to hear about helpful players like that. Yeah, when I played the quest recently with my Agent, there were a few Republicans in the area. Luckily, none of them were antagonistic while I went about questing. I did have a staredown for a few seconds with a Jedi Shadow, but we seemed to come to a "stealth classes are cool" agreement and went our separate ways lol.