Imperial Agent: Feel like Scum [Spoiler]

Selvec

Holy hell this is a trip down a one way path of guilt and bad feelings. Blimey. One of the opening decisions in side quest had me find a force sensitive child who's father had kidnapped him to protect him from being trained by the sith. Your options? Let the father go, or kill him. I opened he conversation civil, being an agent and all, so I found out why he wanted to protect his kid. I thought maybe you'd take him out of sight, but nope, just pulls out a blaster and shots the dad dead right in front of the kid. Kid kneels down and start bawling and whimpering "Dad".

I've seen some pretty bad stuff in games, I've been asked to do some pretty heinous acts on behalf of dubious main characters, but holy hell I've never encountered a scenario that made me feel so much like utter scum after making the bad choice.

Kudo's Bioware. You've really made me feel what its like to be an evil bastard, and not just some evil space wizard.

Side note: It probably helps that I'm playing a Rattataki. Who has the most AWESOME imperial accent I have ever heard. It drips sadistic apathetic killer.

Edited by Selvec

So I have decided to play my imp as an honorable agent of the empire. I know this will create some conflicts with companions and probably goes against everything the Sith stand for, but I can see nothing wrong with serving with honor. Obviously some missions are not honorable from the start, but if given a choice I will strive to carry out my missions without blindly choosing the dark side responses. Maybe I'm really just a trooper/smuggler at heart.

Being an imperial agent is not going to be "nice" you are cloak and daggers and yes I shot the dad as well since I am an imperial agent and the sith need more sith acolytes to train.

The imperial agent even says in a quest that agents learn/train on how to kill of their conscious/guilt.

Edited by lokdron

Yeah, some of the DS decisions you can make on the IA story can really send you through some serious guild trips. The killing the kid's dad isn't even part of the IA story (bounty hunters get that quest too). Just wait until you get to Balmorra, or your chapter 1 finale.

Yeah, that particular quest, has a real gift for making you feel like scum. I've played light and dark agents, and even on my current dark agent, I took the LS option for that quest.

I felt so awful the first time I played a dark agent, and chose the DS option for that, that I deleted the toon and started over, lol. That's the only quest I've every felt bad about...and I have more DS toons than light, lol. :cool:

Pretty much the whole point of the agent, near as I can tell, is to make you feel bad. (And like mentioned above, that quest isn't even agent storyline.) If you go darkside, you're made to feel guilty over how evil you are. If you go lightside, you're also guilt tripped as well as feel helpless and abused. (Although you also feel helpless and abused going darkside. It's kind of win-win.)

Being an imperial agent is not going to be "nice" you are cloak and daggers and yes I shot the dad as well since I am an imperial agent and the sith need more sith acolytes to train.

The imperial agent even says in a quest that agents learn/train on how to kill of their conscious/guilt.

I beg to differ. As an agent I spend a good deal of my time cleaning up after Sith power struggles, avoiding getting killed by the very same Sith I am supposed to serve. I serve the empire, but the last thing we need is more power hungry sith. I let the kid and the man go.

My balance is just about neutral leaning toward dark. I don't kill needlessly. I don't waste the chance of having future valuable assets. I will however shoot the occasional person in the leg to get my point across. If you turn out to be too much of a threat. I will put you down and not worry the least bit about it.

I beg to differ. As an agent I spend a good deal of my time cleaning up after Sith power struggles, avoiding getting killed by the very same Sith I am supposed to serve. I serve the empire, but the last thing we need is more power hungry sith. I let the kid and the man go.

My balance is just about neutral leaning toward dark. I don't kill needlessly. I don't waste the chance of having future valuable assets. I will however shoot the occasional person in the leg to get my point across. If you turn out to be too much of a threat. I will put you down and not worry the least bit about it.

Thats how I played my Sniper until I had to delete it because of it getting corrupted. I only killed when I absolutely had to. An Imperial Agents loyalty is to the people of the Empire not to the ones who rule it since most of the time in ch1 your cleaning up messes that Sith have left behind. Thats why I like the Bounty Hunter sometimes at least you can tell a Sith flat out "NO!" Then kick the crap out of him when he tries to force the issue.

Okay, I just finished getting my second agent to 50. Both were Chiss.....this one started out loyal to the Empire....but along the way, starting with the chapter 1 finale, grew frustrated at the xenophobes running it. Yes, she's very dark - dark 4 - but her loyalties lie with certain people, not blindly following the Empire. Since this is a second agent, I won't be playing end game with her, I figured out what her life after Chapter 3 would be. And I'm happy with that ending for her. :)