Guild Capital Ship Idea's

SithRex

How to obtain:

Requirements- The GuildMaster must be Lv 50, the Guild must have at least 1 bank tab, and at least 24 members.

Once these are met the GM can accuire a 1 time quest at the Fleet, there has been several Capital ship Captain's of different types that have gone rogue and are trying to defeect to the other side, the GM must pick one to go after (this choice determines what type/kind of Capital Ship the Guild recives on completion). Once this choice is made A new one time instanced Lv 50 24-man Operation becomes available (thatn only members of the GM's Guild can enter), the objective, clear out and take oxer the Capital ship to take as their own!

On a side note several bonuses that could be included in getting one:

1. tarship vendor & Fleet comendation vendor onboard, that sells exclusive items, like upgrades for your new Capotal Ship,new Cybertech Scematics for Capital Ship items/gear, and possibly new social gear too.

2.Penty of new possibities for new Space missions, even Space Operation, a Guild Capial Ship vs. Guild Capital Ship PvP matches!

3. New military titles for the Players like Imperial/Republic Admiral For the GM once the Capital Ship is aquired, and possibly for the guild's officers too.

4. It can have unique customization option, like assing a Cantina to it, or building a Tropy Room to hold trophies of all the Ops bosses that they have defeated in Guild Runs.

5. It could even have possibilities for new normal (non-space) FP's and Ops, and could even become a new daily quest hub!

You're aware the idea has been on the official docket of things they want to do for a long time, right?

Yup, just tossing in a couple of extra idea's on how it could be possible to obtain, and some of the benefit's of having one!

How I thought it should work is a while back, is first you need to obtain your guild space station (can simply buy this, maybe 10,000,000$ or so seems fair, and maybe require 2 guild tabs first.

From your station you declare intention to build a capital ship. Tthe guildmembers have to donate materials, where the ship for an average guild would take something around a month to build, and they have to assign their companions to actually help build it when they're offline.

So you send them to build, it takes maybe 1,000$ per hour per companion, but the time is set in increments...

Using fleet commendations speeds up the process as well.

Anyway then you end up with your capital ship in about a month. That way small, medium, and large guilds can have them.

Don't exclude small guilds, just make it harder.

It needs to be something that takes a serious amount of time, money, and resources so it feels important.

Then make it so each guild member gets a room and can modify it themselves, same with the space station. And a central social area on each.

• 2 weeks later...

I love the idea of a guild capital ship. I would have it procured a slightly different way though.

I think the ship should involve guild mission's However also that require large amounts of internal guild crafting components and material gathering.

Also although I know their is massive support for guild ship pvp, i was thinking along the lines of guild space PVE. This could be seen as the space version of Operations, requiring the ship to be upgraded to meet the content you are trying to complete, along with needing the people to man turrets and or some kind of repair or response teams to fight off boarding teams while the rest of the crew engages like with turrets and another flies . to create a true team effort in coordinating the attack and plan.

I do like and agree with the Guild Capital ship including advance vendors, but it could also incorporate advance crafting stations for optional use if you que to craft while on the ship itself for your companions. increase chance to crit or something like that.

Number of guild members shouldnt be a limiting factor. This will exclude a number of smaller guilds from having one if they so choose. I do like your other ideas though

I love this idea, but I agree that number of guild members shouldn't be a limiting factor either. I'm in a small guild myself (only 12 characters) and we don't recruit because we all know each other, mostly family. I say keep it to a minimum of four character and have a choice to add more like the operations.

It's be cool if the guild ships scaled with the size of the guild:

Small guilds get a small fast stealthy corvette, like they're a independent special ops team.

Medium guilds get a destroyer or frigate, big enough to be called up for major operations but usually spend time on the outer rim pacifying upstart worlds.

Large guilds get cruisers, good for maintaining peace with major worlds.

Huge guilds get Star Destroyer sized ships or their own station to keep a sector in line.

It's be cool if the guild ships scaled with the size of the guild:

Small guilds get a small fast stealthy corvette, like they're a independent special ops team.

Medium guilds get a destroyer or frigate, big enough to be called up for major operations but usually spend time on the outer rim pacifying upstart worlds.

Large guilds get cruisers, good for maintaining peace with major worlds.

Huge guilds get Star Destroyer sized ships or their own station to keep a sector in line.

go play Star trek online :)