All servers down?

bionamaster

• Replies 323
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

They did post in game... 15 minute warning, then 10, then 5, 4, 3, 2, 1... flashes red across the center of your screen. Too busy responding to the trolls on the fleet?

i did not see any warnings on the Pub fleet for Fatman. But we were talking about the lag in general, then someone said game will go down at 30 after. which was confirmed from their twitter and facebook by others on the fleet

Dear Bioware,

An in-game announcement would have been nice. Not everyone thinks to check the dev tracker thread before logging in and periodically during game-play. Another thing that would have been nice...an estimate on downtime. Great, you're restarting the servers. How long does that take? ...just as long as maintenance downtime? Less? More?

Aside from the bugs that players tolerate because this is an otherwise great game, lack of communication is the biggest challenge to SW:TOR's well being. You have a dedicated fan-base that is obviously very willing to work with you when issues arise if you let them know what's going on. The only thing people hate more than inconveniences are surprise inconveniences.

Thank you.

A few minutes of downtime gets a much more interesting reaction than several hours of enjoyable uptime.

Funny thing about the human brain: we have about two and a half times the level of emotional response from negative things than we do from positive things. So we automatically feel worse when bad things happen even if the good things technically outweigh the bad ones.

Also, those hours of enjoyable uptime were expected smooth sailing; these minutes of downtime has been an unexpected interruption to said smooth sailing. This creates a negative reaction if you're not completely insane.

Ya, you'll be saying the same thing on GW2, then your next MMO, then your next MMO, then your next.....

Having played GW2 in beta I can tell you that GW2 will be further along than SWTOR was at launch. I can also tell you by the amount of fixes between betas the GW2 dev team knows what they are doing.

Fixes take forever in this game and many times issues still arise. I don't know what it is about this game, I assume its the game engine, but it seems like fixing anything is an uphill battle. There are still so many stupid bugs in this game its just sad.

Funny thing about the human brain: we have about two and a half times the level of emotional response from negative things than we do from positive things. So we automatically feel worse when bad things happen even if the good things technically outweigh the bad ones.

Also, those hours of enjoyable uptime were expected smooth sailing; these minutes of downtime has been an unexpected interruption to said smooth sailing. This creates a negative reaction if you're not completely insane.

I am fine with it. Must be completely insane.

That's exactly it! Do you read "You Are Not so Smart" and Freakonomics? This aspect of human nature is a common reference point.

Booted mid elite fight.

Will be fun to see what death penalties i get now... :rak_01:

I am lucky that I was just trying to click into my ship when the servers crashed ... I actually thought that i lagged out at first ... lol

Edited by Shallowshock

I thought it was all part of the new event.

Temporal storms are sweeping the galaxy causing time to slow down. Imperial and Republic forces must band together to battle the dread Serverus Maximus Overloadus, before all time comes to a halt causing an implosion that will destroy all existence.

And we lost.