Sith and killing each other.

deadlyclaris

Why do they do it? I know it's because they either want to have more power or because someone had failed them. But if they didn't live like CounterStrike players and actually preserved their warriors, would they be able to take control of everything? The Jedi give them a hard time already. What if their numbers just multiplied because they stopped...teamkilling?

Why do they do it? I know it's because they either want to have more power or because someone had failed them. But if they didn't live like CounterStrike players and actually preserved their warriors, would they be able to take control of everything? The Jedi give them a hard time already. What if their numbers just multiplied because they stopped...teamkilling?

The Sith, from what I've been able to understand, live by Darwin's Law of survival of the fittest. If you aren't able to perform your duties, then you're a liability. Simple as that. If you slip up, you're dead. That's how they operate, and the Galaxy is probably a better place because of that. Just imagine if the Sith ever got their act together and actually UNITED instead of chasing their own agendas. They would have slaughtered the entire Jedi Order by now. lol

The Sith culture is the epitome of social darwinism. If you are killed or have a lowly place in society then you deserve it because you are not smart/strong enough to rise above your station or stay alive. Also, it is a system to filters the weak out of their society and gets rid of dead weight. While it may not be the most beneficial way to go about things, to the Sith it is the right way.

The story line of Exar Kun is something you should look into. Exar was a jedi who went bad and decided to become a sith lord. In the process he recruited several other Sith and became amazingly powerful as the Sith Lord because he practiced both sides of the Force. In the end his 2nd in command turned him into the Jedi and the entire counsel assaulted his temple on Yavin IV. Exar Kun ended up transferring his essence into the temple and years later emerged to take over several of the jedi that Luke Skywalker tries to train in the same temple.

Thank you all for your quick answers. It's been a thought I've had for many years. I was mostly reminded of this puzzle when I saw the intro trailer for TOR where at the end, one of the Sith slays another. I understand that he failed, but he still made a great attempt to fight that one Jedi. Personally, I would've seen to it that he had his wounds healed and sent back into battle. But, he was killed. And I was just...disappointed to say the least. Yeah, he failed, but people learn from mistakes. They can't learn if they die.

Thank you all for your quick answers. It's been a thought I've had for many years. I was mostly reminded of this puzzle when I saw the intro trailer for TOR where at the end, one of the Sith slays another. I understand that he failed, but he still made a great attempt to fight that one Jedi. Personally, I would've seen to it that he had his wounds healed and sent back into battle. But, he was killed. And I was just...disappointed to say the least. Yeah, he failed, but people learn from mistakes. They can't learn if they die.

Which is why the Sith can never seem to close the deal on Galactic Domination. They overlook all the accomplishments of their brethren when they fail. They ONLY see the failure. It's Darwinism in the extreme, and it's their main weakness, imho.

The Sith should do performance evaluations instead to move up the ranks. That way you still have the Rule of the Strong ideology in place.

But who would get to choose the evaluators and the method of evaluation?

Nah, for the Sith, life is a test and the dead failed it. :cool:

The same thing that Bane mocked the Sith Brotherhood for 1,000 years BBY still applies to this Sith Empire: A Sith's drive is to gain power in the dark side and to be unrivaled in strength, but this only works on a small scale setting such as the rule of two. The Sith path is not for the weak willed or merciful, and as such they are weeded out along the path by the ones with the stronger desire for power. The flaw becomes most apparent in situations like this where there are so many powerful dark jedi that they are collapsing on themselves with infighting, betrayal and murder to weild more influence. Yes, uniting against a common foe would be more beneficial, but that is against the sith way of placing your own power above and beyond anything else, and is not up to discussion considering it is the very nature of the dark side itself. =O

I recomend the Path of Destruction book from the Bane series. <_< Drew Karpyshyn did very well on that first novel.

All good answers, I would also add this. If you have not read the Darth Bane books (Darth Bane: Path of Destruction, Darth Bane: Rule of Two and Darth Bane: Dynasty of Evil) you should.

The books will give you a very good insight on the Sith currently as they are, and why and how it was changed to a one master and one apprentice.

that's why the empire lose at the end of this game, cuz they pray on their own guys more then they prey on the enemy!

They work actively to weed out the weakest link. What does it make the Republic/Jedi/Light Side that they wait and lurk until that weeding moment before they move in? Not to mention taking forever to make up their mind whether or not to defend their own people. Brilliant defenders of the Good and Just, indeed. :rolleyes:

At least the Sith are open about what they want.

They work actively to weed out the weakest link. What does it make the Republic/Jedi/Light Side that they wait and lurk until that weeding moment before they move in? Not to mention taking forever to make up their mind whether or not to defend their own people. Brilliant defenders of the Good and Just, indeed. :rolleyes:

At least the Sith are open about what they want.

Good point, rakkaani. The Sith are open about it. Now if we could just get them to work together without all the in-fighting... ;)

has anyone read the new books the Fate of the Jedi Series. Where there has been sith on a planet for 5000 years just thinking they are the greatest things in the universe not having any space travel, untill a sith meditation sphere finds them.

it doesnt say how many sith there are just a whole planet full, but they throw them away like they are clone troopers, filling ships with them one proton torpedo and boom hundreds of dead sith

They have anger management issues.

Good point, rakkaani. The Sith are open about it. Now if we could just get them to work together without all the in-fighting... ;)

That's just it though, eventually one of them (all of them) will want all the power for themselves. They are selfish, self important and.. wait, I wonder if my teenagers are Sith?!?

oh well.. It all comes down to... "Good will always win over Evil because Evil is dumb." :)

If you play through first part of sith warrior's story quest, it tells you that they are now forced to open their sith academy to everyone with force potential like the Jedi as opposed to previously only limited to certain ppl with combat force abilities.

Honestly. I think it's because the Sith we are exposed too are orientated as Villains. Which is fine, but if your reading a comic book. Do you really need to read about the non military times. Not really.

When the Sith are just doing their thing and living their lives. It's probably very different culture experience. Death probably takes a back seat. I'm sure it's still a society of passion and strength, but a lot less death.

If the Sith didn't have enough of an active society. Farmers, teachers, businessperson, clerks, secretaries, gas station attendants, police..... then there just wouldn't be a population enough to support the culture, race or any organization. There wouldn't be enough of a foundation for War. But we don't need to know about the non-military side.

So consider that the rise to political power does involved death. For a defeated opponent can rise up and strike back.

as a fan of the books, I can tell you that this is the reason for the Rule of Two. Darth Bane saw the folly of raising an army of Sith who inevitably betrayed each other and killed their own when victory over the Jedi seemed nigh.

The unity of the Light is the only thing that lets it prevail in the face of overwhelming darkness, which always fractured. By instituting the Rule of Two, no longer would armies of Sith strike each other down incessantly. Instead, the strongest two would simply remain in the shadows and TRAIN NO OTHER SITH, using non-force sensitives as their pawns against the Jedi.

Since the Rule of Two ultimately culminated in the reign of Palpatine over the whole galaxy, one could argue that it was the superior Sith philosophy.