Is TOR on an upward trend?

Sarfux

I have a friend that was sitting on the fence until HK-51 was announced.

Hard to know given my new server "Ebon Hawk" is ludicrously full all the time.

Depends what is happening on other servers I guess.

- Arcada

• Replies 115
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

All I will say is F2P up to level 15.

You will come back. The reason is in my sig.

About your sig, because sometimes people isn't at home or able to play for some reason but can check the forums. Is that so hard to understand?

And, in my case, because I joined these forums before launch and it became an habit to check the forums.

Edited by BrunoLogan

Don't understand your point. I have 3 50s working on another one now and I'm not unique in my guild. So... how was legacy done for me after one 50?

Lol. I meant by "done" in the sense, it is allready achieved or obtained maybe is a better term. Look at the posts before mine to understand what I meant in the first place. A increase of players in the starting zones as the one poster indicated, could be because of two factors. One was the free trials. The other could be because of the players who allready have thier legacy and level 50's going back to level another new class. Is that clear now?

Edited by Valkirus

About your sig, because sometimes people isn't at home or able to play for some reason but can check the forums. Is that so hard to understand?

And, in my case, because I joined these forums before launch and it became an habit to check the forums.

But only haters come to the forums I thought.

Are you trying to say people who like this game also visit the forums? That would be a first. :eek:

Check Emeda's post history. This has been explained many, many, MANY times. I've heard theories that Emeda is someone who posts inflammatory,extraneous, or off-topic messages in an online community, such as an online discussion forum, chat room, or blog, with the primary intent of provoking readers into an emotional response or of otherwise disrupting normal on-topic discussion.

Edited by Thaltom

But only haters come to the forums I thought.

Are you trying to say people who like this game also visit the forums? That would be a first. :eek:

I like the game very much but when I make a pause on work I check the forums. What's so surprising about that?

Check Emeda's post history. This has been explained many, many, MANY times. I've heard theories that Emeda is someone who posts inflammatory,extraneous, or off-topic messages in an online community, such as an online discussion forum, chat room, or blog, with the primary intent of provoking readers into an emotional response or of otherwise disrupting normal on-topic discussion.

Thanks for the warning. As long as I'm up to answer, I will. From then, I'll just ignore ^^

No I post so that people are not mislead.

Everything you say that I have done has been done by fanboys also but its ok for them to do it but not me because I am labled a hater.

If I were to say exactly the same things but with a positive for SWTOR then you wouldnt say one thing would you.

Thanks for the warning. As long as I'm up to answer, I will. From then, I'll just ignore ^^

You are very welcome. I'll PM you with a few more people who post inflammatory,extraneous, or off-topic messages in an online community, such as an online discussion forum, chat room, or blog, with the primary intent of provoking readers into an emotional response or of otherwise disrupting normal on-topic discussion.

Edited by Thaltom

You are very welcome. I'll PM you with a few more people who post inflammatory,extraneous, or off-topic messages in an online community, such as an online discussion forum, chat room, or blog, with the primary intent of provoking readers into an emotional response or of otherwise disrupting normal on-topic discussion.

How many people on that list will be haters and now many will be fanboiz? Somehow I think its a one sided list.

How many people on that list will be haters and now many will be fanboiz? Somehow I think its a one sided list.

Oh for sure. I say ignore them and post what you want as long as it is within the forum rules. They can dispute, ignore or whatever. That is what I do and will continue to do up to when my sub expires and can no longer post. Why? For two reasons. One is I hope the game will improve and I will want to resub. Other is ...I paid for the right to post my opinion. They donot agree with it, that is thier right to post so and why. It anoys them that I do... tough. They respond in a personal attack I place them on my ignore list and continue on. :cool:

Lol. I meant by "done" in the sense, it is allready achieved or obtained maybe is a better term. Look at the posts before mine to understand what I meant in the first place. A increase of players in the starting zones as the one poster indicated, could be because of two factors. One was the free trials. The other could be because of the players who allready have thier legacy and level 50's going back to level another new class. Is that clear now?

Yup. It is indeed.

Dont worry some certain people will come in and say that this was all planned from the get go and every MMO does it.

Wasnt it SWTOR that was all proud that they kept the entire team together and that they were going to keep them together. Wish someone could like that video so we can remember what he said because I dont think he said they kept the team together for the entire production and are ready to get rid of most of them since the game has launched.

Ah... things are becoming much clearer now. I should have checked the history in the first place.

That might not have been Bioware's decision. That might have come from EA. The bad economy has hit the gaming companies pretty hard.

Hard enough that they didnt lay off anyone from 2005-2011 but had to do 2 waves in 2012. When did the bad economy start? wasnt it 2008, and its just now catching up to SWTOR. :rolleyes:

Hard enough that they didnt lay off anyone from 2005-2011 but had to do 2 waves in 2012. When did the bad economy start? wasnt it 2008, and its just now catching up to SWTOR. :rolleyes:

For a company as large as EA its not going to hit them fast. It takes time. The company I work for went thru the same thing. It weathered 2008, 2009, 2010, then 2011 came and it started to bite and they did lay-offs. When you are in a 5 year long recession, its going to hurt eventually.

Except he fails to mention that in NA alone, there are 253 WoW servers and 38 of those were listed as high pop, with 156 as medium populations as of June 17th. Blizzard still has a lot of subs from NA.

This is true, but I'm talking about relative amounts. 70% of wow players are from Asia IIRC. This means that SWTOR is unlikely to even reach the total amount of players WoW has total in the NA/Eu playerbase without massively increasing the number of subs there beyond what WoW has accomplished, which is clearly never gonna happen. The point is that it's silly to invest the amount they did in this game assuming it could even approach WoW without focusing on the Asian market, where WoW gets the majority of its customers and where Star Wars doesn't appeal nearly as much.

They have a lot of subs from NA but that's not a counter argument or even touching on what I address. The point is SWTOR will never reach "WoW numbers" without that market, seeing as about 70% (or some other huge amount) of those 10 million counted WoW players are from Asia. The (admittedly speculative) point is that this is completely impossible from demographics alone. SWTOR would need to make up that 70% of worldwide subscribers somewhere, and based on most mmo sub stats there's probably not a NA/Eu population to support it.

Edited by Oobob

Lol! Good point. The bad economy really started a little before 2008. You donot let go ( fire ) your top position managers unless they are viewed as excess dead weight or failed to succeed in thier position. Same thing actually. And he resigned the article says. In a lot of cases of failing ventures for a product, managers are encouraged to resign as a more honorable way to leave the company. A bit like how the one scene in the movie " Enemy at the Gates" the top Russian general handed a another general who had failed in his job , a pistol and said " why don'nt you save the country the embarresment and all the paperwork." Now if he resigned due to personal reasons like family health or wanted to look into other opportunities, then BioWare should say so. To not say anything absolutely will lead many to think he was in truth pressured to resign.

This is true, but I'm talking about relative amounts. 70% of wow players are from Asia IIRC. This means that SWTOR is unlikely to even reach the total amount of players WoW has total in the NA/Eu playerbase without massively increasing the number of subs there beyond what WoW has accomplished, which is clearly never gonna happen. The point is that it's silly to invest the amount they did in this game assuming it could even approach WoW without focusing on the Asian market, where WoW gets the majority of its customers and where Star Wars doesn't appeal nearly as much.

They have a lot of subs from NA but that's not a counter argument or even touching on what I address. The point is SWTOR will never reach "WoW numbers" without that market, seeing as about 70% (or some other huge amount) of those 10 million counted WoW players are from Asia. The (admittedly speculative) point is that this is completely impossible from demographics alone. SWTOR would need to make up that 70% of worldwide subscribers somewhere, and based on most mmo sub stats there's probably not a NA/Eu population to support it.

You do make some good points. But lets only count the NA pop subs for WoW. Forget Asia. TOR still never reached WoW's numbers, but could have...with the right direction from the game leads. That was my point.

You do make some good points. But lets only count the NA pop subs for WoW. Forget Asia. TOR still never reached WoW's numbers, but could have...with the right direction from the game leads. That was my point.

SWTOR did reach WoW's level of numbers when you look at WoWs first year for the NA and EU servers, it took WoW 6 months to reach 1.5 million. However SWTOR will never approach WoWs numbers unless it also expands into the far east markets.