My level is a little behind the quest story line

Hey guys I am level 38 Jedi Consular and I am having a little trouble leveling fast enough to catch up with the level with my quest story line, I am afraid that i am falling behind levels, meaning I am level 38 and my new quest story line is mainly for level 41's, is this a bad thing to be behind??

Please give me a few tips of some sort to level up higher because i don't want to get bored in Hoth just from doing side quests.

Hey guys I am level 38 Jedi Consular and I am having a little trouble leveling fast enough to catch up with the level with my quest story line, I am afraid that i am falling behind levels, meaning I am level 38 and my new quest story line is mainly for level 41's, is this a bad thing to be behind??

Please give me a few tips of some sort to level up higher because i don't want to get bored in Hoth just from doing side quests.

Oh, yeah, I ran into this on my first character(Oddly also a Consular). I had skipped the Taris bonus series, and I never discovered the Nar Shaddaa bonus for level ~30 either, so I was a bit underleveled for Belsavis. I think theres also a bonus chain on Alderann for about level 40 as well. The bonus and sidequests are really there for the solo levelers, you kind of just need to tough it out and do everything you can if you dont want to group or PvP to 50.

...Or take a bit of a break and try to run a couple of instances or do the group quests on Hoth and Balmorra which it sounds like you skipped. After you get to Taris(or Balmorra for Imps) its usually worth trying to do the group quests because a lot of them will give you modable orange gear, usually most of a set per planet.

But as long as you can keep doing the content theres not really any problem with being under the level of a quest. Worst case you have to go back and do the sidequests you missed. If youre 4-5+ levels under the things youre fighting though, youll run into issues.

Make sure you are taking advantage of rested xp. If you are not logging out on your ship, or in a cantina start doing so every night. If you have a few days where you know you aren't going to be able to play make sure you do the above.. This will help you make up some of the ground. That and what the other posters stated.. Don't forget the bonus series.

I almost never log out on my ship or in a cantina so needless to say I almost never play with rested xp. In addition, I dont PVP EVER, I dont do space battles, and I have done exactly 3 FPs on all of my 8 chars combined. I am almost always around 2 lvls above the area I am questing in. How? I hit every single quest I can find and do all of the bonus quests. Simple as that. Quest quest quest!

M

You have sooo many options!

* Do many side quests

* Go back and do some bonus series

* Do more FPs

* PVP

* Do space missions

And as most people above have said, I think it is much more common that people feel slightly overleveled for their class quests.

But if you were hoping to do ONLY your class quest and ignore all other leveling options you need to rethink ;)

i feel your pain OP. i get tired of doing the side quests on the planet sometimes. and even more often i like to skirt around group of mobs after group of mobs in order to get through the content quicker

doing this will get you under level

space missions are easy, lfg tool has made it easier to do flashpoints quickly(if you can get quick queue pops), and pvp is fun if you like it.

i always revert back to warzones. id rather do 3-4 more warzones per level than force myself to do the space missions

Like most have said, taking all quests and logging out in ship/cantina is the key. Space missions give good XP too and there is always PVP. Most classes are fine if class quest and areas are 2 maybe 3 levels above you, more than that can get tricky.

If you are at that point find a nice populated area and just kill all the mobs in the area till you level. If the mobs are 2 levels apart it is quicker XP than running around trying to find quests you missed and backtracking.

I mostly had this issue on my operative as I was lazy and stealthed past tons of mobs.

I honestly don't know how people are under leveled for planets and class quests. I have two 50s on Empire and another almost 50 and I have hit 50 on Voss both times and will hit 50 again on Voss with the third guy. I have done exactly ZERO space missions, raids, flashpoints or pvp battlegrounds. My wife and I duo the content and we do almost all the heroic 4s by ourselves.

If you are having problem being under leveled make sure are doing what is already being suggested: log out in cantinas or a ship, make sure you do the bonus missions and try to do heroics and other group missions if you need them.

PVP and Space missions...also stop skipping quests :p try using the Group Finder to keep it fresh. Between PVP and Space Missions it keeps the leveling process fresh. My second 50 never set foot on Voss or Corellia. I was 50 a month before I burned through the remaining class quests one weekend.

If your not a PVP'er stil give 10-49 PVP a shot. Its a ton of fun and you get good XP and credits. Its the best PVP in the game in my opinion. The higher level players have more abilities and talent points but at level 10 you have crazy high stats to make up for it.

This isn't necessarily a bad thing. Some people simply do not like doing anything other then the main story. The game is intended and layed out to sort of force you into doing a certain number of things. One of these things is how they guide you through the different areas of a planet and generally assume that you will do some of the other quests offered there. That being said, please review below for the options of levelling before continuing your class story:

1. Grind. This is the easiest and oldest trick in the MMO book. Just go to an area with mobs that are around or a little above your level and kill until your heart desires. Try and obtain the experience bonus from a resting area before heading out. This can also become the most repetitive option of them all but will net you with lots of loot and credits in the end.

2. Space Combat. Go through all of your available space missions and complete each one at least once. Space is a great way to earn credits and experience. Remember to get any quests pertaining to the completion of space missions before starting.

3. Warzones/PVP. Warzones are the quickest thing to queue for if you are on a decently populated server. Keep the queue up while you are grinding or questing and it will make things go alot quicker. The majority of warzones take less then twenty minutes and will net you with valor, credits, commendations, and experience.

4. Flashpoints. Keep the queue going to enter flashpoints with the group finder tool. This sometimes can take longer then the warzones queue, but if you have both going you're bound to get into one or the other quick enough. There are two bad things with this option. At this time, you will not be sent back to wherever you entered the instance from once you complete it. A slight pain in the butt since you will then have to travel back to wherever you were. Also, it can be quite repetetive since your options for flashpoints are pretty limited to your current level until you reach level 50. This is a good way to earn experience, credits, commendations, loot, social points, and dark side or light side points.

5. Side quests. Last but not least would be side quests. By far the easiest thing to do while doing your class quest. The way the planets are layed out you are guided through each area easy enough. Try and pick up a few of the quests in each area as you're passing through. You will typically figure out how many you can do in each area without over levelling the content. If you are a completionist like me then you would be doing every single quest you come across anyways.

I hope this helps you out.

Many options have been discussed. By far the quickest is to do non-class quests approriate for your level. Grinding is easily the slowest since you can usually kill the same mobs for quests while also getting quest rewards (which include coin and gear and commendations). Anything requiring a group is iffy at best - can't always get one, players you group with randomly may be buttwipes or totally incompetent, afks may delay things greatly and xp per minute is all that matters for leveling. Group content is more for a change of pace or for gear than for leveling.

Many options have been discussed. By far the quickest is to do non-class quests approriate for your level. Grinding is easily the slowest since you can usually kill the same mobs for quests while also getting quest rewards (which include coin and gear and commendations). Anything requiring a group is iffy at best - can't always get one, players you group with randomly may be buttwipes or totally incompetent, afks may delay things greatly and xp per minute is all that matters for leveling. Group content is more for a change of pace or for gear than for leveling.

or do what i do...soloing a heroic 4 mission all kamikaze style...

funny thing,on my lvl 28 marauder,i had to fight two jedi bosses at once....class mission no less,they were each lvl 31....killed them both,how did i do it?welp,im crazy enough to solo heroics quite regularly,and the gear i had gotten allowed me to survive

(you try getting a group together for a heroic at the time im most active,which is usually the time of pre-dawn when there is very few people online)

At level-38, your options are these:

(Disclaimer: I've only played to this level on the Republic side, so I don't know what their Imperial counterparts are.)

- The Alderaan bonus series (level-40), which for Republic players starts at Castle Organa. Look for a certain NPC, made famous in the "Hope" CGI promotional video. The Balmorra Bonus Series also seems to go on and on and on, so if you haven't done all of them, you can still get decent XP from them, although at level-38 you're 3-4 levels above them.

- You've done Quesh, right? That planet's pretty brief, but it's designed for level-38 characters.

- You can also get into Hoth at level-38. Look for side quests in all the outposts.

- If you haven't done the Taral-5/Maelstrom Prison flashpoints, you really owe it to yourself to do them. Maelstrom Prison is one of the two features that really move this game into the realm of a true KOTOR sequel, and it's my favorite flashpoint in the game so far. Note that you have to do Taral-5 to unlock Maelstrom Prison. Either way, if you go in with an on-level group, a single Maelstrom run should net you at least half a level. You're a bit over level for T5 (it's level 32), but you're the ideal level for Maelstrom.

- Do some warzones.

- If you like railshooters, do some "Space Combat" missions. Lots of XP, and a good way to generate some in-game cash.