Quarterly Producer Letter for Q2 2024 ×

This game deserves another chance

Amikae

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

after 2 months, i just signed back a few days ago. the game looks nice imo. ill give a second chance. and i think it's better to play star wars universe rather than a middle-age fantasy game. really bored of these games. maybe gw2 will be a good game but i myself wont give any shot for it. will stick with the SW universe which i love so much.

I know, right? There are no issues whatsoever in this game. The endless money sinks and gear grinding is fun as ****, the class balance is perfect and without flaws, all the FPS issues are causes by your gaming rig, it has nothing to do with the flawless HeroEngine.

:rolleyes:

Edited by cs_Kimmo

I know, right? There are no issues whatsoever in this game. The endless money sinks and gear grinding is fun as ****, the class balance is perfect and without flaws, all the FPS issues are causes by your gaming rig, it has nothing to do with the flawless HeroEngine.

:rolleyes:

not saying its perfect , saying its improoved a lot

ofc the game is better than it was at release. Alot of bugs have been fixed and new features have been added. Having said that, much of what i missed at launch i still miss. Just beeing able to sit at a table in a bar and have a beer and a chat with a mate. Maybe some kind of bar game. More NPC dooing more than just standing in their shop. Like thoose servants cleaning the same spot on the floor since launch. give the poor servants a path or just something. It takes away from imersion that the same npc stands cleaning the same spot on the floor every time you pass by. Barmaids in bars who waits on tables and sells drinks. Some wandering guards or senators or ambassadors or just something.

Also, i hate the fact that people just rush hc dungeons and bypass half the bosses. I know some people complained than FP were too long, but that was what made this different from "that other game". And i liked it. the faster a FP gets finished the faster people will get geared up and the faster content will get old.

I agree with the OP. I wish and I hope the game grows.

However, unfortunately you never have a second chance to make a first impression.

Also. The game engine still sucks balls. Needs a rewrite. Pretended improvements won't change that fact. For someone coming to the game from technically perfect game like WoW or Rift or Eve or GW2 beta this engine will feel awfully clunky.

Put the dual-spec in as the last quality of life improvement, add options for buff display, add macros.

Rift

Sorry but what? Rift engine is probably the worst engine ive ever seen in mmo. U should check their tech forum, is full of whine. Rift runs poorly on ~max res even on high-end configuration, and is a known fact.

Agree on dual spec and macros tho :p

Sorry but what? Rift engine is probably the worst engine ive ever seen in mmo. U should check their tech forum, is full of whine. Rift runs poorly on ~max res even on high-end configuration, and is a known fact.

whatever. swtor engine still sucks.

Game is fine.

The company is not.

Not gonna keep paying a company that has no clue what it's doing and what direction it's heading.

GW2 and lots of players are out.

I would change that a bit.

The game is fine, the players are not. Clearly

You are quitting a game that you apparently have fun playing, a freaking video game that cost you 50 cents a day to play, because you don't like the business plan of the parent company?

I don't even know where to begin.

Honestly people.....

In 8 months Trion made significant strides with Rift, adding in multiple raids, FLUFF, events, LFG, Guild leveling and features, Chronicles (2 man dungeons), Alternative Advancement that REWARDS you for playing instead of asking you to fork over cash, alternate pvp zones on the weekends, improving on their dynamic events, improving on their warzones/warfronts incredibly, Wardrobe system

Rift deserves more of a second chance than this, in 8 months what can I say for SWTOR- Ummmm it added 2 new flashpoints, raid, customizable UI that should've been at launch, a warzone.... and LFG! And oh yeah Legacy which is so half-assed and ill-conceived! Companion Dance anyone?! And SWTOR's character/gear customization pales in comparison to Rift

Hero Engine sucks and Bioware is slow and silent. Whether that's because of the terrible engine or their incompetence remains to be seen, but the fact is I don't wanna play Rift. I don't wanna play Generic Fantasy Wars 2, I don't wanna play Panda-Craft, I wanna play SWTOR, but Bioware is making it very hard to do so.

Bioware makes it seem as if common features of the mmo world are zomg so difficult to implement.

"Oops sorry, we don't have the technology for LFG to drop you back to where you originally que'd." Smh and Lol

LucasArts take back your game and give it to someone more competent please

Agree on dual spec and macros tho :p

That has not been my experence in Rift. But then again I have had no performance issues in TOR ether. I7 2600, Radeon 6850. All settings maxed. Not a very high end machine. Both games play smooth for me.

in 8 months trion made significant strides with rift, adding in multiple raids, fluff, events, lfg, guild leveling and features, chronicles (2 man dungeons), alternative advancement that rewards you for playing instead of asking you to fork over cash, alternate pvp zones on the weekends, improving on their dynamic events, improving on their warzones/warfronts incredibly, wardrobe system

rift deserves more of a second chance than this, in 8 months what can i say for swtor- ummmm it added 2 new flashpoints, raid, customizable ui that should've been at launch, a warzone.... And lfg! And oh yeah legacy which is so half-assed and ill-conceived! Companion dance anyone?! And swtor's character/gear customization pales in comparison to rift

hero engine sucks and bioware is slow and silent. Whether that's because of the terrible engine or their incompetence remains to be seen, but the fact is i don't wanna play rift. I don't wanna play generic fantasy wars 2, i don't wanna play panda-craft, i wanna play swtor, but bioware is making it very hard to do so.

Bioware makes it seem as if common features of the mmo world are zomg so difficult to implement.

"oops sorry, we don't have the technology for lfg to drop you back to where you originally que'd." smh and lol

lucasarts take back your game and give it to someone more competent please

amen!

In 8 months Trion made significant strides with Rift, adding in multiple raids, FLUFF, events, LFG, Guild leveling and features, Chronicles (2 man dungeons), Alternative Advancement that REWARDS you for playing instead of asking you to fork over cash, alternate pvp zones on the weekends, improving on their dynamic events, improving on their warzones/warfronts incredibly, Wardrobe system

Rift deserves more of a second chance than this, in 8 months what can I say for SWTOR- Ummmm it added 2 new flashpoints, raid, customizable UI that should've been at launch, a warzone.... and LFG! And oh yeah Legacy which is so half-assed and ill-conceived! Companion Dance anyone?! And SWTOR's character/gear customization pales in comparison to Rift

Hero Engine sucks and Bioware is slow and silent. Whether that's because of the terrible engine or their incompetence remains to be seen, but the fact is I don't wanna play Rift. I don't wanna play Generic Fantasy Wars 2, I don't wanna play Panda-Craft, I wanna play SWTOR, but Bioware is making it very hard to do so.

"Oops sorry, we don't have the technology for LFG to drop you back to where you originally que'd." Smh and Lol

Oh please. Star Wars games are not known for their success. I only played a handful of them because the rest well sucked. Name one of the best Star Wars game ever made: KOTOR. Who made that?

Oh please. Star Wars games are not known for their success. I only played a handful of them because the rest well sucked. Name one of the best Star Wars game ever made: KOTOR. Who made that?

BioWare, when they were free and unbridled. :cool:

Everybody has their own tastes. But I find this game amazing. I have only one level 50 and I am doing all 8 stories.

True and I am glad you are having fun and hope you continue to. The main reason we should play any game. :)

Greetings everyone!

While we appreciate your feedback, positive or negative, we do want to give you a small reminder to please make sure it is constructive. Additionally, while we can understand the use of other games being used as comparison to Star Wars™: The Old Republic™, we ask that the thread remain on topic to this game.

Additionally, if you feel someone is breaking our Rules of Conduct, please report their post so the Community Team can investigate. Report, don't respond! This will help keep the thread constructive and on-topic.

As a reminder, the topic of the thread is in regards to members returning to play the game and resubscribing.

Thank you!

Everybody has their own tastes. But I find this game amazing. I have only one level 50 and I am doing all 8 stories.

Same here. Well, actually 47 is my highest. I keep getting to a point in one of the class stories where I think, "I'll bet I can see another side of this in X's class story ... goddamnit, now I want to go start one of those and find out." So I do, and I start having fun leveling something new, and then it happens again. I think I'll actually get my 47 Agent to 50 before I do anything else though, because I really want to see how his story ends.

True and I am glad you are having fun and hope you continue to. The main reason we should play any game. :)

I guess, for people like me, this game makes sense. I was never a fan of grouping in WoW. I only did that with a friend. I did do quite a bit of Dungeons though, but everybody there was just way too serious.

For a person that prefers story, I enjoy it.

*Thumbs up* Agreed! :o

BioWare, when they were free and unbridled. :cool:

I hate EA as much as the next guy but in all honesty, Biowares programmers have always been horrible. Its safe to say, IMO, that Bioware has MUCH better writers than they do programmers. EA is just reaponsible for their rushed gaming, their **** the customer philosophy, and gimme money tactics but crappy unstable engines and bad programming has always been Biowares worse weakness.

I hate EA as much as the next guy but in all honesty, Biowares programmers have always been horrible. Its safe to say, IMO, that Bioware has MUCH better writers than they do programmers. EA is just reaponsible for their rushed gaming, their **** the customer philosophy, and gimme money tactics but crappy unstable engines and bad programming has always been Biowares worse weakness.

Story is one thing TOR beats other MMO's with hands down. So yeah, BioWare has allways had great story writers.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.