You Need To Reward Open World PvP - ASAP!

Darth_Eclipses

• Replies 451
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Let's recap:

No xp for open world kills.

No credits for open world kills.

No commendations for open world kills.

No valor xp for open world kills.

No unlockable titles for open world kills.

No listed amount of kills or assists for open world kills or any other form of recognition.

and yet you forget lets kill people for social control, dominance, THE PURE ENJOYMENT OF KILLING PEOPLE.

If they reward world pvp it is going to be a gank fest, most of the players will leave, Blizzard understood that Bioware does also, the gaming companys that do that this days are killing their game assap

No, it's not. And even so: it's a pvp server for crying out loud. It's clearly listed - with a server warning every single time you log in.

You CAN reward Open World PvP creatively. Even if it does inspire gank fests - those in turn will inspire true open world PvP, unlike now where it's not happening at all.

90% of the players are still lvl 30's, 90% are casuals, have a life and jobs dont powergrind just chill

You know I might be inclined to tell you just how condescending you are, or how wrong you are - but I dare you to look at some of the other pages in the PvP discussion and see just how many are clamoring for this type of content. It doesn't matter if you're 50 or 30 the way they've designed this game is build around the concept of uninspiring PvP.

Rewards for world pvp = gankfests, Premades in BGs = automatic win if against a pug

Wow doesn't really reward world pvp either, so you get 17 honor so what? Kill them a couple times and you get 0, find 3000 people to kill and you could afford to buy a piece of gear.

If you don't like it then go play WoW or just quit MMOs all together.

See first paragraph. In short: you're wrong.

Stop telling people who bring up legitimate criticisms to go back to WOW. Say it enough and it just might happen and you won't have anyone else to play with.

Let's recap:

No xp for open world kills.

No credits for open world kills.

No commendations for open world kills.

No valor xp for open world kills.

No unlockable titles for open world kills.

No listed amount of kills or assists for open world kills or any other form of recognition.

and yet you forget lets kill people for social control, dominance, THE PURE ENJOYMENT OF KILLING PEOPLE.

No, I kill them for the simple enjoyment of killing them - but does that mean that because I choose to PvP in Open World vs WZs, as I find them distasteful, THAT I SHOULD BE GIMPED VALOR, COMMENDATION, UNLOCKABLE TITLES AND PVP GEAR WISE BECAUSE THAT'S WHERE THE BEST REWARDS ARE COMING FROM? MAYBE I JUST WANT TO BE REWARDED THE SAME - LIKE GEORG SUPPOSEDLY SAID IN HIS QUOTE!

See, I can type in all caps too. Difference is, I actually have a point.

Edited by Darth_Eclipses

Hm, trys to post this as a thread but think moderators think thats not good idea or just some bugs.

My little point of view:

Open-PVP for now is pointless. YesteRday i kill some republic guys on different planets (some of them a few times). Its fun first 100-500 times but whats after?

I just do not want to kill republic forces for nothing, and so think all my guildmates. Even on Ilum i i see no reason to kill them.

So i think you need to make a fame system like some other MMOs.

Make fame counter, KvD counter, global leader boards and common pvp stats(and ability to show and hide this statistics from others).

Make, lets say 10 pvp rank, and no ability to hide it.

So lets say i am rank 4 (Destroyer, slayer or whatever). To get rank 5 i need to kill 20 rank 4 players or 10 rank 5 or 5 rank 6(for example). No fame if i kill rank 1,2,3 and 7,8,9,10 (also +-2 ranks is ok too i think)

Some rules, like:

if enemy below 50% hp - no fame or greatly decreased fame but moch more fame if some one atacked me when my hp below 50% and i killed him.

Decreased fame if atacked on mobs

Decreased fame for group kill.

No or decreased fame for recently killed targets. (some mark on killed player)

Also /pvpstat :

Kills: 10000

deaths: 5000

KvD: 2

and maybe: infamous kills: 10 (lets say 10 dark side points for each)

Solo kills: 9850

Assists: 75

Killing blows: 75

Also:

A little valor.

Some money bodydrop: 100-1000 will be enough i think, just a little but enough to want to loot.

Open-PVP Commendations and unique items sets with unique visual (mb different for each rank(but then some like "firbidden for pvp-rank 5 or above"))

Maybe:

Some titles and bonuses for 1000, 5000 etc kills (a joke: darth vader item set for 1 000 000 kills and title: Pure evil)

Special pvp skills at rank 5 and rank 10 or so.

There are many ways to implement this system, and more nuances to make it good, but i know thousands of people who will play this game forever with this system implemented.

What every MMO's developers fear of:

Evil pvp players will kill innocent levelingup players:

Yes, we will. But Open-PVP self-regulating this. How?

Guild: Hey guys some lvl 50 group killed me on quest right now 2 times.

Guild: Where?

Guild: Planet and place description...

Guild: Wohoo, lets go there guys there's a few victims for our pvp party 8)

Some one will cry, be sure and even on forums like: "omg omg omg they killed me 100500 times, remove pvp from this game". But on 50 level he will do the same.

And btw: A war going across the galaxy and there is no innocents.

All these things are way too complicated, i bet BW, doesnt want to complicate things, the simpliest and most efficient thing they can do , is to put New tokens drop from enemy players on Open PvP, you use these tokens to buy things, let it be items, let it be abilities, do w/e u want BW, JUST MAKE PLAYERS DROP sthing, or simply follow mythic's best reward system, called Realm Ranks, and Realm points,

Before like 6 months i was reading an article BW put, that they are using Mythic's team to create the most favorite part of Warhammer gamers, and that was BGs,

Heh that was absolutely BS, people in WAR, preferred Open PvP, it was just not as fast to grind RR as fast it was in "warzones" so a pure poll would give that people went to "warzones" more than open pvp. While at the same time, players in all forums, were crying to fix these problems, so players can do more Open pvp. obviously both bioware, and mythic, lack a community manager, that actually has a team of 50 people, that constantly read forums,

fanbased forums, their own forums etc, and give the info the community manager needs, so he KNOWS, what players really want.

My other concern is that the only game that i have ever seen "warping" is daoc and warhammer, and now we see it in swtor, sthing tells me that swtor gfx engine, is actually an upgrade from daoc, and daoc had a huge amount of problems considering, net transfers, and cpu usage. meaning that if i am true, we can easily forget this game and move forward to sthing new.

Very! Very! Disapointed in you BW!

I picked a PVP server because I wanted to open PVP and then que for fun with guildies. Whats the point of having a PvP server? No xp for killing other players? No Merc or Comms for killing other players? What is the point of having PVP servers?

I don't kill people just to say "I killed you! whoot!". You have totally discourged my guild from even doing open world PVP, I just ride past other players and wave! This isnt a PVP server this is a "happy let's get along because there is not point in killing each other outside of Arena Servers"? If I wanted to soley play arena football I would of gone back to WOW! Just saying.

I totally support rewards for open PVP other wise just take all the PVP servers down and put us all on a PVE servers because there is not point! You had said in beta you get Merc Comms for killing others in open world PVP and I think I do remember getting them in Beta.

And "YES YOU WOULD OF THOUGHT THEY WOULD OF LISTENED TO THE FORMER MYTHIC EMPLOYEES ABOUT OPEN WORLD PVP AND REWARDS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! COME ON ALREADY!!!"

/signed

Not the type of open pvp wow tried...pvp objectives around quest areas, I don't want to fight people questing. I just want fights to have the random and unpredictable element that world pvp has (ala daoc). For people to be able to group, zerg, solo, duo with friends in the same zone(s), rather than a set 8v8 match in an arena. The Warzones in this game are (a bit) of a step up from previous MMO attempts at Goldfish pvp, but it's still not what all of us want.

Perhaps just a purpose for groups to roam around a zone and kill each other, perhaps give some sort of reward and stat system for beating others :)

I play Warzones a lot, but only because it's my only option, I'm sure there are lots of others doing the same, it's the easy/lazy option as OWPvP is dead :(

Edited by Soazak

I wish there was some sort of Open world PvP system. I wish that quest zones simply overlapped more so that you would see more of the enemy to be honest. I am 38 and have only seen 3 republic players out and about questing and I am on a "full" server.

What is the point of a PvP server if there is no actual PvP going on outside of the WZ??

Hang on a minute. There's OPVP on PVP Servers? I haven't seen any Republic Players so far out of Warzones. Being able to OPVP would be a start!

(Yeah. Yeah. I know about Tatooine but locking OPVP away to that alone.... I don't count Ilum it's a designated zone with set goals and not OPVP as such).

I haven't got to the point where i can do open world PvP.. but, that is one of the main reasons i wanted to play this game. From what i have been hearing, because of the balance of republic vs. empire and no incentive to PvP that there is very little and this will be HUGELY disappointing to me.

Plain and simple, for me and my brother, decent open world PvP is a must for us to continue our subscriptions.

Man all that stuff u said can be exploited who's to say u have your friend roll a toon on other side meet u somewhere u and u just keep killing him for xp points and medals and so on if they did that would ruin the game.

If you gain something for killing an opponent in WPvP then vice versa you will lose something from dying. Your "freind" will not let you farm him. And obviously the higher ranks the more you gain/lose.

Silly rabbit, use your brain

I wish there was some sort of Open world PvP system. I wish that quest zones simply overlapped more so that you would see more of the enemy to be honest. I am 38 and have only seen 3 republic players out and about questing and I am on a "full" server.

What is the point of a PvP server if there is no actual PvP going on outside of the WZ??

I know alot of stuff is compared to aion but here goes.

I 100% agreed to more overlapped zones.

in aion when a faction captures a fortress. that when they can do certain instances and quests. which would lead to more faction pvp battles, more battles = more invovled guilds = more pvp = more everything. imo

Open world pvp is pretty terrible because of companions. Some classes are stuck with garbage ones till the late 30s, others get a healer first.

Then you have to consider that some classes will get more from having a pocket healer pet than others.

Generally tank and melee dps companions are worthless versus anything that doesnt stand there and wail on them.

The main problem I see is the attitude of post WOW MMO pvpers. They won't pvp unless there is a reward to be gained for it.

IMO WOW's pvp was best pre BG's and arenas. People used to group together to raid zones just for the hell of it. The fight WAS the reward. Once they introduced the instanced pvp they killed world pvp because all people did was camp in the cities and queue up for instances all day.

That being said I agree with the OP. The only way to get the instance campers out in the open world is to reward them.

I agree... its one of the most disappointing moments of this game so far.

I've been looking forward to world PVP and I finally ran into a Republic player last night and killed him. You should of seen the look at my face.... I was like ***? That's it? Where's my reward?

I agree PvP needs a lot of work. Ultima Online had a great setup. It allowed cities and towns to be protected while venturing out in the wilderness allowed the PvP. This type of setup would work great in TOR. There slso needs to be a reward for doing so. If something like this isn't implemented I will gone after I finish the storyline.

battle arenas or warzones as its called in swtor, had been always the enemy of the (real)pvp ... sorry but this zerging in arenas is no pvp for me.

ppl need rewards for pvp, its so pathetic.

i need the thrill of pvp server, i would love if there would be a FFA PvP Server.

i dont need rewards, i only want the power to decide who is going down and eat dust.

I want a FFA PvP Server without warzones.

I dont care if sith or republic have overlapping zones, on FFA i can beat down the people that I dont like.

but i also know that this will never become possible in the world of hellokitty-swtor

after i am finished with the storylines and there is still no pvp content i will be gone for the next mmo, hopefully by then there will be some good ffa pvp game out.

I agree somewhat, but to be honest I always world pvped in WoW just to do it... I didn't need an incentive. I just loved battling back and forth as more and more waves of players came in to the fray. BGs is what killed open world, not lack of rewards.

If you truly love to pvp then you'll do it regardless, you don't need rewards. You can get those doing other things.

They should be giving valor per kill however, that just doesn't make sense, we should also be able to loot credits from our victims. A healthy amount too so at least there is a cost for losing :).

I agree... its one of the most disappointing moments of this game so far.

I've been looking forward to world PVP and I finally ran into a Republic player last night and killed him. You should of seen the look at my face.... I was like ***? That's it? Where's my reward?

And there is the problem with today's MMOers............. sad really.

I would be happy with 10 commendations for a kill at your level, minus 2 for every level below and plus 2 for every level above maxxed at 20 commendations. You can halve that and I will still be happier than I am now.

I love open pvp but no one is doing it because there is no reward. I would do it all day at any level if I got even 1xp or credit for every 10 damage done and 20 taken.