Look at the video now that the game has been out for 7 months.

Sharpiie

Yeah I wouldnt say evolved looks like the game went backwards. Also if you listen he said "We don't want many people beating on one target."

Isn't that all PvE is?

Nope is not. You move you kill adds you use cooldowns.

So many skills that I see aren't in game, and the things the dev's say are not what the game is like at all.

Care to explain this. I have seen the vid before and watched it again this posting. I think I only saw one skill that I was not sure of as being in game currently and I am not sure about that. Other then some of the animations being slightly different I don't see anything else. Fill us in please.

Im saying look at the video closely...

"Right when you get into the world you're going to be doing all this amazing stuff."

PT pulls someone at the starting world, when the skill is at higher lvl. Later on it does the same thing and you see the PT unload using 2 blasters? Didn't know Mercs have a pull.

Sundering assault can knock people off? Skip to 5:32 a sorc does a force push with lightning.

Jedi can go to Korriban? Bounty Hunters can go to Ord Mantell?

Charge your weapon up for a hard attack, as the trooper is using his out of combat heal.

You know what's sad? I actually like the video more than some of the day to day stuff. It just seems more exciting than - do Illum and Belsavis dailies for 240+ daily comms.

Daily grinds aren't fun - grinding can be made fun, but daily missions for daily comms? That's not how you do it.

The only grinding I have ever enjoyed was:

1) Farming DF in DAoC. Probably because it was a dungeon you fought your way down into the depths and could get caught at any time by the other side when the ownership shifted. Made it exciting.

2) Master class grinding (skill grinding) in early SWG to have the chance to become a jedi. You earned it and you got to play one character and be every class (not at once mind you), but there was something gratifying about that grinding. I know not everyone liked it, but for me I couldn't get enough.

Grinding out daily's that never change is so freaking boring.

This is too funny. Resorting to referencing an antique video? Scraped the bottom of an empty barrel with this one. Full marks for creativity though.

I wouldn't call it antique video considering the game looked better back then.

I wouldn't call it antique video considering the game looked better back then.
The beauty of beta... they didn't have a paying customer base with pos legacy PCs (like mine) to worry about back then. There were killer textures in beta that were pulled for open beta & early access (then ultimately launch) because of it. Would be great to eventually see a hi-def texture option available for players with killer rigs though. Edited by GalacticKegger

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.