Forced Character Migration = Last Straw

Liamnerek

While finishing the leveling process on an alt I have on a low pop server I have come accustomed to the messages re: free server transfer. Now the message states that there will be a forced character move with no rewards unless you move soon. I have no problem moving to a "high pop" server, JUST LET ME CHOOSE WHICH ONE! I will gladly pay, but why do I want to move my toons, free, with rewards or otherwise if there is no one on that server I want to play with? I have already re-leveled my class of choice on another server and done the transfer dance with that toon to be at a place with friends. I have multiple 50's now on 2 different servers and just want to get them all on one of MY choice. It is a "destination" server, just not the one that you BIOWARE have chosen for me.....and I'm willing to pay for it. Force me to move without offering me a chance to go to a server that i actually have a reason to go to and I'm done with the game. Your reluctance to even speak to the topic of paid character transfers while condensing your servers is really bad business.:mad:

Not good enough. I have 22 charactors on several servers all tagged for server transfer...all to the same dang server! Support refuses to give me an answer as to why i am not offered more than just the one server. So lets see..2 already there...can move 6 more...thats leaves 14 charactors without a home. Hmmmmm lemme guess.... those 14 will have to wait til there are "paid" transfers, So they can milk me for more money? I think not.

Not good enough. I have 22 charactors on several servers all tagged for server transfer...all to the same dang server! Support refuses to give me an answer as to why i am not offered more than just the one server. So lets see..2 already there...can move 6 more...thats leaves 14 charactors without a home. Hmmmmm lemme guess.... those 14 will have to wait til there are "paid" transfers, So they can milk me for more money? I think not.

I think they have plans for this, including increasing the character slots by 4-8, perhaps some choice in where to go (if you already have high levels on a destination server), and paid transfers after that to allow decent if not perfect character consolidation. But that's me, with my logic.

I will gladly pay, but why do I want to move my toons, free, with rewards or otherwise if there is no one on that server I want to play with? I have already re-leveled my class of choice on another server and done the transfer dance with that toon to be at a place with friends.

How would you not be with your friends? They have to go to the same server you do.

Paid transfer will come after that, so move to that server for the moment and pay for another transfer later.

Exactly.

OP, learn to adapt to constraints. Treat them as a challenge to overcome instead of a topic for tears.

I'm pretty sure they said that you can't have more then 1 account transferred to the same server.

So i emailed support and as usual i got a non-answer posted below, So i am stuck to moving only to 1 server. Then please stop telling me i get free goodies to transfer when i cant get them due to the lack of server choices! well not for the majority of my charactors anyway.

I understand that you currently have more characters you wish to transfer than can currently be on a single server, and I appreciate that knowing the available options for future Character Transfers is important to you.

Currently, our servers do have only eight character slots each, and the current server transfer options are those that are currently available. This however is subject to change, but at this time we do not have any information on Character Transfers or available character slots other than that which has been released on our forums.

If that actually is going to happen, would it kill them to communicate that to the player base?

No. But it is thier track record of late. So I would not depend on that. But to the topic of the tread, you will be forced to move. Accept that or unsub. Not saying your point is not valid and you should post your disapproval. But what it boils down to is you will be "forced" to move your chars. :cool:

Its so funny how these "protesters" that wanna stay on a empty server really think that BW gives a cent what they want or care. Everyone already knows paid transfers will come so, just move and then pay to remove all your toons. its that easy.

First off i didnt protest,i asked for answers and more than 1 server choice. And if i want to pay money to get told what to do i know a cute lady in tight leathers and spiked heels thats way more fun. I just want more than 1 server option, Sardine Can server is not an option. and yes i DO like my low pop server,so does my wife. we have more fun teaming without all those ring around the glowie runs.

Sad part is we both love playing the game,thats why we both preordered it. to bad asking for a choice of more than 1 server to transfer more than 8 charactors is considered a protest. more like lousy customer service

Edited by JunkyardWolf

First off i didnt protest,i asked for answers and more than 1 server choice. And if i want to pay money to get told what to do i know a cute lady in tight leathers and spiked heals thats way more fun. I just want more than 1 server option, Sardine Can server is not an option. and yes i DO like my low pop server,so does my wife. we have more fun teaming without all those ring around the glowie runs.

Sad part is we both love playing the game,thats we we both preordered it. to bad asking for a choice of more than 1 server to transfer more than 8 charactors is considered a protest. more like lousy customer service

The game is on the ropes and the fanboys are in ultra panic mode. They won't allow your complaints to be heard.

They have risen up to defend their beloved Star Wars game. The forums should only be used to pretend the game is good. They don't want to hear any facts about the games problems.

While finishing the leveling process on an alt I have on a low pop server I have come accustomed to the messages re: free server transfer. Now the message states that there will be a forced character move with no rewards unless you move soon. I have no problem moving to a "high pop" server, JUST LET ME CHOOSE WHICH ONE! I will gladly pay, but why do I want to move my toons, free, with rewards or otherwise if there is no one on that server I want to play with? I have already re-leveled my class of choice on another server and done the transfer dance with that toon to be at a place with friends. I have multiple 50's now on 2 different servers and just want to get them all on one of MY choice. It is a "destination" server, just not the one that you BIOWARE have chosen for me.....and I'm willing to pay for it. Force me to move without offering me a chance to go to a server that i actually have a reason to go to and I'm done with the game. Your reluctance to even speak to the topic of paid character transfers while condensing your servers is really bad business.:mad:

Nobody has said they were going to FORCE you off your server, quit whining.

Nobody has said they were going to FORCE you off your server, quit whining.

You're wrong. The Q&A posted today confirmed it.

LNSSnorkle: We know players that don't migrate by themselves will have their chars automatically moved. The thing is, how can we know where they will end up?

Damion Schubert (Principal Lead Systems Designer): Once we do automatic transfers, we will be doing everything possible in order to maintain the basics of the current ruleset as possible - PvE vs PvP, regional choice, language (for Europe); so in many cases, you should have a good idea of which populations you are likely to end up with. Another top concern is trying to help the populations that result have a good factional balance. We will give out a specific list once we are closer to implementation of this plan - watch for more info soon!

I haven't migrated. My sub is up in September, haven't been logged in for over 90 days. Nothing new to do, so I been elsewhere.

I wont' migrate, because I refuse to change my character names. I pre-ordered for early access to help guarantee my character names. All but one of them are already taken on the destination server. I won't give up my character names for something out of my control, such as where we migrate to. Everyone knnow me by those names, so it's really not feasible for me to change them.

Not that I expect new content before my sub is up anyway, but I doubt I will resub when it cancels. It may seem like whining to the lucky people who got to keep their names and/or were already on the servers being transferred to, but it's really not fair for most of us.

And I'm sorry Bioware, but the little trinkets you are giving out for character transfers are not going to make it any better for me.

Hate me, I don't care. But anyone in the same situation can understand the anger many of us have. The more you people keep bashing those of us who aren't happy, the smaller your community gets. Who you gonna play with when everyone leaves? And you will all be the first ones complaining when the game ends up Free to Play just to survive because F2P players don't typically care how they treat people. So, go ahead and keep bashing people. It's always a great way to get people to leave.

Edited by Staalker

You're wrong. The Q&A posted today confirmed it.

I haven't migrated. My sub is up in September, haven't been logged in for over 90 days. Nothing new to do, so I been elsewhere.

I wont' migrate, because I refuse to change my character names. I pre-ordered for early access to help guarantee my character names. All but one of them are already taken on the destination server. I won't give up my character names for something out of my control, such as where we migrate to. Everyone knnow me by those names, so it's really not feasible for me to change them.

Not that I expect new content before my sub is up anyway, but I doubt I will resub when it cancels. It may seem like whining to the lucky people who got to keep their names and/or were already on the servers being transferred to, but it's really not fair for most of us.

And I'm sorry Bioware, but the little trinkets you are giving out for character transfers are not going to make it any better for me.

Hate me, I don't care. But anyone in the same situation can understand the anger many of us have. The more you people keep bashing those of us who aren't happy, the smaller your community gets. Who you gonna play with when everyone leaves? And you will all be the first ones complaining when the game ends up Free to Play just to survive because F2P players don't typically care how they treat people. So, go ahead and keep bashing people. It's always a great way to get people to leave.

I couldn't have said it better myself. The very same thing applies to me. EVERY toon I have has to change their name. Thats the reason alot of us pre-ordered, to get the names we want. I also have been patient, waiting for all the bugs to be fixed. I have been waiting for Bioware to do something to fix this, or I will not keep paying for the game. Let me choose a server where I can keep my names! Alas, it's probably too late, my names are probably taken on the other servers by now.