Get rid of stuns in PvP

airocky

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Way to take a simple idea and go too far with it. If i'm in pvp i want to fight not just move out on to the warzone and then wait to respawn over and over. The other things you added are fine. No need to change them. If stuns aren't taken out at least reduce there effectiveness.

Have you heard of resolve?

Actually they should remove tier gear; If you are a good player you dont need it.

really they should

think about it

Teir gear is basically awarded to the better players or the players that PVP all day/everyday (since losing gives you points as well)

So your best players now get a extra advantage because of the teired gear they got.

Just what PVP needs, more IWIN concepts.

I couldnt beleive the difference between a full set battlemaster and my purple modded gear with level 50-51 purple mods, armor, enhancements.

IT WAS HUGE

And Im betting the War Hero gear just expands on that seperation.

So now not only do those with skill (or time to practise) have a natural advantage

Now the advantage is doubled and then quadruptalled via gear.

Its bad design! Plain and simple!

Said it before and say it again, gear should remain the soul content of PVE and crafters

ANY PVP rewards should be like DAoC relic rewards that benefit all, not individuals

PVP always has been about EGO and Reputation and skill.

Least till now.

TOR PVP is more about PVE content then much of the PVE game is it seems.

I know Ill just do it till im equiped and my selected companions in battlemaster gear as well

After that, if its not open world PVP, I will not be entering!

And as I said before, they need to add immunity timers regarding all CC to avoid the chain stunning abuse.

Chain stunning a player takes no skill no matter what anyone claims.

Its a simply I Win button at the detriment of other players.

While im sure some players get their panties in a knot when they die (saw a group of a guild do so today and quit a WZ when their seperate little attack didnt work as they wanted. They died and immediately quit warzone. Those types will always find fault in everything as thats just how they are). I do beleive most players dont mind dieing to a better player in pvp.

I never have, its actually how I got better back in NWN on AOL. I learned from the ARKs and before you knew it I was around the top of the pvp ladder.

Losing to skill is one thing

Losing because someone pressed a single button over and over.

Thats not skill and there is absolutely nothing to learn from it.

They need to remove the chain stunning. Single target, single stun has a place (though for life of me dont get why every class needs some. Stuns imo should be the sole property (as a defensive ability) of healing speced Sages and Sorcs, to buy them required time and space.

Warriors and Knights have leap so no reason they need stuns as they already can close distance in a blink

Troopers and BHs are more back up healers and combined dps support (or pure DPS support from range). So they dont need stuns as they attack from range.

Assassins and Shadows (and agents and smugglers) have stealth so thats their special ability to create the perfect setting for their combat skills.

Sorcs and Sages really the only class that requires a stun/cc ability and ovo would be much different and overly enjoyable if stuns and cc were limited to those 2 class specs.

From the other Stun QQ thread:

I don't think it's a question of "understanding" the resolve system or that it is "broken". The problem is it's so hard to understand and counter-intuitive sometimes it really gets annoying. Nerdy computer geek type players (please smell your seat) like most Pubs seem to understand it way more than the imperials do.

Why not just simplify it so that we don't need a damn guide to figure out how it works?

Bar fills up when stunned. Bar drains when not stunned. Bar filled up, cannot be stunned. Bar drains faster after filled up.

Simple enough?

The highlighted areas are also a little contradictory, don't you think?

Not every class has a hard stun (stun during which you can keep dealing damage).

FALSE|

Knight - Force Stasis

Trooper - Cryo

Consular - Force Stun

Smuggler - Dirty Kick

Warrior - Force Choke

Agent - Debilitate

Hunter - Electro dart

Inquisitor - Electrocute

(Shared between advanced classes)

Check your facts before spewing crap.

FALSE|

Knight - Force Stasis

Trooper - Cryo

Consular - Force Stun

Smuggler - Dirty Kick

Warrior - Force Choke

Agent - Debilitate

Hunter - Electro dart

Inquisitor - Electrocute

Talk to your local Mara/Sent about their hard stun

Every man and his dog mara / sentinal complaining about their hard stun can go shove it. Your hard stun yes requires you to channel it for 3 seconds but it does at least do some damage over the course of the stun, functions as an extra emergency interrupt like everyone elses stun and BUILDS YOUR RESOURCES FOCUS OR RAGE, no other class has a stun that can build their resource bar.

Plus as carnage you get 3 different roots for god sake you do you even need a hard stun to begin with is what people should be asking.

unless you're an immortal juggernaut force choke isn't much of a stun. You can still use it to stop people from getting to the guy capping and such, but all it does is delay combat, it doesn't give you the opportunity to bash on your target while they're incapacitated.

FALSE|

Knight - Force Stasis

Check how Force Stasis works. I can't run away, I can't use other abilities, I can't even pop a medpac without breaking it. It's a self-stun as much as it's a proper one. I'm not saying it's not useful but it's not on a par with Force Stun/Electrocute or Dirty Kick/Debilitate. It's not a hard stun because if I do ANYTHING else for the duration it breaks immediately.

Bad response. It is a HARD CC. It doesn't matter whether you have to channel it, it's still a HARD stun.

Well, from a certain aspect it is a VERY hard CC: it takes TWO people out of the fight at the same time.

Also, the caster is vulnerable to interrupts, knockbacks, stuns - hard stuns stun the target and even if the stunner dies in the next second, the target remains incapacitated. That is a hard stun.

Check how Force Stasis works. I can't run away, I can't use other abilities, I can't even pop a medpac without breaking it. It's a self-stun as much as it's a proper one. I'm not saying it's not useful but it's not on a par with Force Stun/Electrocute or Dirty Kick/Debilitate. It's not a hard stun because if I do ANYTHING else for the duration it breaks immediately.

So long as you don't break it it is a hard stun. If you need to say run away just use your slow (that has no CD) and stealth away.. profit. You can still use it to stun someone for someone else to beat him up, you can use it to prevent interrupts on caps/turrets and you can use it to burn people in the fire pits in huttball.

And yes. I have a Marauder 50 with whom I pvp a LOT. And I don't really need the stun apart from times mentioned above + second interrupt (or interrupt on MS/Ravage) just due to the fact that you have a perma slow anyway so no one can get away from you. If you need it for defense youre either a very bad sentinel/mara or its situations where a stun wouldnt save you anyway.

Edited by Tholrien

So long as you don't break it it is a hard stun. If you need to say run away just use your slow (that has no CD) and stealth away.. profit. You can still use it to stun someone for someone else to beat him up, you can use it to prevent interrupts on caps/turrets and you can use it to burn people in the fire pits in huttball.

And yes. I have a Marauder 50 with whom I pvp a LOT. And I don't really need the stun apart from times mentioned above + second interrupt (or interrupt on MS/Ravage)

Stealth away? I looked over my quickbar and abilities tab and everything but I can't find it. Help me please.

I use one lightsaber only, I don't know if that's important?

Stealth away? I looked over my quickbar and abilities tab and everything but I can't find it. Help me please.

I use one lightsaber only, I don't know if that's important?

Not sure if trolling or..

In any case - Force camouflage - Black/yellow icon

Not sure if trolling or..

In any case - Force camouflage - Black/yellow icon

Trolling, of course. The single lightsaber thing should have been a hint: I'm not a Sentinel. Another AC also exists though people tend to forget about it when discussing Jedi Knights on these boards. Unless they complain about Force Sweep, the one trick of a one-trick pony.

No, because the resolve has always been broken. The majority already know this. It's not a QQ thing. It's a well known fact. And yes, you can be hit with more than 2, even 3 or more back to back stuns. Will it ever be fixed? I've stopped waiting. I don't play these stunzones to win anymore anyway. I'm just in it for the comms and for the fun of it. The chain stuns is just something a lot of us have to deal with. It's frustrating, but like I said, I just get my comms and move on.

This is just so wrong it hurts. I'm a concealment operative. If i use hidden strike (1.5 secs stun), you get ~1 1/2 bars of resolve. If I immediately hit you with debilitate (4 secs stun), you are now full resolve, white bar. If i use flash bang on someone with no resolve, it gives them over 3 bars full instantly, and it breaks on damage. The ONLY way I can get 3 stuns off on one person is to greatly draw out the fight, and basically do HS, go through my rotations until their resolve drops down below 1/2 of one bar, then debilitate, then after all my dots have worn off (assuming I'm the only person fighting them), flashbang. If another person was there with a hard stun they could use it then, and yes, you would have 3 stuns, but back to back? No way. It would have to be very drawn out, resolve ticks down slowly.

I freak out and NERD rage every time I get stunned... but I LOVE stunning other people :D. I think the solution is for me (and only me) to have a buff that allows me to avoid being stunned. Then another concurrent buff to remove the cool down on all of my stuns. Yeah. That's the solution :D

Wait so you want to remove stuns from pvp?

NERF OPERATIVES!!!!

This is exactly the solution that NEEDS to be introduced here. Make this a priority and the game is golden after that. Subs will go up, servers will be full.........and we'll all be one nerf closer to the end of those stunlocking, sub killing bastards ruining SWTOR!

Edited by WickedImage

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.