Quarterly Producer Letter for Q2 2024 ×

I hate "pay 2 win" but...

Darth-Piranha

wouldn't mind buying orange armor(empty of course) with real money. not saying i definitely want this, just saying i wouldn't complain if it became available.

what do ya think: yay or nay and why?

EDIT: Some people may have misunderstood: That I was saying purchasing orange empty armor is pay 2 win. No its not and I know that. So let me rephrase: I don't like Pay 2 win one bit. But I wouldn't mind micro transactions on "Cosmetic only" gear & enhancements such as Orange Armor (mods not included)...

Edited by Darth-Piranha

wouldn't mind buying orange armor(empty of course) with real money. not saying i definitely want this, just saying i wouldn't complain if it became available.

Buying Orange Armor with out mods is not a pay to win system. There are plenty of F2P MMOs that are very fun and in a much better place than TOR. More people and much less bugs.

On topic though, if they put in a cash shop that sold orange gear I wouldn't use it. For the simple fact that it costs too much to move my mods and armoring from my current gear and the fact that I don't have campaign gear so I lose my set bonus too. The current "custom gear" setup is a whole other chapter in "TOR Failures".

One of the main points of mmo's for me that keeps me busy is the pursuit of items/gear for my characters If I only had only pay for them for instant access I would be board in no time at all.

F2P & Micro transactions kill games for me.

On topic though, if they put in a cash shop that sold orange gear I wouldn't use it. For the simple fact that it costs too much to move my mods and armoring from my current gear

don't have to transfer mods, just get new 1s :)

and the fact that I don't have campaign gear so I lose my set bonus too. The current "custom gear" setup is a whole other chapter in "TOR Failures".

bonus, schmonus, phooey >.< willing 2 wear ugly gear just for bonuses, I must help free you of this!!!!

Edited by Darth-Piranha

Could I get a bare midriff top for my consular? I'd pay a few bucks (1-3 max) for an empty shell that's Legacy bound and looked the same for both sides. Oh and some pants for females and maybe some Laura Croft style shorts for my smuggler. All without social level requirements please.

Vanity type outfits in most games (though they are usually F2P) are pretty cheap, you can generally get an entire outfit for $10. Its called an impulse buy and its made some games (RoM, PWI, ect.) lots of money, though with SWTOR being a sub game, this would kinda be a kind of a jerk nickle and dime kind of stunt.

Dear god NO! I saw how this option completely destroyed the Diablo 3 community (among other things).

PLAY TO WIN! It's more fun that way!

don't have to transfer mods, just get new 1s :)

bonus, schmonus, phooey >.< willing wear ugly gear just for bonuses, I must help free you of this!!!!

The mods I use come in the gear...the cost comes when you pull them out of the gear :( So even if I was like yea screw my set bonus and wanted to play around with my look it would cost me I think around 125k per piece, counting augments and the install of a new slot. I prefer spending that cash on overpriced perks that I think are all bugged for an army of alts.

I want to play dress up with my character, I am a grown *** man that wants to play with star wars dolls. And the custom gear in game is a decent idea, can't say it was good. But the execution of it was BWFS. When leveling up every few levels I am changing around my gear looking cool and sometimes not so much. I enjoy it, at end game it is done because I don't want to give up performance for looks.

QQ...I will pee blood in joy the day they say they are chucking it all out the window and just putting in a appearance tab like Rift with dyes. I loved that system. Like the moment that happens it maybe another "re-sub" level event.

O and yea I would drop a small fortune in the cash shop to further fuel my dress up fetish. Its sick and I don't relish explaining to my wife why I spent all that money on virtual clothes for my virtual doll.

Truth is I had never cared about "appearance tabs" or "wardrobe slots" in a game before Rift. I was playing the game when they released it in a patch and payed it no attention. I was honestly like why are all these nerds going nuts on the forums over this stuff? I continued to ignore it in game until I saw someone who looked really awesome....then I grabbed some stuff from my bank, old gear, and started playing around. Four hours later I had bags full of blues, greens, dyes and a ton less credits to my name and was hooked.

One of the reasons a lot of us play TOR is because its star wars, not because its a solid polished game, cause maker knows its not.

TLDR I would use the **** out of a cash shop.

This game already has microtransactions Its called Digital Deluxe Edition, for an extra $20 you get a rank 1 speeder for every character on your account and a bunch of other useless fluff.

Even if you own a Standard Digital edition you can buy the Digital Upgrade and get all those items, that is a cosmetic microtransaction doesnt matter the way you look at it.

So, for all they trolls saying that they dont want MTs in the game, sorry, we already have them. And I wouldnt mind if they add more cosmetic stuff.

If you dont like it dont buy, pretty simple, people.

Just to flip the coin a little. You could make an in depth suggestion post outlining improvements that could be made to the crafting system. For example a system that allows you to use a set number of templates to create a unique looking item.

I'm going to use Star Trek Online's ship customization as an example.

Screenshot 1: http://i240.photobucket.com/albums/ff235/lordofmu/STOscreenshot01.png

To translate this image into something useful, think of the screen shot of this ship as your stock item. Generic Bioware armor. Nothing special and something you've seen before.

Screenshot 2: http://i240.photobucket.com/albums/ff235/lordofmu/STOScreenshot02.png

Unique player made design.

A similar system for The Old Republic's crafting system could easily correct some of the issues players have with the current look of the armor and items available in the game. With out the need to spend any real world money on in game items.

Ok like... Lets say suppose BW put "Bendak Starkiller's" full iconic champion armor as orange gear up for mt purchase and I'm talking the actual look just the way it did in kotor. Would I buy it? Hell yeah I would in a second! Wouldn't you?

So make it restricted to heavy armor, fine by me..

Edited by Darth-Piranha

Ok like... Lets say suppose BW put "Bendak Starkiller's" full iconic champion armor as orange gear up for mt purchase and I'm talking the actual look just the way it did in kotor. Would I buy it? Hell yeah I would in a second! Wouldn't you?

So make it restricted to heavy armor, fine by me..

So, you pay a subscription and want to PAY MORE to get things you could get easily in game? Why? Those are only PIXELS. If I am paying a sub I won't pay extra for something I should get as part of my sub. If I no longer could do that, why should I pay my sub? Answer, I won't.

So, you pay a subscription and want to PAY MORE to get things you could get easily in game? Why? Those are only PIXELS. If I am paying a sub I won't pay extra for something I should get as part of my sub. If I no longer could do that, why should I pay my sub? Answer, I won't.

You assume that paying a subscription entitles you to everything in the game and your are Wrong. Just paying your sub doesn't give you access to the VIP vendor, the CE vendor, the Pre-Order vendor or the Security vendor. You gain access to those by paying extra, the pre-order crystal is only available to those that spent $5 to preorder their game and the security vendor is available for those that bought the authenticator or downloaded it for androir.

Edited by ChazDoit

cash shop for vantiy items only! ftw!

Hey..cmon...I want my Jedi to have a silent meditation chamber on his ship along with getting more things. Also...I think they could do something like aion with the housing mechanic. It's really GREAT! and have the ability to customize your ship with a "decoration" feature :) We could even get stuff from the gtn to! different beds! different color for the metals! accesories, statues, stuff like that!

You assume that paying a subscription entitles you to everything in the game and your are Wrong. Just paying your sub doesn't give you access to the VIP vendor, the CE vendor, the Pre-Order vendor or the Security vendor. You gain access to those by paying extra, the pre-order crystal is only available to those that spent $5 to preorder their game and the security vendor is available for those that bought the authenticator or downloaded it for androir.

Right. So there is already a certain level of real-money bought items. I don't understand why people want *more* real-money items to be added, because all that does is increase the cost of the (complete) game.

Please...don't use the age old excuse of "it's just pixels." When REAL gamers get immersed, it's not just pixels to them. It's a heq of a lot more. I wouldn't pay.

Everything should be in the game that we could get for 15 dollars a month that's IT. If they do put a cash shop it will be just vantiy things, like pets and stuff, but they could really make the whole thing put together more if they had a customization tab for your ship so you could buy and sell stuff from the GTN for your ship! Even put a "ship customization" vendor on the fleet!!! :o

cash shop for vantiy items only! ftw!

Hey..cmon...I want my Jedi to have a silent meditation chamber on his ship along with getting more things. Also...I think they could do something like aion with the housing mechanic. It's really GREAT! and have the ability to customize your ship with a "decoration" feature :) We could even get stuff from the gtn to! different beds! different color for the metals! accesories, statues, stuff like that!

i miss my moghouse from ffxi. i had a bed made of damascene cloth, gold, and gemstones. i had wall to wall aquariums. i had a totem poll, an elvaan mannequin with my offspec gear stored on it, everything.

id love a bigger ship, more features like a bar and hot tub, bigger bed, individual rooms for my companions, ect

NO NO P2W BAD BAD NO DON"T TOUCH !!!

a cash shop selling vanity items is as close as i am willing to get !!

-- to the people wanting to customize their ships sadly that will not be coming soon as the ship based cutscenes

require the ship to remain static ( why i don't know ask someone with a comp sci degree : S just repeating what

devs have said )

but it would be nice to have

-- to the people wanting to customize their ships sadly that will not be coming soon as the ship based cutscenes

require the ship to remain static ( why i don't know ask someone with a comp sci degree : S just repeating what

devs have said )

case in point:

( yes i love to show this pic off)

http://i28.photobucket.com/albums/c233/DragoonTaryn/swtor-20120624-203120.png

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.