1.3 = Unbalanced PvP gear once again

Monoth

PvP actually became fun back before people could buy War Hero gear, the 1.2 patch allowed you get get BM gear fairly quickly and games were close and a lot of fun, now that 1.3 came out and you can buy War Hero gear (which is a long grind) and aug the crap out of it, were back to when those with it just completely own those who don't have it....

After Bioware admitted they messed up with how Powerful Battlemaster Gear was over people without, they go and make the exact same mistake with War Hero gear....

IMO you should not be able to put Aug's in PvP Gear and the difference between starter PvP gear and War Hero should not be so extreme...

On my server it's gotten to the point that most people won't even do WZ's anymore, your stuck playing against the exact same people each time... and unfortunately it's the groups who are geared to the max....

I've pretty much given up on 50 pvp'ing... doing 10-49 pvp is a lot more fun since there is no gear imbalance..

the difference between fully augmented BM and fully augmented wh is fairly small. In fact, i prefer augmented mod-swapped BM over stock augmented WH, and it is super easy to put together. When I finished my wh tank gear, i bought/swapped/aug'd a set of BM dps gear for my companion in a matter of days... I have since test driven that set for a couple of days and honestly i barely even notice the difference b/w that and wh.

I've pretty much given up on 50 pvp'ing... doing 10-49 pvp is a lot more fun since there is no gear imbalance..

Gear imbalance, skill imbalance, stat imbalance, ability imbalance. Just because it says stats are boosted does not mean you will have the same will power as a level 20 sage compared to a 40. WH is no big deal, the stat gain is pretty low, and the expertise is maybe 100. Those people are full WH because they are skillful at their class.

Those people are full WH because they play a lot.

Fixed. Neither gear level nor valor rank have anything to do with player skill. I can get WH by going semi-afk and faceplanting my way through enough WZs.

@OP: The difference between BM and WH is relatively small. Aug'd and swapped BM is better than stock WH.

Edited by SweetNausea

Fixed. Neither gear level nor valor rank have anything to do with player skill. I can get WH by going semi-afk and faceplanting my way through enough WZs.

@OP: The difference between BM and WH is relatively small. Aug'd and swapped BM is better than stock WH.

Pretty much, yeah.

I'd definitely pump Recruit to pre 1.2 Champion level, though, with an updated level of Expertise. Recruit is a joke, really. Can't optimize it, and it's a waste of augment kits. Why punish newer players for inexperience if they didn't know to stack WZ+ranked comms during levelling when we can just "iron out" the ridiculous gear gap?

Augmenting recruit? That is just... stupid. No one would do that unless they have like 10 milion credits and nothing better to do.

People just get the free recruit. Grind a few days to get the BM with that and start augmenting after that point. People who don't have enough money (like me for example) don't even augment BM, they only augment the WH.

As for gear grind, it is actually quite good atm. You are given the most basic, crappy one for free. Then you get the next -good- gear in like a week's time. Then you slowly grind for WH which could take a long time, but the difference between BM and WH is very small. So it is not a huge difference, you still make very good contribution to WZ with BM gear and don't get overwhelmed by WH folks. And as you play in WZs, WH gear is an incentive enough to keep you hooked on continuing, aside from having your fun.

Augmenting recruit? That is just... stupid. No one would do that unless they have like 10 milion credits and nothing better to do.

People just get the free recruit. Grind a few days to get the BM with that and start augmenting after that point. People who don't have enough money (like me for example) don't even augment BM, they only augment the WH.

As for gear grind, it is actually quite good atm. You are given the most basic, crappy one for free. Then you get the next -good- gear in like a week's time. Then you slowly grind for WH which could take a long time, but the difference between BM and WH is very small. So it is not a huge difference, you still make very good contribution to WZ with BM gear and don't get overwhelmed by WH folks. And as you play in WZs, WH gear is an incentive enough to keep you hooked on continuing, aside from having your fun.

Doing BH/Ilum dailies or making deals with guildies is a good way to get Credits and the Augments.

Oh come on, my marauder in non augmented BM and WH gloves(not yet augmented either) does just fine in normal WZs. Once you have the BM gear the field is pretty even, although I am working on the augments of course.

Oh come on, my marauder in non augmented BM and WH gloves(not yet augmented either) does just fine in normal WZs. Once you have the BM gear the field is pretty even, although I am working on the augments of course.

Pointed out the important part.:D

Doing BH/Ilum dailies or making deals with guildies is a good way to get Credits and the Augments.

Yes, but is it really worth it for recruit? Naah. Recruit survived on my character for like... 4 days or so. I had it all BM by then, so... It really is not worth any credit to blow on it.

I am in no way a "great PvP" player - I do WZ's because I actually enjoy them, be it a loss or a win (nope, don't consider this game life or death - you know who you are!)

Anyway, I had some Centurion armour and then found they had all but made this stuff useless with the Recruit armour.

I was joining in with full recruit and my own death tally was high in each WZ - I died a lot and I'm afraid that is exactly as I expected it to be. I did not expect to jump in and have high surviveability.

Anyway, time passed and I got my first few BM items and I started to last longer - becomming a more useful member of the team and no longer coming bottom of the table.

My BM gear increased and then Augmentation kits appeared and I'm now in full Augmentated BM armour. I am not being "owned" by those in WH armour. Last night I came top in two of my WZ's and I know I was fighting people with better gear than myself.

I'm now on the patch to gaining WH armour - will be a long slog and as I like to buy the most expensive piece first and then taper down that way, even getting my first piece at 3200 ranked comendations will take time.

But I'm enjoying the path there. I'm really not seeing this mile-wide gap between players even in 50/50 Recruit/BM and those in WH equipment.