7 months later....

AFKGCWBOT

Yes, I'm sure that they're losing subs because we can't sit in chairs that's the dealbreaker.
Not that sitting in chairs matters to me -- it was falsely advertised in 1.3 and I'm sure the roleplayers want it.

How's the mind-numbing WOW Gear grind going for ya?

The fact that people are sick to death of the traditional MMO is why people are leaving. Even WoW is trying some new features to stop the exodus.(Pokémon lite namely)

RP functions will help keep a small crowd of people happy but this game needs some unique new content to really set it apart from other MMO's. There's been plenty of great suggestions, my favourite being Pazaak with collectable/tradable cards and the ability to bet against other players or NPC's in tournaments. Space needs an overhaul too since the current iteration of space is just lame, they really need to step it up.

Edited by Nyoro

... no image redesign

huh?

appearance tab

modded gear is your appearance tab

still can't sit in chairs

you're serious?

and world PVP is still busted...

Trying to find a way to promote lawlzors zerg fests will never work...go pick a fight on voss or something

Not that sitting in chairs matters to me -- it was falsely advertised in 1.3 and I'm sure the roleplayers want it.

How's the mind-numbing WOW Gear grind going for ya?

Ummm ... did you actually read what was advertised? Other than 1.2's postponed RWZs, the only things that might have been misadvertised are things people have made up. Here's a 1.3 refresher for ya: http://www.swtor.com/blog/welcome-game-update-1.3-allies Edited by GalacticKegger

The fact that people are sick to death of the traditional MMO is why people are leaving. Even WoW is trying some new features to stop the exodus.(Pokémon lite namely)

RP functions will help keep a small crowd of people happy but this game needs some unique new content to really set it apart from other MMO's. There's been plenty of great suggestions, my favourite being Pazaak with collectable/tradable cards and the ability to bet against other players or NPC's in tournaments. Space needs an overhaul too since the current iteration of space is just lame, they really need to step it up.

Yeah, I didn't list space since that's asking too much from Bioware/EA. I'm sure we'll see it in 2-3 years.

Has anyone considered that these MMOs aren't supposed to cater to millions, tens of millions or hundreds of millions of subscribers?

When games built up to the eventual MMO hayday that was World of Warcraft it should have been expected that all sorts of niche MMOs would pop up.

Each MMO is there to cater to those who like that niche. It doesn't have to map to your precise expectations of success.

In summary: There can be more than 1 MMO. There can be several, each offering different things. SWTOR is fine, even with subscription losses.

Edited by DotFreelance

WoW's had flying mounts since BC. Wonder why mounted combat isn't in the game? Blame it on Bioware ... :rolleyes:.

Flying mounts are terrible. If I had to list a single thing as the worst thing Blizzard ever added to WoW then flying mounts would be it. They've killed world PvP and made the entire world seem tiny since you can traverse it in a matter of minutes.

Flying mounts are terrible. If I had to list a single thing as the worst thing Blizzard ever added to WoW then flying mounts would be it. They've killed world PvP and made the entire world seem tiny since you can traverse it in a matter of minutes.

you always could, with flight points / hearths / mages. however, i do agree, and SW took that even further by having disjointed quest hubs that do not really tie into each other very well other than "bob over at zone 4 recons he needs some help...you should go over there". dont get me wrong i am glad they have the breadcrumb quests but yeah.

one of the things that annoyed me was the complete lack of exploration. theres really no reason to ever stray from the main path. although the datacrons are a nice addition i personally feel that the game engine is not at all suited to jumping challenge type activities. i dont think its a deal breaker or anything, just saying. i found the entire world to be very flat and boring as well. VERY flat. there are some unique moments when you find yourself up high but not even close to enough variation in terrain.

for me it made the world feel very stale, clinical and lifeless. visually i enjoyed hoth once i got to the starship GY, and that one moment where you get WAY up high in...aldaraan i think? on the collapsed bridge area, that was cool, but thats too examples in 7 months of playing both factions.

Has anyone considered that these MMOs aren't supposed to cater to millions, tens of millions or hundreds of millions of subscribers?

When games built up to the eventual MMO hayday that was World of Warcraft it should have been expected that all sorts of niche MMOs would pop up.

Each MMO is there to cater to those who like that niche. It doesn't have to map to your precise expectations of success.

In summary: There can be more than 1 MMO. There can be several, each offering different things. SWTOR is fine, even with subscription losses.

Keep telling yourself this. Keep telling yourself this all the way until there are <50k subs and the game has virtually no support from a dev team. Its happen to quite a few MMOs.

Personally, I hated WoW but I thought flying mounts was the funnest thing about that game. I had fun hoppin on my mount and flying through the sky. It was neat seeing the world from way up there.