• Replies 323
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Emergency restart. Sometimes you don't get a warning! :rolleyes:

+1

Plus people from The Shadowlands and the other US server that crashed have been roaming the forums for the last hour. lol Watching people complain about lag when we couldnt even experience the lag.

Probably, storms/heat wave causing havoc on the data centers. Sometimes you can avoid this and you just have to go outside (weather permitting) and breathe fresh air.

I honestly didn't see it. Maybe there is a system message option someplace I don't have turned on?

And your not the only one who didn't see it because it wasn't given across all servers.

Which will come as a shock to some of the fanboys on here who haven't yet realized there is life beyond their little bubbles. Cause you know if it didn't happen in their little bubbles then it didn't happen.

I honestly didn't see it. Maybe there is a system message option someplace I don't have turned on?

I didn't see it either, and I was online for the entire hour leading up to the time when the server went down.

Seemed more like a crash, but if it's scheduled, I feel better knowing that.

I just got a notice that my posts being upset about the poor CS related to the server restarts were "inappropriate" and "not constructive", so let me try and be constructive. Take the manpower it takes to police these forums like you do, locking down and/or deleting any negative posts within minutes and put that effort into better customer service. Thank you and have a nice day.
Here have a cookie and reeeelaaax :cool:

What gets me is they post that they are restarting the servers less than 15 minutes before they do it.

I didn't see any in game notice that the servers were going down.

And the post it in a yellow sticky titled "Lag issues" instead of "Hey we are restarting the servers in less than 15 minutes!"

During their next "Scheduled Maintenance" I think they should resolve the issue of constant server maintenance's. At some point it would be nice to play the game.

Keep it to at a maximum of once a week guys. This every other day crap is starting to really irk me. I only have 90 days on my sub so I would like to get the bang for my buck. I play at night more often than not, so when I get to my computer and I want to start a game only realizing that a "Scheduled Maintenance" is about to occur 30 minutes after I log in and it's gonna be going on all night, well...it's at that point I think to myself: "Is Bioware gonna compensate me for all the time they've robbed from my subscription?" and then I realize that no they wont, and people will defend them for it.

I get that you have to fix problems. And I get that you have to improve the game to bring in more people and keep the ones you have...but larger fixes in a consolidated manner please. Some of us don't plan on playing this game forever.

So if we try to log back in and see all the servers offline, will we see them come back up in real time from the server select screen or just have to wait till they start coming online and try a mad dash at that point?

Come on, I leave for ~15 mins for the sake of ice cream and I come back, ice cream finished, but no TOR? I hate you Biwoare! Now I has no TOR and no ice cream! What am I supposed to do now?!

Really though, I imagine they're having some kind of difficulties and the servers will come back online soon. They've been out for what, half an hour? Server restarts don't take that long for TOR, from what I can tell, should be back soon.

Assuming they won't have to push out a hotfix or something, anyway.

This posted on Twitter 2hr ago...

The server 'Shadowlands' is currently unavailable. We are aware and looking into the issue. We'll let you know when it's back online.

Then they twitted this 38 min ago...

We will be performing a restart on all ‪#SWTOR‬ servers starting at approximately 3:30 PM CDT. More info: http://bit.ly/N7VqKv

They did post in game... 15 minute warning, then 10, then 5, 4, 3, 2, 1... flashes red across the center of your screen. Too busy responding to the trolls on the fleet?

I've seen the warnings plenty of times before, but didn't see it at all this time. *shrug*