Most hated stalkers as scoundrel healer

Aerilas

Topic title says it.

Question for those who play a sawbones scoundrel, which imp is your most hated enemy to get targeted by?

Any reason is ok. Be it interrupts, damage, ability to follow you around, etc.

Mine is Juggernaut. DPS juggs hit me for 6k with an attack that has way too small a cooldown.

(don't know the attacks name, he smashes onto the ground which gives a "boom") I'm 4pieces war hero and yet it's the only class to target me I have difficulty with.

Assassins are easy to overheal with only a few interrupts and stuns, Snipers I simply LoS, no worries there..

Marauders for some reason never seem to do me much damage, i don't understand why so I'll keep the jury out on thatone.

Pyrotechs meh, no problem.

But juggernauts make me go crazy, their *********** leap interrupts your heal, can force choke, throw a saber when you're running away, and the damn booming attack that takes away more than 1/3rd of my hp.

Drives me nuts.

Games WITHOUT juggernauts i do 400k healing certainly every wz. But as soon as 1 or 2 juggernauts are in the game it goes down rapidly...

Who's yours?

Edited by Aerilas

Marauders and Pyrotechs. Honestly, almost everything that a Juggernaut can do to you a Marauder can do better - even the smash combo (which is a shared tree.) Marauders are much better at interrupting and locking you down (0m Force Charge!) and are just general pests - you'll be kiting one for a long time and surviving but being mostly neutralized.

Pyrotechs are the worst, though. One is bad, but get 2-3 of them on you and dying inside a single 4s stun is very common - even if Guarded.

My 'favourite' combo is when I'm being harassed by a Marauder and then either a Sniper opens up while I'm around 60% health or a Pyrotech grapples, stuns and bursts me. All three of those classes have very high burst.

While your single attack from a Jug Smash hurts, particularly if you are in bad gear, I can handle a 4-5k hit every 12s or whatever (if they can build the stacks that quickly.) The pressure of Marauders and the burst of Pyrotechs is infinitely worse once you get enough base health to soak up the smash (I sit around 19k.)

Pyrotechs are the worst, though. One is bad, but get 2-3 of them on you and dying inside a single 4s stun is very common - even if Guarded.

My 'favourite' combo is when I'm being harassed by a Marauder and then either a Sniper opens up while I'm around 60% health or a Pyrotech grapples, stuns and bursts me. All three of those classes have very high burst.

Ah I did mean if it was just 1. Not more :)

Marauders and Pyrotechs. Honestly, almost everything that a Juggernaut can do to you a Marauder can do better - even the smash combo (which is a shared tree.) Marauders are much better at interrupting and locking you down (0m Force Charge!) and are just general pests - you'll be kiting one for a long time and surviving but being mostly neutralized.

While your single attack from a Jug Smash hurts, particularly if you are in bad gear, I can handle a 4-5k hit every 12s or whatever (if they can build the stacks that quickly.) The pressure of Marauders and the burst of Pyrotechs is infinitely worse once you get enough base health to soak up the smash (I sit around 19k.)

Pyrotechs are annoying, but cleansing and are easy to peel. I have a bucket of trouble with juggernaughts, because of all their stuns. Mara's are cleanseable though they do hurt, they only have one cc, the rest is pretty easy to get away from them.

A sniper or commando I can't los and a Juggernaught are the worst.

Got problems only against Pyros as every scoundrel healer on my server have (and i'm playing with the 2 best ranked teams on our server), at least against good pyros since cleansing is useless because the moment you cleanse they flame burst again snaring you and since cleanse is on GCD they 80% will get the 4-5k rail shot (and im full augmented WH).

Mara/Juggs are easy. Why? Cover

First and foremost try to not stand in middle of nowhere but always close to an obstacle/column and go in cover to heal. Lol some juggs even used /s to tell me i was cheating since scoundrels aren't supposed to cover.

While you are not in cover they can't leap on you and if you see one running at you look at their buffs and search for their stance.

Jugg: Geen one hes a tank. annoying but no damage Purple one don't try to stun/cc him for 4 sec after he pushes and leaps to you since he's immune. Blue one (this one is the smash bomber tree shared with maras). Just try to kite him, his smash have a REALLY small hit zone and its easly avoidable if not rooted. If you are rooted use Dodge+Def screen; if you got hit once no problem since their smash CD is not so short as it seems and since you are a ahealer you should be standing near other people who can help you, just kite them. You can stun/snare them move like 20m away (or even better behind the pillar to LOS them) and get in cover and heal yourself while you watch them slowly coming back to you

Mara: Dot's speck is easly snarable /kitable. Just wait the moment you got 3 dot stack to cleanse and they will lose a lot of their burst. As soon as you get better gear you can survive a lot longer against them and even solo them by dotting and running around pillars while snaring

Pyrotech PT's are the only threat to me, everything else is kiteable.

Same.

I have no trouble kiting Marauders and it actually makes sense to cleanse their dots and the snare. Pyro PT's on the other hand, there's really no point cleansing seeing as they spam Flame Burst anyway.

Had a Novare Coast yesterday where one pyro must have had some vendetta against me, chasing me all over the place/round the bunkers and seeing as I mainly pug, I never get anybody peeling or lending a hand.

My Tendon Blast is always on cooldown.

Had a Novare Coast yesterday where one pyro must have had some vendetta against me, chasing me all over the place/round the bunkers and seeing as I mainly pug, I never get anybody peeling or lending a hand.

Same happened to me yesterday...

I honestly hate going up against Powertech's. And on my server there is this one Operative that loves to follow me around to stun lock and squish me :(

Jugg: Geen one hes a tank. annoying but no damage Purple one don't try to stun/cc him for 4 sec after he pushes and leaps to you since he's immune. Blue one (this one is the smash bomber tree shared with maras). Just try to kite him, his smash have a REALLY small hit zone and its easly avoidable if not rooted.

Just a side note: dps/tank hybrids (left/middle tree) or to some degree pure dps use the green (tank) stance aswell while having the benefits of the middle tree (Immunity) OR loaded,autocritting smash so the stances alone might not be explanatory enough. Also, I was under the impression that smash is a force ability, hence dogde would be wasted (http://www.torhead.com/ability/5K4KxC8/smash).

On my sawbones I would have the following list:

In PUGS:

1 -Sorcs/sages because of their annoying uncleansable dots which do hit hard if used properly. Friendly Sage never seem to bother to clean the dot of me:/

2 - PT/VG pyro because, well we all can relate;)

3 - Smash-oh-holics

4 - MM snipers (if dodge isnt up to bridge the time to get to the next LoS object)

5 - Concealment ops (really annyoing without peel)

In Rated:

1 - PT/VG

2 - PT/VG

3 - PT/VG

4 - Carnage/Comabt Maro/Sents - meh I'm rooted. Again?

5 - Juggs (all specs) - annyoing pushback, and there goes my guard.

PT/VG.

I recently rolled a VG to find their weaknesses, my alt is now lv50 4pc WH.

I have found no weaknesses, i melt Operative faces all day long. If there is a pole with not too big of a circumference, using tendon blast and kiting around it helps a little bit while cleansing the primary fire dot.

Frakking PTs. I hate them with passion. Gotta keep Triage on cooldown 24\7.

And yet you're still constantly burning somehow, despite cleanse after cleanse. It's not uncommon for me to cleanse and see the burning debuff icon just blink rather than vanish.

Edited by Daiyukie

Juggs also are the ones stalking me throughout the Wz's. Pyro's can be a pain too. But not as much as Juggs for me.

Lol... your name.... Just lol

Juggs are certainly a ***** though. After dueling a guildie Vanguard, I learned to kite properly and will have no trouble facing similarly-specced Pyros in the future =] Yay learning to play!

Just a side note: dps/tank hybrids (left/middle tree) or to some degree pure dps use the green (tank) stance aswell while having the benefits of the middle tree (Immunity) OR loaded,autocritting smash so the stances alone might not be explanatory enough. Also, I was under the impression that smash is a force ability, hence dogde would be wasted (http://www.torhead.com/ability/5K4KxC8/smash).

On my sawbones I would have the following list:

In PUGS:

1 -Sorcs/sages because of their annoying uncleansable dots which do hit hard if used properly. Friendly Sage never seem to bother to clean the dot of me:/

2 - PT/VG pyro because, well we all can relate;)

3 - Smash-oh-holics

4 - MM snipers (if dodge isnt up to bridge the time to get to the next LoS object)

5 - Concealment ops (really annyoing without peel)

In Rated:

1 - PT/VG

2 - PT/VG

3 - PT/VG

4 - Carnage/Comabt Maro/Sents - meh I'm rooted. Again?

5 - Juggs (all specs) - annyoing pushback, and there goes my guard.

Everything this guy said is 100% spot on. I would just switch his 1 and 2 around on the pug list though. Just like to add for sorc/sage dps, u can use dodge to cleanse there dots off you ... once lol

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.