Now that recruit gear is free.

Raansu

The problem with recruit gear still exists, it is ugly and there is nothing a player can do to change it.

Trooper - why does the gear have rockets and a jet pack when that would more sense on a bounty hunter.Overall look D+

Smuggler - Knee high boots are ugly and the look is a cross between an Alderaanian noble and a bad looking cowboy. I actually refuse to wear this armor on my smuggler and therefore dod not PvP on him. Overall look D-

Knight - Again why the ugly knee high boots with the giant knee pads. I can live with this outfit because I can hide the helmet. I am not a big fan of the space samurai look. Overall look C

Consular - Do not get me started on this outfit. No shoes just cloth wrappings are dumb and not practical. The robes look tatered and make the player look homeless. The helmet is not bad, but why does the outfit come with a front facing fanny pack. Overall look F

Inquisitor - I thought the consulars had it bad, but this outfit takes the cake. Giant shoulder pads with lights, gloves with volcanoes and lights, the neck line with feathers, and the hat with feathers. It looks like a male peacock. Overall look F-

Having the mods be removeable or sell the mods separately or bundled together so players could place them in orange outfits.

The recruit gear has the design of the old champion gear, I think

You couldn't do anything against that as well. (Wasn't modable)

That's not the biggest problem of the recruit set, IMO

Edited by Never_Hesitate

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Ya there was two sorcerer's in a match I was in a little while ago with one wearing all rakata gear and the other wearing leveling gear with mixed greens/blue...I mean really? I think people are just taking the credit token instead of the gear. They need to remove the credit token imo.

Rakata>Recruit~=Cent Gear.

If you are already past Columi, its a waste of time and 320k credits (by either buying it or getting it for free (and losing cedits)).

Greens/Blues? Sure...

Maybe a lvl 50 gear min would suffice.... Haven't we been down this road before?

Rakata>Recruit~=Cent Gear.

If you are already past Columi, its a waste of time and 320k credits (by either buying it or getting it for free (and losing cedits)).

Greens/Blues? Sure...

Maybe a lvl 50 gear min would suffice.... Haven't we been down this road before?

Rakata is not better than recruit gear. When are you scrubs going to get it through your thick skull that you NEED expertise in pvp.

Edited by Raansu

Rakata is not better than recruit gear. When are you scrubs going to get it through your thick skull that you NEED expertise in pvp.

Explain mathematically how it it better or just show me a SS of an attack on the tootip rating with recruit and the same attack rating with Rakata, then I will believe you....

I already posted the math in another thread, but if you are wearing full Black Hole or full Campaign you are wearing gear that outperforms Recruit in PvP. You will be just as much of a drag on your team as any full Recruit player.

So no, you don't NEED expertise to get started in PvP if you have a full set of top end PvE gear. You do NEED expertise if you want to be competitive in PvP though so you should be swapping for BM regardless of what you are currently wearing as fast as possible.

I pvp'd in my PVE tanking gear (in PvE tanking spec) - until i had enough WZ comms to gather up 4/5 pvp armor for the set bonus, filled the rest with recruit gear and then swapped over to PT pyro dps.

guess what happened? i ended up getting less MVP votes, less objective points, and died a lot more (but i see why everyone QQs about PT Pyro now, damn people die fast, even with only half BM / half recruit gear).

when you're a pve spec'ed tank, rocking 27k+ HP, you are extremely good at sitting on a node and making sure no one can get it. taunts worked great since i could actually take a hit.

i tried it a few times with the recruit tanking gear, and it was HORRIBLE.

• i died MUCH faster (probably because the opposition can spot the recruit armor n00b from across the field)
  • healers stopped healing me (probably because they saw that I only had 13k HP)
  • I did $hitty dps (yes, i did a lot more in my full blackhole/campaign gear, than in recruit gear)

so, please, stop spreading a blanket statement that recruit > pve. it really depends on the role you're playing, and ultimately, if you actually know the role you're suppose to play.

Edited by oredith

There needs to be a requirement to have a minimum amount of expertise to even be allowed to queue for a level 50 warzone. If you want to take that 300k credit token then you just lost your chance to enter a warzone. There is no excuse to be going into a warzone with pve gear with recruit gear being free now.

While I agree... here's the problem. They paid for the game just as you did. Some people like to troll and ruin it for others, some are oblivious. If someone rolls a sorc and decides he wants to sit next to the ramp near the goal line and pull his team mates OUT of the goal before they score... well, that's a gameplay experience that HE PAID FOR. It's like those clowns in MW3 and BF3 that like to just get in your way and shoot in the air. Gaming is full of children and morons... that will never change.

Again, I completely agree and would love to see it... but not going to happen.

I already posted the math in another thread, but if you are wearing full Black Hole or full Campaign you are wearing gear that outperforms Recruit in PvP. You will be just as much of a drag on your team as any full Recruit player.

So no, you don't NEED expertise to get started in PvP if you have a full set of top end PvE gear. You do NEED expertise if you want to be competitive in PvP though so you should be swapping for BM regardless of what you are currently wearing as fast as possible.

Can I get a link? I want to see how your compares to mine...

Explain mathematically how it it better or just show me a SS of an attack on the tootip rating with recruit and the same attack rating with Rakata, then I will believe you....

You wearing rakata = me getting a free 6k hit on you. I instantly mark anyone wearing pve gear. You need expertise from recruit gear. Unless of course you like getting +24% additional damage done to you.

You wearing rakata = me getting a free 6k hit on you. I instantly mark anyone wearing pve gear. You need expertise from recruit gear. Unless of course you like getting +24% additional damage done to you.

6k crit is nothing on my 27k hp. that's only 23% off my HP

4k crit on my recruit tank gear's 14k hp, that's 29% off my HP.

recruit gear = me taking 4 big crits

pve gear = me taking 5 big crits

does it really matter? with recruit gear you get slaughtered just as fast might as well take the cash...

the fact of the matter is new 50s will have 1 solid week of being completely useless no matter what

does it really matter? with recruit gear you get slaughtered just as fast might as well take the cash...

the fact of the matter is new 50s will have 1 solid week of being completely useless no matter what

^ this.

anyone who sees someone wearing recruit gear knows they're easy pickings (13-14k HP, really?).

it's like running around with a big target on your head.

Edited by oredith

6k crit is nothing on my 27k hp. that's only 23% off my HP

4k crit on my recruit tank gear's 14k hp, that's 29% off my HP.

recruit gear = me taking 4 big crits

pve gear = me taking 5 big crits

pve gear = healer cries because he has to heal 150% of what he'd have to heal if you'd be wearing recruit. As soon as you need to be healed, pve gear becomes a burden for your team.

pve gear = healer cries because he has to heal 150% of what he'd have to heal if you'd be wearing recruit. As soon as you need to be healed, pve gear becomes a burden for your team.

as a solo-queue player, i don't expect to be healed, and generally, am NOT healed.

being in pve gear means i survive 1 more GCD, which has proven to be instrumental in being able to outlast a stun-train and pull the guy off capping the node. (this is also why i got considerably more MVP votes as a pve tank, than i have as a pvp pyro. i have saved the game much more times as a tank)

Edited by oredith

Why cant Bioware make a PVE PVP sone?

It's a sone where you can PVP in your PVE gear.

So you cant enter here in PVP gear. You have to use PVE gear and your skill of playing a class

instead of being forced to have a certain amount of expertise to even be usefull.

i'm sure you have to use skil in PVP too, its just frustrating that you NEED to have a certain amount of expertise before you stop being slaughtered...

Why cant Bioware make a PVE PVP sone?

It's a sone where you can PVP in your PVE gear.

So you cant enter here in PVP gear. You have to use PVE gear and your skill of playing a class

instead of being forced to have a certain amount of expertise to even be usefull.

i'm sure you have to use skil in PVP too, its just frustrating that you NEED to have a certain amount of expertise before you stop being slaughtered...

They are and should be leveled separately... PvE a lot and reap the rewards for PvE... and same goes with PvP. This is how it should be... I shouldn't expect a good pair of baseball cleats to help me with my basketball game.

So mitigation from recruit gear = what?

6k on HP of 19k+

or

5.1 K on 12K

:confused: oh boy.... here we go again....

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.