Comparing SWToR with another MMO.

Starleash

The difference is that the patents for things in smart phones existed and could be bought and used to make new smart phones. Blizzard owns the programming for the features in their game. You cannot copy it and use it and must design your own from the ground up with no aid from them. Apple and Google used existing patents for existing technology to make their phones.

Both Apple and Droid manufacturers like Samsung did everything pretty much grounds up. RIM got squat for patents from either of them.

Blizzard doesn't own anything except the warcraft IP. Nothing in WoW screams it's patented. Most things in WoW are not even original but shamelessly copied from predecessors like EQ2, DnD, DAOC. Now Blizz is going incorporate grp looting as well.

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Seems pretty straightforward to me. You compare the options you have today... right now.

I compare the Galaxy SIII against the Droid RAZR MAXX against the iPhone 4s. I don't compare the iPhone 3 against the SIII against the original Motorola Droid 1.

For the same reason, I compare SWTOR today with the other games I have available to me today - WoW, Rift, etc. I choose to only play 1 game at a time so which one will I have the most fun in, assuming I'll have enough fun in any of them to make them worth my time?

I can compare a banana to a car if i want, they might not have anything common but i can compare them, like you can compare swtor to other games or buinesses.

Allso from a logical point of view, compareing 2 identically things is pointless since they are identically, so you should compare things that are diffrent, therefore compareing swtor to other games or buinesses makes sence.

I can compare a banana to a car if i want, they might not have anything common but i can compare them, like you can compare swtor to other games or buinesses.

Allso from a logical point of view, compareing 2 identically things is pointless since they are identically, so you should compare things that are diffrent, therefore compareing swtor to other games or buinesses makes sence.

You can compare my *** to the president if you want, I am not stopping you. All the OP is is my observation that some kinds of comparisons are wrong.

I can like & play multiple games at once.

I very much am anticipating Guild Wars2,

but I am in NO WAY thinking of unsubbing from SWTOR,

far from it! I look forward to continuing my leveling of my 'toons

and new content to come. NO game will kill SWTOR for me. I like it.

I just want to know what everyone's talking about when they mention all these "bugs". I've barely seen any.

beats me. I've been hearing about GAMEBREAKING BUGS!!!!!1 since release.

I have never seen one. I've also never seen any minor annoyance bugs.

I got stuck behind a rock once and couldn't get out. Does that count?