Enough dresh in finder groups

Leatherbeak

If you are one of the ones that likes to swear and belittle others in finder groups this post is aimed at you.

Stop it. If you want to get through the content why not be helpful instead of just telling other party members they suck? It's not helpful at all. If the DPS are both attacking other targets and the tank is not holding aggro you will fail. Swearing at the tank, the dps or the healer just isn't going to get the content cleared.

As a healer, I won't take it. I dont need to. If you start swearing at me - my fault or not - I'm gone. I'm not going to take your crap.

Just sayin

Do think your post will solve anything? I mean you shouldn't really be that surprised. There is always going to be people that are elitist douchebags or think they know how everyone should play. I just ignore them, leaving the group is completely stupid. Not only are you hurting yourself (12 minute lockout) but the other players that aren't being douches have to wait for a healer, which can be quite the wait on some servers where most everyone plays a dps.

My advice: grow a thicker skin. Ignore the morons & Jerks that think they can tell you how to play.

I bet you can see pretty far atop that horse can't ya?

Maybe so, but he's not unjustified in being up there. If you want to use the group finder to progress in the game, that's fine. If you want to cuss out everyone you meet in there, that's fine. If you want to get yourself kicked or simply have someone more important to the group than you leave, thus ending your run, that's fine, too.

If a guy wants to bail on a group because one or more people are trying to be eThugs, all the more power to him. Odds are, they need him a lot more than anyone needs them.

All you have to do is paly the game your way... Do not make other people tell you to play it there way you kill them the way you want and so on.

I... um. Forget it. I will ignore the fact that I can't read this to put in the following smart ace comment. I have a level 85 paly.

I... um. Forget it. I will ignore the fact that I can't read this to put in the following smart ace comment. I have a level 85 paly.

Can you tell me what you mean by an level 85 play. I do not get that?

Do think your post will solve anything? I mean you shouldn't really be that surprised. There is always going to be people that are elitist douchebags or think they know how everyone should play. I just ignore them, leaving the group is completely stupid. Not only are you hurting yourself (12 minute lockout) but the other players that aren't being douches have to wait for a healer, which can be quite the wait on some servers where most everyone plays a dps.

My advice: grow a thicker skin. Ignore the morons & Jerks that think they can tell you how to play.

While I was all for the "Shut up and take it"-route before, I believe that time is over. Or at least, should end. MMOs were not always so anti-social and populated with people that have no idea to communicate with another living being in a healthy way. I see absolutely no reason to continue to encourage that trend.

MMOs, oddly enough, encourage more and more solo play as the genre progresses. People simply aren't used to talking to each other. If people actually knew how to communicate, make friends and help each other out in MMOs, there would be absolutely no need for a group finder. Essentially (among other things), group finders exist to ensure that these anti-social people that can't communicate in a way that would cause another player to invite them to their group are able to get into groups.

If those people want to put themselves on a virtual pedestal by tearing down everything else around them, that's fine. But instead of people that don't like that behaviour taking it, I highly encourage them to either boot those players out of the group, or leave themselves.

It isn't tolerated in reality. I don't know what people tolerate it virtually.

Edited by CelCawdro

While I was all for the "Shut up and take it"-route before, I believe that time is over. Or at least, should end. MMOs were not always so anti-social and populated with people that have no idea to communicate with another living being in a healthy way. I see absolutely no reason to continue to encourage that trend.

MMOs, oddly enough, encourage more and more solo play as the genre progresses. People simply aren't used to talking to each other. If people actually knew how to communicate, make friends and help each other out in MMOs, there would be absolutely no need for a group finder. Essentially (among other things), group finders exist to ensure that these anti-social people that can't communicate in a way that would cause another player to invite them to their group are able to get into groups.

If those people want to put themselves on a virtual pedestal by tearing down everything else around them, that's fine. But instead of people that don't like that behaviour taking it, I highly encourage them to either boot those players out of the group, or leave themselves.

Totally agree.

All you have to do is paly the game your way... Do not make other people tell you to play it there way you kill them the way you want and so on.

Which way to play the game mine?

Don't know way to which the how of which do good.

Halp!!!

THIS ^

Xerkrom is right, it's just the way it is and your gonna have to deal with it. :cool:

I understand what your saying but, their is nothing we can do about it.:(

Try joining a guild.:D

First - I am happy to see that there are those that agree with me. I was hoping that was the case and that it wouldnt all be flames.

As to those that think the answer is to grow thicker skin - I want you to know that this has nothing to do with skin thickness. I have no problem taking the abuse, I just refuse to have to. Why should I? and it's not just me I see it with others in the PUGs as well.

It's as simple as this. If it is too much to ask for you to be civil then I won't heal for you. I'm not telling you how to play, I'm just saying that I wont be healing for you. If that means that you have to wait another 20 minutes - well, grow thicker skin and deal with it :)

Seriously, my point is simply that it is unnecessary to belittle anyone. If you see someone that needs help then help or even *gasp* be encouraging. If you want to nerd rage and start swinging your epeen like your lightsaber then you can go fight with someone else.

Oh lastly, I am in a guild. Doesn't mean I dont do randoms.

Edited by Leatherbeak

dont take it. never take abuse from anyone like it´s ok. if it´s a dps just give them a warning and have them kicked if they ignore warnings. usually you can get abusive people kicked realy easy. only problem might be if it´s the tank,, but still i´d give it a go. dont take abuse. that´s just not fun. But dont just quit either. be nice and tell people to be nice.

The issue is that most people have more interesting stuffs to do than carrying you through a Hard Mode when you are undergeared, have no clue about how to play your class (I mean you had 50 lvls to learn it) and/or can't read a guide before entering an instance.

The issue is that most people have more interesting stuffs to do than carrying you through a Hard Mode when you are undergeared, have no clue about how to play your class (I mean you had 50 lvls to learn it) and/or can't read a guide before entering an instance.

If a video game causes them rage, they probably don't.

Likewise, even if their issues are founded, there are ways to express yourself without belittling a person, with or without vulgarity. You would be surprised how quickly issues are solved with a kind nudge or two. On the other hand, saying "ZOMG U SUKK NOOB!" or things similar, are only going to get that person defensive and solve no issues. Thus wasting more of their precious time.

Can you tell me what you mean by an level 85 play. I do not get that?

In your original post, you had a typo where you typed "paly" instead of "play." Since there are no "paly" classes in SWTOR, the followup poster reverted to an MMO that does have palies (namely, the paladin class in WoW). And in WoW, the level cap is 85. But anyway...

Huh? I though the same server LFG was to be a good controller of the jerks in runs? I mean they are suppose to get blacklisted by the players? The community is suppose to be so much better without a cross server LFG. Right? :p

Interesting - sounds lik yo uare one of those I was addressing this to. First off, you don't know the relative skill and backgroud of anyone commenting. You come in and make broad general statements and you come off as elitist. I would remind you that everyone has a first time and if you just go off on those people they will A) get a sour taste for the game and B) will only learn that you are a jerk and nothing about what they did wrong.

Also, many elitists can't see past their on noses and dont realize that they are, in fact, the problem in the group. Like the DPS that attacks everything in sight, doesn't follow the tank's target or any kill order, doesn't CC etc... and he (or she) is the first to call out the healer as a 'NOOB' because he was allowed to die.

Again - explaining that you should attack the tank's target and that you should start with the weakest targets first (general rule) is helpful. 'You SUCK!' is not.

As for me - I am fully geared in Rakata/Black Hole gear - I raid 3 nights a week as a regular healer and I know my class.

Huh? I though the same server LFG was to be a good controller of the jerks in runs? I mean they are suppose to get blacklisted by the players? The community is suppose to be so much better without a cross server LFG. Right? :p

Supposedly if you /ignore someone you won't get grouped with them by the GF. I can't confirm or deny this...I haven't put anyone on ignore since transfers. It would be worse cross server in terms of abusiveness, loot whoring, and just general ******tery.

Exactly this. I don't condone swearing or being rude, but people need to be able to take criticism. I got placed into a Lost Island group and nobody even had Tionese gear. I had more HP as a DPS than the tank did. Don't think you can just skip regular FP and HM FP and go straight to Tier 2.

I only play as Tank or Heals, but the fact of the matter is, if im tanking and see the healer out trying to use all their resources doing dps, im gonna ***** at you. If you are a dps who think you are the tank and rush in at everything before i can get them all aggro, im gonna ***** at you. Simple as that, I give chances, and yeah i tell ppl how to play, but if they arent doing their role, im going to either A. get angry and ***** at the person or B. just vote to kick.

Seriously this is a holy trinity game, if you dont know how to play your role, take a second and google it. /rant

It's astonishing what some folks will put up with for the sake of a few virtual shinies.

My advice: grow a spine. Refuse to tolerate the morons and jerks that think they can tell you how to play.

I'm happy to rein my horse in right alongside the OP here. The view is dandy, it's just a pity more folks aren't willing to appreciate it.

Drop the group if you're taking abuse and /ignore the offender. And those of you left feeling ticked off that the healer just bailed, understand why and do the same.

H.

I was on my merc healer yesterday, the tank told me to stop doing any damage cause my damage was "sh*t". My response well if my damage is that bad so are my heals and I hope you got a lot of medpacs to heal yourself though this then. But in my mind my 2200 aim can more then cut it for a little dps here and there. Mind you no one in the group ever went below 70% health. First thing I did after my comment, ignore, didn't see a single thing he said the rest of the hard mode, and I was good with that.

People that are yelling at and belittleing people in groups annoy me too. Its not like fps are hard, i only do them to get the daily done, yes i would like to get through it fast and easy with no deaths but id rather have a couple of whipes than listen to some 14 year old j/o scream at people the whole time.