Marauders / Sentinels

Leathen

• Replies 385
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Bad? Says the person who thinks PT/VG's are op, they are easy to kill think you need to L2P. I'd rather face a PT/VG over a Mara any day

Ok let me re-itterate, Mara/sent is pure damage .

PV/VG's are not.

Both can smash thing's to the ground with not a hell of a lot of effort.

Difference is, one is only dps and that's the end of that, they need good def cd's to even be viable, there's no arguing that... Re-read the post i made about facing a sentinel and L2P, FACT.

PT/VG's, i may have worded it wrong, i myself dont have a problem fighting Any class/spec... but they are just as bad is what i'm getting at.... add on too that the guard/taunts/pull they got plus decent kiteability... And all you have to whine about is how bad you are and that "OMG 1v1 against a Mara you cant win (LOL @ You) " if that's the case.

You're not supposed too, and if you mean in a group setting, you might wanna have a chat with there team about that not the player itself.

Seriously stop talking and go L2P.

QQ............

NERFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF <-------------

( The above is a river consisting of bad's crying. )

Ok let me re-itterate, Mara/sent is pure damage .

PV/VG's are not.

Both can smash thing's to the ground with not a hell of a lot of effort.

Difference is, one is only dps and that's the end of that, they need good def cd's to even be viable, there's no arguing that... Re-read the post i made about facing a sentinel and L2P, FACT.

PT/VG's, i may have worded it wrong, i myself dont have a problem fighting Any class/spec... but they are just as bad is what i'm getting at.... add on too that the guard/taunts/pull they got plus decent kiteability... And all you have to whine about is how bad you are and that "OMG 1v1 against a Mara you cant win (LOL @ You) " if that's the case.

You're not supposed too, and if you mean in a group setting, you might wanna have a chat with there team about that not the player itself.

Seriously stop talking and go L2P.

QQ............

NERFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF <-------------

( The above is a river consisting of bad's crying. )

I never said I couldn't kill a Mara 1v1 in fact I do kill them frequently on my main. I only stated that i'd rather 1v1 PT/VG any day.

EDIT: and re the only DPS, you do realise Mara's have the best group buffs and some of the best Utility in the game with Pred/Transendance.

The only 2 cooldowns DPS PT/VG's have when are are their Bubble and their self heal; both pale in compared to how awesome Cloak of Pain is (I'd give my back teeth to have a cooldown like that)

Edited by Lacedemon

Yes we should, other classes have 2 because they can do more then us which is DPS. Like i said other classes can heal, taunt, guard, etc. Most of our abilities contribute to our DPS and we can't DPS without survivability. And if your saying that our DPS should be the same as everyone else not better give us a side, make Sentinels DPS/Heal same with Snipers. Make a Sentinel or Marauder then you may judge =D What your basically saying is we should be a pure DPS class but our DPS should be the exact same with the other classes. The only difference is they can taunt, heal, guard, etc but we can't? that's fair...

No you shouldnt.

Please show me an DPS operative who heals in PvP - you cant as they wouild be ahybrid spec and gimped

Please show me a DPS jug who is guarding someone, you cant as they will be in DPS stance not tank stance.

Edited by Leathen

W T F !!!!!!

How many "I win" buttons do they have !

(yeah I just got steam rolled in a warzone that consisted of 4 marauders, which is starting to happen ALOT now)

From what I've seen, Marauders/Sentinels have three "I win, you lose" buttons.

They have the "Melt Your Face" button. The one that kills you in 3 hits because of bleed effects.

They have the "I am INVINCIBLE" button. The one that makes them take 0 - 3 damage per hit, similar to how Moment of Glory used to be in City of Heroes.

Then they have the "I'm a Cheap B***h" button that makes them disappear if they think they're going to die and their "I am INVINCIBLE" button hasn't finished cooldown yet.

No you shouldnt.

Please show me an operative who heals in PvP - you cant as they wouild be ahybrid spec and gimped

Please show me a DPS jug who is guarding someone, you cant as they will be in DPS stance not tank stance.

That's not true, the Vengeance Vigilance specs don't fully require you 2 be in those stances. And they can still taunt...

They have the "Melt Your Face" button. The one that kills you in 3 hits because of bleed effects.

They have the "I am INVINCIBLE" button. The one that makes them take 0 - 3 damage per hit, similar to how Moment of Glory used to be in City of Heroes.

Then they have the "I'm a Cheap B***h" button that makes them disappear if they think they're going to die and their "I am INVINCIBLE" button hasn't finished cooldown yet.

More crying, ROFL i LOVE this thread.

They can do more then us, taunt, guard, heal, etc. All we can do is DPS, shouldn't ours be more powerful and unique because of it?

I agree that you should put out the most dps in game. However, you should also be the squishiest. As it stands now, Senti's and mara's are the tanks of pvp. Best group everything and self. Yes OMG there are two taunts. wow, 6 seconds each. OMG so OP.

I would love to roll a senti but i dont want to take 6 months just to get the gear needed to play one

More crying, ROFL i LOVE this thread.

How was I crying? I answered the OP's question. I can't wait to see the Sentinels and Marauders come on here QQing when they get "balanced" out, though. That will be entertaining. :D

And for the record, I pwn Sentinels in PvP matches. lol L2P bad.

They can do more then us, taunt, guard, heal, etc. All we can do is DPS, shouldn't ours be more powerful and unique because of it?

I agree that you should put out the most dps in game. However, you should also be the squishiest. As it stands now, Senti's and mara's are the tanks of pvp. Best group everything and self. Yes OMG there are two taunts. wow, 6 seconds each. OMG so OP. Hell said i thought that was OP? what are you on?

I would love to roll a senti but i dont want to take 6 months just to get the gear needed to play one

Sentinels and Marauders are not the tanks of pvp, and we are squishy without our defensive cool downs, when those are down we're easier to kill. And believe it or not 6 seconds of -30% damage to everyone around you is a major support to the team.

Edited by PowerReaper

I agree that you should put out the most dps in game. However, you should also be the squishiest. As it stands now, Senti's and mara's are the tanks of pvp. Best group everything and self. Yes OMG there are two taunts. wow, 6 seconds each. OMG so OP.

We have to fight in the middle of the fire, some DPS don't have to go anywhere near it, others have other utility that we don't. Also, with all our defensive CD's we don't have a proper stun and we have to build up before our DPS can be done most of the time.

We have to fight in the middle of the fire, some DPS don't have to go anywhere near it, others have other utility that we don't. Also, with all our defensive CD's we don't have a proper stun and we have to build up before our DPS can be done most of the time.

I love how someone was comparing Deception Assassins to Marauders, roflcopter...

Wait that's all in one skill? WTH ... What have I been playing all this time? .... Right Combat Sentinel ... We don't get bleeds ... Err, correction, bleeds aren't that useful to us.

Wait that's all in one skill? WTH ... What have I been playing all this time? .... Right Combat Sentinel ... We don't get bleeds ... Err, correction, bleeds aren't that useful to us.

He obviously has no knowledge of Sentinels or Marauders and yet he tells us what is overpowered, FAIL

I love how someone was comparing Deception Assassins to Marauders, roflcopter...

Are you talking about me or the guy I was replying to? He said we should compare ourselves to them so yea =P I gave him the run down of what they have. I leveled a Jedi Shadow, was going to make him a Balance spec, but when I tried Infiltration I loved it.

Are you talking about me or the guy I was replying to? He said we should compare ourselves to them so yea =P I gave him the run down of what they have. I leveled a Jedi Shadow, was going to make him a Balance spec, but when I tried Infiltration I loved it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KgfNWB2uznU one whole game without defensive cool downs, i wanted to see what would happen and it was fun using none :)

Edited by PowerReaper

Quote: Originally Posted by Daiyukie

Lol the frontline warrior is the rogue now. Nice. I see all that force camo usage has you thinking you're the backstab class.

Yah, that comparision between a marauder and a rogue is a bit... out of place. He should probably compare the warrior class with the (huhm sith warriors, what an coincidence in naming even?).

Yes, because assassin's are the closest thing to a rogue in this game for sure! What with their light armor, lackluster dps, casting lightning and what have you. They have stealth so they must be closest class to compare a rogue to. I loved being the best tanking rogue on my server in wow. It could be operative though since they use guns and orbital strike like I remember doing in older mmo's on a rogue. They also have stealth... this is all so confusing. :confused:

Edit: I've made my mind up I think. If I had to compare any swtor class to a rogue it would be assassin because they have bleeding dot abilities like rogues! The name assassin sounds more like what a rogue is too. I feel smart now. :cool:

Edited by SithSamael

Quote: Originally Posted by Daiyukie

Lol the frontline warrior is the rogue now. Nice. I see all that force camo usage has you thinking you're the backstab class.

Yah, that comparision between a marauder and a rogue is a bit... out of place. He should probably compare the warrior class with the (huhm sith warriors, what an coincidence in naming even?).

Edit: I've made my mind up I think. If I had to compare any swtor class to a rogue it would be assassin because they have bleeding dot abilities like rogues! The name assassin sounds more like what a rogue is too. I feel smart now. :cool:

I believe the Operative is the closest thing to a Rogue. At least when they're spec'd into their middle tree they are. Permanent stealth capabilities. They have a move that can only be used from stealth. Some of their moves have higher than normal crit rate and some require them to be behind their target. Close combat abilities and bleeds. Medium armor. Is there anything that's missing from a general Rogue skill set?

I wouldn't call the Assassin/Shadow a Rogue because they don't ... have bleeds. At least their middle one doesn't. Balance has DoTs but it's shared with Sages and I don't believe Sages are supposed to be ... rogue-like. Their Kinetic Combat tree is tank so that's already out of the question. Infiltration has the most similarities with Rogues, but they're more of a ... Swordmage? Fighting with both melee and magic (In this case The Living Force - I 'm more for the Unifying Force myself =P)

Please stop asking for Nerfs People. it kills off subscribers.

^This. I don't wan't them to be nerfed either. Subs are already going down and I'd hate to see more people leave this game because their favorite toon got the nerf-bat. I would like to see some of the other classes (like commandos) get buffed to helps their survivability (offensive and/or defensive abilities)

^This. I don't wan't them to be nerfed either. Subs are already going down and I'd hate to see more people leave this game because their favorite toon got the nerf-bat. I would like to see some of the other classes (like commandos) get buffed to helps their survivability (offensive and/or defensive abilities)

Not really. If anything kills sub numbers it's one class dominating the game. Just ask Warhammer players :p Not saying that it was the only thing wrong in that game though.

I believe the Operative is the closest thing to a Rogue. At least when they're spec'd into their middle tree they are. Permanent stealth capabilities. They have a move that can only be used from stealth. Some of their moves have higher than normal crit rate and some require them to be behind their target. Close combat abilities and bleeds. Medium armor. Is there anything that's missing from a general Rogue skill set?

I wouldn't call the Assassin/Shadow a Rogue because they don't ... have bleeds. At least their middle one doesn't. Balance has DoTs but it's shared with Sages and I don't believe Sages are supposed to be ... rogue-like. Their Kinetic Combat tree is tank so that's already out of the question. Infiltration has the most similarities with Rogues, but they're more of a ... Swordmage? Fighting with both melee and magic (In this case The Living Force - I 'm more for the Unifying Force myself =P)

You may be right.. rogues do use guns, knives, range dps aoe and are best healers usually. All kidding aside they probably are technically because of the backstabs, stealth, poison and so on. Thing is they usually just heal now and I've never had any problems killing them or them killing me even before the nerf months and months ago. Never heard anyone say "*** this op just snuck up and killed me so fast I couldn't react quick enough." Maybe it's just having two lightsabers and being the melee dps only class why i feel like a rogue more on a marauder. I think we need even better defensive cd's such as full stealth and being able to vanish completely. Marauders are so under-powered compared to everyone else. I hope bioware fixes this before every mara/sent quits from frustration. I'm gonna make a QQ thread about us needing buffed a lot more. It's just not fair... :mad:

I've said it a couple times: Why can't every class be OP? If everyone can destroy everyone else if caught off-guard, and then that guy can spawn and blast that guy right back, it's fun for both.

Being nerfed is never fun for anyone except those who were already nerfed getting a vindictive kind of "Ha! Now you get to feel my misery, fool!"

I am not advocating a one-shot gibfest either, I just think it should be about matching cooldowns, not perfecting high-damage rotations. "If he goes for this move, I have this defense. If I don't have this defense ready, well ****, he's going to hurt, but I can then stab him for a similar amount because he dropped defenses to go for that attack."

MMOs need more of that kind of thing, imo.

Not really. If anything kills sub numbers it's one class dominating the game. Just ask Warhammer players :p Not saying that it was the only thing wrong in that game though.

Fair point. I know that finding the right balance is certainly not going to be easy. But right now, my commando medic feels like a chew toy. However, I wouldn't want Commandos to become dominant like pallies, because I will probably like it and then QQ when we eventually get the nerf-bat. I say keep maras/sents where they are but throw me a bone - anything. I like this game too much to quit if I don't get what I think this class needs - I will just reroll into another FOTM class.