Official Q&A Thread for July 20th Blog Post

Will classes be able to wear gear that there mirror class on the oppoiste faction has at some point? (Ex. Smugglers being able to wear the TD-07A Scorpion Jacket- requires Imperial Agent) Edited by JediHagen

• Replies 265
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I transferred one of my characters to the Prophecy of the Five server and now my ship is gone! I have space missions, the droid and am on a planet you can only get to via your ship...but no ship. Anyone else have this problem?

A question regarding character customisation:

There are (empty) custom belts and bracers in the game, but no armoring mods for them. Are there plans to make f.i. the endgame artifact belts/bracers modded so we can further customise our look?

I am an artifice and I have not seen any endgame artifice drops EVER and I have been playing since the Beta test weekends right before launch and have had a lvl 50 toon since early March.

What is he drop rate of hilt and enhancement schematics in flashpoints and operations?

Are the type of crafting drop random or set per boss? i.e. Does SOA always drop synthweaving or is it random?

If the drops are random, have you guys verified your algorithm or is it meant to be that rare?

Thanks for taking time to read my question and I hope can clear this up for me.

Edited by HoggyPoggy

What was your intention for who should be the best receipent for a tank's guard? I would think that the highest dps would be the best candidate but when I heal on some of the LFG flashpoints I find I often get healing aggro when there are multiple mobs spread around.

Many Sith Sorcs are unhappy with the way our survivability and arguably our damage is in pvp. Other classes have many counters to our few, the feel is we have to really time everything right compared to the other class rolling on us. Are there any plans on improving Sith Sorc pvp as far as damage/healing/survivability?

Any chance on revisiting the Digital Deluxe/Collector's edition items? The general consensus is that the items were a major letdown, and hardly worth the extra money we paid for them. The holo-dancer's cooldown should be lowered, and the Speeder should have 100 and 110% versions.

Were there design limits that lead to offering the character creation process as we have it now? And will it ever be updated to be comparable to most other MMOs, seeing as how the attachment to one's character has a lot to do with the time they want to spend playing the game... not to mention wanting to buy the game to begin with?

(For instance, an impressive character creation system is one of the first things that many people, including myself, look for in a new game.)

Last week, there were two very constructive and informative Q&A responses with relation to assassins and operatives, could this please be continued this week with relation to Marauders/Sentinels.

Is this popular class at the level envisaged ? as they are the topic of much frustration, in guild, when you encounter 4 or more in a warzone ... which is starting to happen quite frequently now.

Edited by Leathen

Are you planning on rereleasing tier 3 landspeeders with multi-passenger capabilities for other players and companions to appear with your toon, along with styles like current taxi body types that will be sold from venders within the next patch timeframe?

I have a question about the missions chain design. Each planet has a self contained story that has a beginning, middle, and end. It's great because it's very satisfying even at higher levels to go to planets and encounter new choices and stories.

However being a multiplayer game people are usually at different points along the chain for any given planet. So when people want to do missions together there's often a lot of back tracking. Was this a conscious design decision to encourage missions to be more single player focused? Some other things that seem to suggest a single player design, being unable to see opening planet class mission dialogue when in a group, many holocalls cannot be viewed in a group during class stories (unless strangely within a class phase?), and mission specific companion dialogue is only available when playing solo.

Has there been consideration for allowing players to go back to another players point in a mission chain and still earn mission rewards?

Great game looking forward to future developments.

Edited by ADGarner
typo

Will we ever see longer hairstyles in the game? Some of the hairstyles in the game is lacking in length and flow. You have moving robes and capes in SWTOR, would it not also work to make flowing long hair using the same tech as the clothes?

With Windows 8 only 3 months away (October), I have two questions: 1) Will SWTOR support Windows 8 at the new OS's launch? 2) Windows 8 is designed to take advantage of touch-screen PCs (desktops in addition to tablets). Will there be any UI options for touch devices in the pipe?

Thanks!

I am both quoting the above and repeating myself--I asked this same question myself last week, and I'm asking again in concert with my colleague above.

At the WPC (Worldwide Partner Conference) last week, Microsoft went on record as saying that Windows 8 will RTM in August, with wide availability by October. That's a few weeks away, gentlemen. What is the roadmap for Windows 8 support?

All classes have a lot of things to minimize theirs weakness, sage have the worst survivabilty i've ever seen on a MMO. This glass cannon thing do not work, cos' it's much more glass than cannon. You do not make that huge dps to justify be made of glass. Do you have plans to improve sage defenses? Edited by Benets

When I use the Twi'lek racial ability "parlor dance", about half the time I get a normal dance that is available to all (as a standard emote) instead of the unique racial dance. Are there any plants to fix this so that only the unique dance is used for this racial ability? Edited by Gwena

I'm not sure if this has been answered before and if it has I'd appreciate somebody pointing me in the direction of the answer, but after messing around with random gear on my sith warrior today, I put on a piece with alacrity on it and noticed that it affected force choke but it did not affect ravage. Is there a reason it doesn't affect it even though it has a cast/channel time?

Currently all the quests in the game are a bit grindy, such as kill x, collect y etc. (don't get me wrong the story is awesome). However will there be future plans to implement more "fun" quests where the players can interact with the models and designs that your team as gone into long lengths of work. Such as Chasing the enemy's on speeders and shooting them off, capture a walker and actually blow up enemy strongholds etc. This would make questing more enjoyable and do something like this for dailies so that players can do it more then once!