If I get tossed onto a new server... :(

Kapono

If I get forcibly moved off my server to an overcrowded unplayable crap server, surrounded by idiots ninja'ing resources and quest items, where I have lost the names of my characters I've played since release, I'm going to unsubscribe my game account.

Not sure if the developers read or care about the forums, but I'm putting that out there. :mad:

If I get forcibly moved off my server to an overcrowded unplayable crap server, surrounded by idiots ninja'ing resources and quest items, where I have lost the names of my characters I've played since release, I'm going to unsubscribe my game account.

Not sure if the developers read or care about the forums, but I'm putting that out there. :mad:

They don't care, sorry to say--BW has said those who don't move will automatically be moved. I moved only because they offered the Black Hole commendations which I would not ordinarily be able to get--i had to change my legacy name and 2 toons names but I wasn't all that attached to them but can definitely see why some people would not at all be pleased

Then get ready to unsub because if you don't transfer they WILL move your account to your destination server when they are ready to remove all the locked servers.

Edited by KeepMe

Well then I guess Bioware has a choice. Keep and maintain an entire cluster of computers (aka: a server) so that you and the other 5 people in your Origin server can keep playing in peace ... or move everyone to a new server and get rid of that "server" (which btw, is a bunch of computers!) thats mostly wasting space and resources which (judging from the layoffs) they could desperately use, but lose your $15 a month.

Hmm save hundreds, possible thousands, in monthly maintenance .... or lose your $15? Wow, I dont know how Bioware can decide such an important matter. :rolleyes:

Edited by MasterKayote

Why do you play MMO's if you don't want to be around people?

Go play a single player game.

Yeah, I mean what the point if you don't want to play with others?

Also don't worry, its not, IF, its when.

Moving had a better outcome than anything else since release (for me). I went from a low pop server where I was bored all the time and losing interest in the game, to a robust, busy server where there are more people to play with, queues are faster, and people are actually getting together to do things.

My server isn't laggy, it isn't "crowded" and I didn't have to change any of my 8 character names.

Goodbye :confused:

It costs to keep servers operational, they won't do it for a few people who dont like big servers.

Your loss of a subscription is cheaper than them keeping your origin server open for a handful of people. Just saying.

Considering the number of these threads that have popped up, plus the number of people that agree with them, multiplying by the number of players to forum users ratio, it's a lot more than a handful of people, pal. Just guesstimating, they stand to lose another 20,000 - 40,000 subs because of this.

:cool:

Edited by Blackavaar

Can I have your stuff?

Just man up or woman up and transfer over. Almost every one lost a name or two when we transferred. Make a new name and move on. You don't really need to run dailies on heavy populated server. Every thing I put on the gtm has sold. On my medium server I only ran dailies cause stuff was not selling. You will change you mind once you been on heavy populated server for some time this assuming you have a good enough computer. If you have an ancient computer it's about time you upgraded or bought/build a new computer. Computer gaming isn't cheap like console gaming. It's only crowded in the blackhole daily zone, but I haven't had any problems in every other zone.

Edited by Knockerz

Considering the number of these threads that have popped up, plus the number of people that agree with them, multiplying by the number of players to forum users ratio, it's a lot more than a handful of people, pal. Just guesstimating, they stand to lose another 20,000 - 40,000 subs because of this.

I don't know about that.... I have a lot of friends who left at least 1 toon on their original server and they all said they are dead. Some say they are the only 1 left on some of them and they check at different times of the day. Not to mention Bioware has already said once all accounts are moved either by choice or force the old servers are history.

That is some pretty sweet maths. :rak_03:

Using thems formulas, we can chat about the BILLIONS of people that died when the Titanic sank.

Deal with it or move on. Life isn't fair.

I heard that song before. In wow many people say they will quit, but behold they don't quit. How I know, well I check their armory and they are still playing. Very few players who post on the forum quit.

The players that are serious about quitting will just quit without coming to the forum to protest since if you canceled your account there is a small survey about why you quit at the end of the cancellation process. That's all a mmorpg company needs to know why you are quitting and none of this absurd "I'm quitting" post on the forums.

Edited by Knockerz

I too will be cancelling my subscription. I purposely rolled on a low pop server because, while I do enjoy doing flashpoints and such, I DO NOT enjoy constantly waiting for mobs/quest items to respawn while doing a storyline quest that 200 other people are also doing, being ninja-looted more often and waiting in a queue to just log in. I want to know why there are only 12 densely packed servers now. Couldn't they have left a handful more so they could have a med-high population instead of being overpopulated? And don't tell me "They can't be overpopulated there is a character limit" if there is a queue to log into a server then it is overpopulated

Having to change character or legacy names I can deal with and I can almost tolerate being forced to change servers, but not when I am forced onto a server that already has too many people on it.

Poorly thought out BW/EA, this idea of yours to save some money is ultimately going to cost more than leaving the dead servers open.

Edited by BobaDtwo

Pulling number out of your *** doesn't make you right.

Bioware/EA wouldn't even consider server mergers if it meant a loss of profit for them.

I too will be cancelling my subscription. I purposely rolled on a low pop server because, while I do enjoy doing flashpoints and such, I DO NOT enjoy constantly waiting for mobs/quest items to respawn while doing a storyline quest that 200 other people are also doing, being ninja-looted more often and waiting in a queue to just log in. I want to know why there are only 12 densely packed servers now. Couldn't they have left a handful more so they could have a med-high population instead of being overpopulated? And don't tell me "They can't be overpopulated there is a character limit" if there is a queue to log into a server then it is overpopulated

Having to change character or legacy names I can deal with and I can almost tolerate being forced to change servers, but not when I am forced onto a server that already has too many people on it.

Poorly thought out BW/EA, this idea of yours to save some money is ultimately going to cost more than leaving the dead servers open.

They didn't server merge to save money..... they did it because everyone was complaining that they couldn't do WZ's or FPs or Op's because of all the low populated servers.

i care enough to ask.

Can i have your stuff?

You're exaggerating. The main population of each servers take place on the fleet which has no kill or collection quests. So you won't have to worry about people taking your quest items. Besides if you don't like playing with other players why even play an MMO? Man the logic these days.

They didn't server merge to save money..... they did it because everyone was complaining that they couldn't do WZ's or FPs or Op's because of all the low populated servers.

Ok, whatever. This is extreme overkill. 12 US servers, that's it why not 15 or 20? There is absolutely no reason to pack people onto so few servers that there is a wait time to log in

Ok, whatever. This is extreme overkill. 12 US servers, that's it why not 15 or 20? There is absolutely no reason to pack people onto so few servers that there is a wait time to log in

I don't know why they choose to only have 12 servers. I only know that most people wanted to be on servers with lots of people for the reasons I mentioned before.

Edited by KeepMe

You're exaggerating. The main population of each servers take place on the fleet which has no kill or collection quests. So you won't have to worry about people taking your quest items. Besides if you don't like playing with other players why even play an MMO? Man the logic these days.

Yes the logic. I like grouping with people sometimes but do not like playing on servers that are overcrowded, I prefer servers with a medium population. Now I no longer have that option & won't pay for a service that forces me into a situation I don't like. Just because you like sardine can servers doesn't mean everyone else has to. Read some of the other forums there are many people who feel the same way. I'll never understand why there are so many douchebags online who feel they need to belittle anybody with a differing opinion.

Not sure there's ever been a wait time to log on ever since the server merges. At least for Fatman there hasn't. Once again I think you're exaggerating.

i havent seen a queue on harbinger since right after the merge.. well maybe once or twice for a few minutes.

and the ONLY place thats borders on too crowded to quest is the black hole, and thats really only when you do it on like a saturday afternoon, or right in prime time.