The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

Bioware - When are you going to fix the class imbalance in PvP?

Karillon

First, for all you haters out there, don't tell me I don't know how to play my class especially since you don't know what it is. This is not qq'ing, this is a fact. A majority of the classes in PvP now are either Sentinets, Marauders, Powertechs or Vanguards. Everyone knows that since the patch before last, that these classes are way to over-powered. Bioware - is this what you intended, just to have those classes in PvP? Because the other classes are dwindling away because they feel it's a waste of time going into a warzone, when you can get two or three shotted by one of these classes. Either nerf these classes or find that a majority of the people that didn't choose these classes wil quit the game because of an extreme imbalance in PvP.

Ok haters, provide a detailed explanation in your response, not just that I'm QQ'ing and don't know my class. Bring it on.

• Replies 124
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

PT are op since 1.2 ????

Did you know PT got a huge nerf at this time ? 6s CD on PPA and no ion cell stance working with PPA....

Just uninstall the game.

Yah a nerf,dont know what game you have been playing but i was in a WZ last night and there was four PT's blowing people up in the middle node incivil war before they could to the center ring.

Yah a nerf,dont know what game you have been playing but i was in a WZ last night and there was four PT's blowing people up in the middle node incivil war before they could to the center ring.

Prototype Particle Accelerator now requires Combustible Gas Cylinder to trigger. The chance to trigger this effect has been increased significantly but cannot trigger more than once every 6 seconds.

Lol..... You guys are terribad..... Before 1.2 PT could RS every gcd if they were lucky with no overheating... And guess what, they used the ion cell.... =>50% dmg reduc + guard instead of 31%....

Edited by SaulSerpine

First, for all you haters out there, don't tell me I don't know how to play my class especially since you don't know what it is. This is not qq'ing, this is a fact. A majority of the classes in PvP now are either Sentinets, Marauders, Powertechs or Vanguards. Everyone knows that since the patch before last, that these classes are way to over-powered. Bioware - is this what you intended, just to have those classes in PvP? Because the other classes are dwindling away because they feel it's a waste of time going into a warzone, when you can get two or three shotted by one of these classes. Either nerf these classes or find that a majority of the people that didn't choose these classes wil quit the game because of an extreme imbalance in PvP.

Ok haters, provide a detailed explanation in your response, not just that I'm QQ'ing and don't know my class. Bring it on.

What you say is true, it is obvious that the classes you listed do preform very well in PvP due to the high damage they can each produce, but you over-looked that many of the other classes are still preforming just as well. Operatives and Scoundrels, despite their changes a few patches ago, still hit for an impressive amount of damage in their stealth trees. Not to mention their shared trees are very effective in dealing damage as well. Guardian and Juggernaut DPS players can completely destroy in PvP, but they are more difficult to play than a Sentinel/Marauder in general so attaining higher numbers requires a very refined rotation and spec. Commandos and Mercenaries also still hit really hard in either of their DPS specs if played correctly. The only class that I would say is under-tuned for PvP is the Sage and Sorcerer classes. They don't lack because of damage but just because of their very low defense.

The reason Sentinel/Marauder and Vanguard/Powertech classes are over-powered is because they are relatively easy to play so it's simpler to produce higher numbers. Hence if someone is bad at playing Sentinel compared to someone bad at playing Guardian, the Sentinel will produce higher damage just because of the simplicity of its rotation. I started to play Sentinel>Watchmen spec to see what all the fuss was about and I found myself doing a very high amount of damage with so few abilities compared to other DPS classes I played. Their combination of burns, self-heals, and defensive cooldowns allowed me to solo Heroics above my level (with help from a ~360 Presence companion) because I could last just long enough and do enough damage to kill the toughest of enemies. When playing my Operative or Gunslinger I couldn't defeat two Elites on my level without my companion dying after burning all my cooldowns. This ease makes it so advanced players who really know their class could greatly excel on the battlefield making it the class "OP." I recently ran a Story Mode Explosive Conflict on my Rakata/Black Hole geared Gunslinger>Sharpshooter and we had our tank respec to Assault. He was wearing full Battlemaster armor and still hitting about 40k higher than me on the parser at then end of each encounter. He knows how to play the class very well so it permits him to produce very high numbers even when not in the proper gear.

TL;DR I don't think the classes need a nerf but more so a re-working to make their play-style either a bit more complex or a bit slower to fully execute a complete rotation. Sure a nerf is simpler but it's not nearly as fun. :p

Prototype Particle Accelerator now requires Combustible Gas Cylinder to trigger. The chance to trigger this effect has been increased significantly but cannot trigger more than once every 6 seconds.

Lol..... You guys are terribad..... Before 1.2 PT could RS every gcd if they were lucky with no overheating... And guess what, they used the ion cell.... =>50% dmg reduc + guard instead of 31%....

Nope not bad matter of fact im very good on my main,and i am not theonlyone seeing this issue with PT's being stacked,i was on my alt in that match he is lvl 28 and we are seeing wave's of in your terms "baddy's" rerolling to PT's so what does that tell yah?

Mathematically they have... these calls have been happening since 1.2 and they say that statistically the classes are performing about where they expected.... or something to that effect. If there was statistical gap between classes whether it be tanks, heals or DPS it would have been changed in 1.3. In fact carnage marauders got a small buff to be competitive with annihilation and the rest of marauders and PT's remained the same while tanksins got nerfed because.... mathematically speaking they outperformed in both damage taking ability and damage output.

Also, balance is a matter of perspective. What you may call imbalanced another may call balanced. Just because YOU and a number of people feel that way does not mean it to be true. Millions of people believe in the book of Mormon or Scientology.... just because millions of people believe it.... does that make it fact?

And finally... to answer your question. I do not work for Bioware or EA but from what I've seen and the lack of nerfs in the last major update and any patches I would think it's safe to say....

Not any time soon.

Though you may feel it's not balanced obviously the guys reading the numbers do.... I wouldn't hold your breath.

Edited by UGLYMRJ

Nope not bad matter of fact im very good on my main,and i am not theonlyone seeing this issue with PT's being stacked,i was on my alt in that match he is lvl 28 and we are seeing wave's of in your terms "baddy's" rerolling to PT's so what does that tell yah?

It tells me that baddies like you reroll PT because they don't know how to play their own class.

My question is : why didn't you reroll yet ?

Ofc you not the only one, swtor is full of bad terribad players.

It tells me that baddies like you reroll PT because they don't know how to play their own class.

My question is : why didn't you reroll yet ?

Ofc you not the only one, swtor is full of bad terribad players.

I love the FOTM rolls... takes heat off of me with a bunch of these guys not utilizing their classes. There is a ridiculous amount of marauders and PT's putting up low tier numbers. I love it! It's fun to show a FOTM roller how it's supposed to be done and it's not as simple as a faceroll.

that a lot of bad players have decided that it's the class, and not the skill that makes for a winner?

there's gonna be a whole lot of QQ from PT pyro when they all hit 50, and realize that, while they do a lotta dmg, they also go squish real fast, if they are bad at picking and choosing their fights.

but then, if they were good at picking and choosing their fights, they wouldn't have been going toe to toe with a PT pyro in the first place, and wouldn't have thought they were OP, and wouldn't have rerolled.

sound a lot like QQ to me.. PT pyro sure can do some crazy burst but othere than that they have nothing there 1 cd isnt going to help enough to keep u up w/ more than 1 person attacking... mara's... there 99% dmg reduction is a pain in the arse to counter but it can be done that may be the only thing in the game that needs to be fixed(maybe reduce it to 3 secs a WH mara can take u from 100-0 in those 6 seconds).. snipers id say are perfectly balanced they arent mobile but they can put up some dmg and have pretty good defensive cd's... ppl QQ over and over about these classes but honestly if u remove the burst and overall dmg from these 3 classes youd never kill healers

And for all the ppl saying sorc'd smuggler/op need buff's your fools i see sorc's topping dmg charts everyday and smugglers a fewer but on my server(Fatman) i have only seen a few but they can still put up huge dmg numbers... merc's ehhh not sure about those guys they might need some help

all the QQing comes from ppl seeing at the end of the game that this PT did 200k more dmg than anyone... well you know what thats all they can do they have no utility other than dmg no sprit no cc no stealth they stand there and blow **** up and it is your own fault for letting them do so.. often times in Pug's which im sure is what you guys are refering to ill ignore the heals and just burn down the mara or PT than is destroying everything in there sights they cant put out dmg in the spawn

I love the FOTM rolls... takes heat off of me with a bunch of these guys not utilizing their classes. There is a ridiculous amount of marauders and PT's putting up low tier numbers. I love it! It's fun to show a FOTM roller how it's supposed to be done and it's not as simple as a faceroll.

Yeah.

When i started to play seriously my vanguard (patch 1.2), it was very hard for me (in full recruit) to be effective (crit RS = 2.3-2.4....). Now, my vanguard is full wh (+ augments) and my pyro merc is only in full recruit. And i am sure i will do the same with my merc when he will get the same gear....

I can even say my pyro merc is better than my ex recruit vanguard, but i am sure it is because i have more experience with this spec.

I agree you have melee class that can basically instant crit for 5k or close to it yet sorc healers have no defense and their big heal has a 2.3 sec cast time on it
those sorc should probably learn to not run into melee range then.. :p

I agree you have melee class that can basically instant crit for 5k or close to it yet sorc healers have no defense and their big heal has a 2.3 sec cast time on it

My RS crits barely 4.2-4.3 against top geared players....

A jug can crit smashed for 5.5k (happened to me and i get 1230 expertise...).

Edited by SaulSerpine

My RS crits barely 4.2-4.3 against top geared players....

A jug can crit smashed for 5.5k (happened to me and i get 1230 expertise...).

^

my server forum has a list of server records

you'll note that none of the biggest hits came from a PT pyro.

hell, even the most dmg done is not dominated by PT (only 1 in 5).

Some intelligent and justified responses, but mostly just ranting and hating. I figured as much. Only time that the classes are balanced in a warzone is when each side has the same amount of marauders/sentinels & powertech/vanguard on them. Otherwise, these classes have way more damage output than the other classes.

Otherwise, these classes have way more damage output than the other classes.
got any screen shots to back that up?

i linked our server's records which do not reflect what you claim (at least regarding pyro).

got any screen shots to back that up?

i linked our server's records which do not reflect what you claim (at least regarding pyro).

This post only proves that pyrotechs have less aoe capabilities then other classes, since a lot of them are voidstar / novare coast. Guess you could also say that guardians/sentinels are overpowered based on that post, but that still doesnt mean that another classes can't be slightly less op....

This post only proves that pyrotechs have less aoe capabilities then other classes, since a lot of them are voidstar / novare coast. Guess you could also say that guardians/sentinels are overpowered based on that post, but that still doesnt mean that another classes can't be slightly less op....

what i'm saying is that there will always be a perceived overpowerness in a MMO.

but with every OP-ness, there's a counter.

this is not CoD, or some FPS console game. with MMO, there's ALWAYS a paper-rock-scissors relationship.

the problem is that people are throwing rocks at paper, or scissors at stone, and expecting a winning outcome. and when they don't, they call the other class OP.

those people are who i refer to when I say "bads".