So sad....

jeepoverland

@Neomale: You can't really compare state of SWTOR now to state of WoW 7 years ago, because that comparison does not stand in 2011...

Besides, WoW did a lot of work for SWTOR by figuring stuff out and I am quite shocked to see that what we get is basically early-TBC WoW here instead of modern stuff it introduced later, didn't devs do their homework?

A game without LFG tool, basic UI and laggy PvP (over whole 3 warzones, with Huttball spam) will not stand in 2011.

Edited by Gaidax

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

How is having 500k-1mill subscriber a failure or something negative? It's great numbers, don't forget half of the presumed 10 million players WOW sports aren't even paying a monthly fee or buying the box, you know? And how is taking from a version of WOW that precedes what is perceived as its "undoing", something bad?

It is a failure considering the effort that was put in this game.

I am all for blatant stealing from WoW - it did many things right, the problem is two-fold:

a. Bio ripped off a TBC version of WoW without modding and that is just weak by current standards. If you "borrow" stuff - be good about it!

b. The Engine is bad - PvP is a mess due to it (and due to a fact that for

imps PvP is Huttball mostly).

Call me spoiled, but that's life... When I was 15 - I was happy and content with my bike and mom's sandwiches for school, now when I am 27 this does not cut it anymore.

Edited by Gaidax

@Neomale: You can't really compare state of SWTOR now to state of WoW 7 years ago, because that comparison does not stand in 2011...

Besides, WoW did a lot of work for SWTOR by figuring stuff out and I am quite shocked to see that what we get is basically early-TBC WoW here instead of modern stuff it introduced later, didn't devs do their homework?

A game without LFG tool, basic UI and laggy PvP (over whole 3 warzones, with Huttball spam) will not stand in 2011.

Maybe not for you but I can tell you that im not going back to WoW anymore after playing this game for about a week now (did beta stress test weekend aswell), I already bought a 6 month subscription here because its way more fun then WoW is at this point or even a year ago. Even the competition knows this game is gonna be a succes because in the week before EGA I got an e-mail from WoW and Star Trek online both announcing a lower subsciption fee on their game, says enough to me.

Besides the game isn't all about PVP, personally I tend to avoid PVP because imo there are only 'freaks' there who need a new keyboard every month or so. Besides I need to level to 50 for some 'endgame' content so no time to fool around on PVP. I'll do that when im higher level. Same reason why people complain bout qeueu times in PVP lfg because most people don't do it yet cos they are busy levelling.

As said before BW could have released more content before waiting on customer feedback but that doesn't seems smart to me. Better to wait and see what people like and build on that and avoid creating useless content. If you also release 'to much' at once you get the 'can't choose what to do now'-effect and that only turns people away from the game in stead of closer to it.

In my opinion they very well did there homework because my first thoughts were "this feels and plays like WoW but only better in many ways and this is only the beginning".

Edited by Neomale

Sorry but I love the way this game is designed

I have never been so absorbed so completely in an MMO

Bioware has given us a lot of options for teaming and collaborating with rewards available for all styles of play

if you dont like the fully voiced over cut scenes or to care about developing relationships with your crewmates etc and just want to be grinding bosses then go elsewhere

I am blown away with what a clean launch this has been and what a nice job has been done to integrate best practices from many other MMOs while adding some unique aspects

Fact: At least one incompetent mythic employee now works for Bioware. On SWTOR. Managing the customer support. Which answers any questions as to why the customer support for TOR is a joke.

That is the only valid concern of yours, the rest is just pointless ranting.

Edited by Flowerslayer

I am all for blatant stealing from WoW - it did many things right, the problem is two-fold:

a. Bio ripped off a TBC version of WoW without modding and that is just weak by current standards. If you "borrow" stuff - be good about it!

Call me spoiled, but that's life... When I was 15 - I was happy and content with my bike and mom's sandwiches for school, now when I am 27 this does not cut it anymore.

They 'copied' from a version of WOW that was fun, instead of copying the crappy version full of addons,LFD and other crap. I stand by their decisions, addons ruin a game, like macro and LFD tools

Can't comment on PVP, simply not interested. If I wanted PVP I would play a PVP game (something that neither TOR or WOW are), but the engine looks superb, maybe time to buy a PC built in this century? And you know that with 500K users they will recoup all the expenses in no time?

Oh rly? Cuz thats all I play and that has included: Meridian 59, Runescape, Ultima Online, DAOC, EQ & EQ2, LOTRO, WoW, WAR, Shadowbane, Dark Fall Online and now SWTOR.

.. and yet you didn't know that BW had absolutely nothing to do with WAR....

They did well then, WoW was at its glory during TBC.

a lot of core stuff is missing and besides story and IP, I fail to see anything special about this game.

I have to agree right now, without the SW 'brand' I'm not sure that 2m+ would have pre-ordered and not at all sure how far the 'brand' will carry it beyond the 30-day bundled game time.

Edited by KerinKor