Just How Powerful Gear Really Is...

coerCez

This just in... fully augmented and optimized War Hero gear is better than Battlemaster and recruit gear. You heard it here first.

I wouldn't belittle it. The gap that augments create between the other gear is just ridiculous. It completely locks new players out.

They are being all dead brained because they merged the servers and people are queueing again. If they keep adding walls, then the queues will go to **** again and they'll have to merge... again. The price of battlemaster probably needs to be dropped by about half. Recruit gear is about as useless now as tionese gear as far as pvp goes.

I come very close to twoshotting battlemaster people if they have no augments. That should be unacceptable.

Edited by timidobserver

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

If you compare different sets, please also use

Augments for Recruit and for Battlemaster. Augments are available to everybody so

this shouldn´t be a problem. For Recruit it´s not worth, but for Battlemaster it is.

ok, i'm going to weigh in on this subject a little. the gear grind is there and it's not going anywhere. but you do have a rather quick option to gearing out. i'm currently using this option with my two alt 50's.

step 1: max out RWZ coms and WZ coms between 10-50. then at 50 buy WH main hand weapon. if you are mara/merc or sent/gunslinger be sure to pull the BM mods out and put in orange offhand. this way you have WH main-hand and BM off-hand.

step 2: get recruit gear and suffer for a week or less until you are full BM

step 3: augment your full BM gearset.

step 4: remod your BM gearset with WH mods and enhancements that give power/surge or crit/surge. this is done by either getting boots or gloves depending on your class. these pieces are the cheapest at 2000 rwz coms.

step 5: replace your BM with WH ear, implants, belt, bracers. then augment them.

in the end you will have BM gear with WH mods and enhancements. this means the difference between your gear and a fully remodded WH set will be 15 endurance and 15 main stat. that difference is very slight and will not make a difference at all in battle. and you will be able to obtain this set a lot faster then grinding the whole WH set.

hopefully this helps some people.

Edited by crustie

The gap between non-augmented BM and WH isn't that significant but non-augmented BM vs WH augmented is pretty huge, if you don't have the time or plan on farming for WH gear then augment up the BM gear until you do obtain some WH pieces. That's what I'm doing on a couple of my toons due to the amount of time I spend playing.