Male or Female?

ElevenBfour

One thing I love about the game is the flirting options, really fits into my toons. I'm around to making an IA, going to be a sniper. I was initially going female because I thought the voice was so sexy and the thought of a female sniper is just awesome. But, I've heard with some classes that females don't get to play around like the males do.

Before I got very far into my toon, will I miss alot of flirting/one-night-stands if I go female?

One thing I love about the game is the flirting options, really fits into my toons. I'm around to making an IA, going to be a sniper. I was initially going female because I thought the voice was so sexy and the thought of a female sniper is just awesome. But, I've heard with some classes that females don't get to play around like the males do.

Before I got very far into my toon, will I miss alot of flirting/one-night-stands if I go female?

Not putting any real details so no spoiler tags, but there is basic stuff so if u dont wanna know basic stuff don't read past this.

I've never played a male character, and probably never will. I can't get into a character of the opposite gender even though I'd like to see the romance options.

Here's how it goes. Female agent does have the best voice in the game :p It also does have a good amount of flirt and fade to black options, theres a great one that males cannot get very early on. That is the most notable. From what I understand Agent has one of the most class flirts for Female characters, I do hope updates add to these and for other classes. I was very disappointed with the amount for my Inquis.

What I know males get that females do not. 2 companion romance options and a 3rd one time flirt. Females get one companion romance but I like him alot so I say he's worth it.

Males can also romance a main plot character that is NOT a companion but only if your human (maybe cyborg) from what I understand.

Again, the females voice is so much better :D

I you are in it, simply for romance and flirtation, go male. But the female Voice actress is, imo. one of the best in te game along with Jennifer hale (Satele Shan/female trooper).

the male sounds like a smooth character. And yes, the main npc flirt is for humans only, or at least I think so, seeing what she is n all.

I picked female, because of the voice actress. As soon as I heard Jo Wyatt was gonna voice the female agent, I was sold. If it wasn't for her, I'd probably pick male, even if I did hate his voice at first, I dont anymore.

Edited by Fallerup

There was a thread that listed the flirt options each class/gender gets, here's for the female agent (not including actual companions):

Aristocra Saganu

Dheno Rey- Hutta

Phi-Ton- Voss

Jordel Tlan- Nar Shaddaa

Colonel Harok- Nar Shadda

And here is the male:

Samara Mindak- Dromund Kaas

Watcher Two- Dromund Kaas

Baroness Chay- Alderaan

Ki Sazen- Taris

Netulla Pahn- Nar Shaddaa

Yana-Ton- Voss

Darth Lachris- Balmorra

Lord Zavrasha- Nar Shadda

I didn't played the male IA, but as a female IA, you have one of the best voice acting of the game.

Also, you can seduce male to have informations/avoid problems.. Then, sleep with them or not, it's your call.

I used to seduce them, and then throw them away. It was funny.

Thanks for all the reply's. I'm still sitting here, days later, not being able to decide lol, pathetic I know. Choose a voice that just rocks, or a male that gets women.

Funny, when I type it out it seems to me that since i'm going to be listening to the voice more than flirting, makes sense for me to go with the voice.

Finally!!

There was a thread that listed the flirt options each class/gender gets, here's for the female agent (not including actual companions):

Aristocra Saganu

Dheno Rey- Hutta

Phi-Ton- Voss

Jordel Tlan- Nar Shaddaa

Colonel Harok- Nar Shadda

And here is the male:

Samara Mindak- Dromund Kaas

Watcher Two- Dromund Kaas

Baroness Chay- Alderaan

Ki Sazen- Taris

Netulla Pahn- Nar Shaddaa

Yana-Ton- Voss

Darth Lachris- Balmorra

Lord Zavrasha- Nar Shadda

A few notes to this:

For the ladies:

You can also flirt with Sanju (Balmorra) and Hunter (Nar Shadda) and get a few additional flirt options. (Just none of them go anywhere. Then again, Saganu ends with a kiss. Well, and something that sounds like a Chiss marriage proposal if you're Chiss, but not if you're something else.)

For the gentlemen:

Zavrasha and Lachris are available to all male players. You can also flirt with Thana Vash. (Unsure as to whether you can sleep with her. I screwed up if you can, anyway.)

You can also kiss Hunter and the Mia impersonator. And while you can hook up with Samara as a human male agent, you cannot as an alien male agent. (Also, it takes until the end of Act 1 to hook up with Watcher Two if you're an alien.) And there are a ton of "flirt" options scattered throughout the game. I do not believe that you actually sleep with Ki Sazen or Netulla Pahn, either. (Just flirt. Although my agent said that Ki Sazen looked like a 12 year old, so he may have been locked out of that option. Ooops. Still worth it.)

I personally preferred my male play-through, mostly in that the game felt like it was written for a male agent. (Not that it's bad for female agent, there were just a few weird, awkward moments where you knew something different was supposed to be happening, but it wasn't.) And the male agent voice acting is amazing. (I honestly prefer it to female, but that's something that everyone is going to feel differently about.)

It's not really that big a deal, though. If you greatly prefer one love interest or one gender, I'd go for that.

You can't sleep with Thana. It is hilarious to flirt with her though, because she is so angry.

I do not believe that you actually sleep with Ki Sazen or Netulla Pahn, either.(Just flirt. Although my agent said that Ki Sazen looked like a 12 year old, so he may have been locked out of that option. Ooops. Still worth it.)

Oh hell yes, you can. Here's the deal with them.

Ki Sazen - you have to choose the dark side option to make her go Sith. It's pretty hilarious, she actually tells you to "send your little friend away" (meaning Kaliyo). When you get back, Kaliyo says to you, "Just because she's a Jedi, doesn't mean you can't catch something. You know that right?" Saying she looks like a 12 year old has no effect on the outcome...just makes it a little weirder, I guess.....cradle robber!

Natula - You have to be really friendly with the first conversation dialogue you get, and you get flirt options opened up. Don't lie to her, don't even think about using the poison. The creepy thing is Watcher X tells you he was watching everything...he's like, "Seduction is a useful tool for you. Does that cause....friction with other operatives?" lol

Edited by chuixupu

You can't sleep with Thana. It is hilarious to flirt with her though, because she is so angry.

Yeah, her fury just encouraged my crazy agent. And it was such fun. It doesn't matter what you do, she only wants to kill you more. Oh well.

Oh hell yes, you can. Here's the deal with them.

Ki Sazen - you have to choose the dark side option to make her go Sith. It's pretty hilarious, she actually tells you to "send your little friend away" (meaning Kaliyo). When you get back, Kaliyo says to you, "Just because she's a Jedi, doesn't mean you can't catch something. You know that right?" Saying she looks like a 12 year old has no effect on the outcome...just makes it a little weirder, I guess.....cradle robber!

Interesting. I guess that this is what I get for being lightside. Oh well. I hadn't even realized it was an option. Then again, after saying she looked like she was 12, maybe I'm just as glad that the choice *wasn't* there...

Natula - You have to be really friendly with the first conversation dialogue you get, and you get flirt options opened up. Don't lie to her, don't even think about using the poison. The creepy thing is Watcher X tells you he was watching everything...he's like, "Seduction is a useful tool for you. Does that cause....friction with other operatives?" lol

Now I did that, and got the "we wandered off", but I'm still fairly unconvinced that anything happened other than that my agent took her ought, bought her a few drinks, and made her feel good about themselves. Despite Kaliyo's jokes about joining in, they claimed they were going to the Cantina...which probably isn't the best place to get busy. (Plus, my agent seemed to screw up a lot, so I sort of like the idea of him taking Natula out for drinks, flirting wildly with her, and her being like, "Nah, not interested. But thanks for the drinks and reminding me that I'm the hottest thing ever!")

Yeah, her fury just encouraged my crazy agent. And it was such fun. It doesn't matter what you do, she only wants to kill you more. Oh well.

Well, she kind of warmed up to me, I think....she even sent a letter afterwards that said something like "you really need to rise above that mediocrity" or something, lol.

Now I did that, and got the "we wandered off", but I'm still fairly unconvinced that anything happened other than that my agent took her ought, bought her a few drinks, and made her feel good about themselves. Despite Kaliyo's jokes about joining in, they claimed they were going to the Cantina...which probably isn't the best place to get busy. (Plus, my agent seemed to screw up a lot, so I sort of like the idea of him taking Natula out for drinks, flirting wildly with her, and her being like, "Nah, not interested. But thanks for the drinks and reminding me that I'm the hottest thing ever!")

Well, I guess you could look at it that way....if you're hung up on location, honestly I don't think MOST of the fade to black scenes that clearly ended up with sex were in any decent place for it. :D I figured we went somewhere AFTER the cantina anyway. But it was Watcher X's comments that made me think it was more than just a few drinks at the cantina.

Edited by chuixupu

So, I just finished Tatooine for the third time on an agent, and somehow I ended up with different dialogue options with Mia at the end. I was pretty sure I was doing everything pretty much the same as I did the last time I did it light side, but somehow at the end, I ended up with a [Flirt] option where I said "So that's it? I really thought we had something". I have the last time I did it frapped too, and I can't figure out what I did differently to get that. :/

Well, she kind of warmed up to me, I think....she even sent a letter afterwards that said something like "you really need to rise above that mediocrity" or something, lol.

Well, I guess you could look at it that way....if you're hung up on location, honestly I don't think MOST of the fade to black scenes that clearly ended up with sex were in any decent place for it. :D I figured we went somewhere AFTER the cantina anyway. But it was Watcher X's comments that made me think it was more than just a few drinks at the cantina.

Aw, I'm jealous. I think that Thana always hated me. Oh well.

Watcher X does comment, but I'm still convinced he was just mocking me. And with most of the rest of the fade to blacks, there's a kiss or they discuss going back to an apartment or something. With that one, it seemed really plausible that it was just drinks. Not that I begrudge people who think their agent got one more notch on his belt. But I personally like to think that mine tried and failed. In part as it's pretty hilarious.

I think they left that open intentionally for interpretation. You can believe a lot of different things happened, based on how you would play your character, and that makes it more fun. I don't know about other people, but I actually am always imagining extra scenes/dialogue that the game doesn't give me. :rolleyes:

I think they left that open intentionally for interpretation. You can believe a lot of different things happened, based on how you would play your character, and that makes it more fun. I don't know about other people, but I actually am always imagining extra scenes/dialogue that the game doesn't give me. :rolleyes:

Yeah, I like that about agent. So much seems to be how you deliberately choose to read the story. (Honestly, it and Planescape Torment are the only video games I've ever played that seem to acknowledge that telling a story in a video game is different than telling a story in a novel. I love them forever for that.)

I have a huge head canon for both of my agents (and SW, trooper, JC, JK, SM, etc.) that aren't given. (Although agent seems the most vivid.) My poor male agent has screwed up so much that I'm convinced that pretty much all women are all, "Get your fail genetic material away from me." Which is kind of hilarious as you can read most of his interactions with women that way...esp. if you play them "right".

Honestly, the only women who seem to like him are W2 - who I think hooked up with him in a moment of desperation and now hates herself for it - and Hunter, who is absolutely insane and I suspect at some level feels deeply uncool for crushing on my agent.

There's so much flexibility with the story. It's awesome.