July 10 Maintenance: 4 hours or 6 hours?

batbunneh

A little clarification, please. The official announcement says:

Hello everyone, we wanted to let you know that we will be performing scheduled maintenance for four hours on Tuesday, July 10th, 2012 from 2AM CST (12AM PST/3AM EST/8AM GMT/9AM CET) until 8AM CST (6AM PST/9AM EST/2PM GMT/3PM CET).

Now, using my power of basic maths, i have deduced the following:

8 - 2 = 6

6 =/= 4

Hence the need for clarification. This matters to people over here on the Asia Pacific side of things.

Could be mistake on their part. Maybe they posted the wrong times or the wrong amount of hours they will be down..according to their thread it will be 6 and not 4.

Thanks. I guess that means more downtime on prime time for the Asia Pacific people. Thaaaaaaaaaaaanks, BioWare. /sarcasm

Hello everyone, we wanted to let you know that we will be performing scheduled maintenance for four hours on Tuesday, July 10th, 2012 from 2AM CST (12AM PST/3AM EST/8AM GMT/9AM CET) until 8AM CST (6AM PST/9AM EST/2PM GMT/3PM CET). All game servers and SWTOR.com will be offline during this period. This maintenance is expected to take no more than six hours, but could be extended.

All game servers and SWTOR.com will be offline during this period. This maintenance is expected to take no more than six hours.

I think it was just a typo. They probably just use a template that they update, and just forgot to change the "four" to a "six". That is my guess any way.

I know they're never going to give us free game time, but how about some in-game credits for compensation/mollification? Even a minuscule amount like 15 grand a week for us players over here on the Asia Pacific side of things? A mini-pet? A letter addressing us to apologize for the inconvenience of trashing our prime time? SOMETHING? ANYTHING?

/endwhine