The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

Poll: For or Against roots respecting resolve bar

Catharian

Poll is wasted, because you wont be getting the voice of all those ppl who bought the game, payed a subscription even, but have left the game. I have just a few days left myself. But maybe you think their voice doesnt count? If bioware wants us back... for the next expansion or content patch, planet or droid companion or whatever... then it counts to know what we think. So the 2/3 already counted against doesnt mean much. It means the people who like the game and stayed, like the game and stayed, and sometimes visit the pvp forum :)

• Replies 168
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Poll is wasted, because you wont be getting the voice of all those ppl who bought the game, payed a subscription even, but have left the game. I have just a few days left myself. But maybe you think their voice doesnt count? If bioware wants us back... for the next expansion or content patch, planet or droid companion or whatever... then it counts to know what we think. So the 2/3 already counted against doesnt mean much. It means the people who like the game and stayed, like the game and stayed, and sometimes visit the pvp forum :)

That doesn't mean that everyone left because roots aren't on resolve, that's just silly. :rolleyes:

None of what you said indicates that resolve is broken. If you are dying that often you should team with healers or if you are a healer, get tanks that know how to guard you. It is working fine as is.

If TTK < 10 seconds, then resolve is broken.

No I meant 2/3 of the thread doesnt mean anything. Just like I wrote.

You said 2/3 of the counts don't mean much, right? Why shouldn't they? Are their opinions not worth as much as yours, because they disagree? Whether they post on the forums or not does not change that fact. I'm not trying to be a jerk, but it looks like you are basically saying they are all wrong for being against it. Maybe I'm just misunderstanding your point.

For.

Resolve should affect that which causes some measurable loss of character control. Being unable to move certainly qualifies as a measurable loss of character control. Thus, resolve should affect roots of all kinds, including the root caused by gap-closing abilities, i.e. force leap, etc.

You said 2/3 of the counts don't mean much, right? Why shouldn't they?

I explained why in my first post, the one you misunderstood.

I'm not trying to be a jerk, but it looks like you are basically saying they are all wrong for being against it..

No I dont mean that, and thats not what I wrote. Its all there. I think you maybe want to misunderstand me.

Maybe I'm just misunderstanding your point.

I think you didnt even try to understand my point ;)

Ok I will clarify. I mean 2/3 of this thread doesnt mean anything, for those 2/3 might be 1/10 000, or much less, of the ppl who bought the box. So poll here is pointless. And could even be biased because ppl who like it, stay. So saying "look, its 2/3 against, /thread" like one person did, is no good. THAT was it. Not anything else that you tried to put on me. Edited by stickyaggro

perhaps i shouldn't be surprised that this thread got to 14 pages.......

but to reiterate my original statement. I'm NOT saying roots should generate resolve. I am saying that once your resolve bar is full, you would be unable to be rooted until the resolve bar empties.

Think about this honestly instead of all the doom and gloom postings about how it would "break" the game. in practice it would do 2 things...

1) would allow for someone who had his/her break available to actually move freely for about 10 sec every 2 min....if they waited to use it until their resolve was full

2) roots would become the new stuns (helping ranged out btw) because people would not want to fill opponents resolve bars

The time for a full resolve bar to empty is at most around 10 sec ( i think that's being very generous, it is probably less time than that tbh) Once the bar is empty, then you can be rooted again.

Making people think about using a stun vs a root given a particular situation is not a bad thing.

Ok I will clarify. I mean 2/3 of this thread doesnt mean anything, for those 2/3 might be 1/10 000, or much less, of the ppl who bought the box. So poll here is pointless. And could even be biased because ppl who like it, stay. So saying "look, its 2/3 against, /thread" like one person did, is no good. THAT was it. Not anything else that you tried to put on me.

Do you really think that an accurate poll requires 100% participation?

For. I made a thread on force leap a couple weeks ago and it got alot of response. Sick of dying with full resolve bars because of roots. It's a useless system if crowd control is still playing an effect. It takes away control from me in order to get out of aoe damage areas.

Already voted but I want to ask you pro guys (pro roots on resolve) something. Why can't you wrap your mind around the fact that your roots works through your enemy resolve as well? You do understand that when you say " I'm tired of dieing with full resolve because of roots" it comes across like an biased opinion not like an argument?

Game rules apply to everyone (or that should be the goal ;) ) so every single one of us can die in the flames with full resolve.

Learn to play (I'm not saying that in a condescending way) the game the way it's meant to be played. It's clear that being rooted while you have white resolved was taken into equation by the devs and passed the scrutiny.

Adapt and overcome. That's the word on the street :cool:.

For.

Resolve should affect that which causes some measurable loss of character control. Being unable to move certainly qualifies as a measurable loss of character control. Thus, resolve should affect roots of all kinds, including the root caused by gap-closing abilities, i.e. force leap, etc.

No, because it only affects your ability to move. Interupt does not typically affect your ability to move but it does stop you from using an ability - should that be on resolve to? Of course not.

Resolve on roots is utterly moronic.

perhaps i shouldn't be surprised that this thread got to 14 pages.......

but to reiterate my original statement. I'm NOT saying roots should generate resolve. I am saying that once your resolve bar is full, you would be unable to be rooted until the resolve bar empties.

Think about this honestly instead of all the doom and gloom postings about how it would "break" the game. in practice it would do 2 things...

1) would allow for someone who had his/her break available to actually move freely for about 10 sec every 2 min....if they waited to use it until their resolve was full

2) roots would become the new stuns (helping ranged out btw) because people would not want to fill opponents resolve bars

The time for a full resolve bar to empty is at most around 10 sec ( i think that's being very generous, it is probably less time than that tbh) Once the bar is empty, then you can be rooted again.

Making people think about using a stun vs a root given a particular situation is not a bad thing.

Lol just no. Stuns andcontrol are what some classes are all about, if you change this mechanic you would have to buff those classes dps considerably.

Edited by PloGreen

I think root should remain as is right now, often in huttball the ballcarrier is at full resolve before he even reaches the endzone, and there's no way to stop him other than dps which usually doesn't kill him in time, that's when root comes in handy and 99 out of 100 times nobody uses root on ballcarriers, and I'm often the only one that can do that with my assassin.

Against.

I think we should have a buff that immune us from root for 6-7 sec after we've been rooted (That involve we gotta increase roots time effect) . But i wouldn't like it to add resolve it's not fair because you can still use skills to fight or remove it yourself .

If they added Roots to the resolve bar I would be happy BUT roots are the main thing that shuts down Maruaders/Sentinels so I think they should stay the way they are. Even though roots are one of the most effective Sentinel counters most people don't use them anyway so...

• 1 year later...
I am saying only for roots to respect a full resolve bar, not generate resolve on their own or any changes like that.

You wouldn't feel that way if you were in a huttball match being chain rooted by three snipers on team speak. It's not fun at all.

Against.

Chain rooting a ball carrier is just about the only reason anyone would be so insane as to give up three smasher... I mean DPS spots on their ranked team to snipers.

Just pass the damn ball, roots don't keep you from doing that.

Roots don't keep ranged DPS from attacking, don't keep healers from healing, don't keep tanks from tanking, don't keep sins from phase walking, hell, they don't even keep melee classes from leaping to anyone with Obliterate.

Used it up already to overcome a sniper's only defense against you and it's on its tiny cooldown? Good boy! How about Knights/Warriors that are first characters on a paying account get a "Win Warzone" button as a reward for picking the right class so early in the game?

Edited by B-Dick