Carnage mara spec.

Sharpiie

You shouldn't need Narrowed Hatred (3% hit buff). The tree has lots of additional + accuracy, and BM/War hero gear is swimming in it, shouldn't be an issue. I do 5/34/2, but I literally get every talent in Carnage EXCEPT for Narrowed Hatred for pvp, b/c it isn't needed. If your accuracy sucks, by all means get it. If you get over 100% though, that's all you need.

You shouldn't need Narrowed Hatred (3% hit buff). The tree has lots of additional + accuracy, and BM/War hero gear is swimming in it, shouldn't be an issue. I do 5/34/2, but I literally get every talent in Carnage EXCEPT for Narrowed Hatred for pvp, b/c it isn't needed. If your accuracy sucks, by all means get it. If you get over 100% though, that's all you need.

You do need it once you start ripping accuracy mods and replacing with power surge mods. If you power stack every possible WH item in your inventory and take Narrowed Hatred, you still end up with 99.5% accuracy.

Edited by Jagil

You do need it once you start ripping accuracy mods and replacing with power surge mods. If you power stack every possible WH item in your inventory and take Narrowed Hatred, you still end up with 99.5% accuracy.

For Carnage though, you want to be hitting 105% minimum. The reason for it is because you'd be absolutely SHOCKED at how much DPS we lose in offhand strikes. Not to mention that it's always frustrating to see someone defend half the ataru strikes when you Berserk-Massacre spam.

For Carnage though, you want to be hitting 105% minimum. The reason for it is because you'd be absolutely SHOCKED at how much DPS we lose in offhand strikes. Not to mention that it's always frustrating to see someone defend half the ataru strikes when you Berserk-Massacre spam.

^^ So true - and you should have ~5 accuracy augments once you're in WH gear (you lose a LOT of accuracy switching from BM gear over to WH gear). Ataru form (on its own) should have more than 3% accuracy bonus, IMO (maybe give us some extra accuracy to it in addition to the passive movement speed bonus from defensive forms talent).

Power/crit/surge stacking (after remodding WH gear) certainly puts force scream's gore-procced crit damage values in the mid-to-high 4k's and will certainly get you 5k+ damage from the 3rd tick of a gore-proced ravage, but gore-procced ravage will get interrupted 99% of the time against any decent team.

You wouldn't want to completely stack power items or your crit chance would go right down as well. I'm personally working on a more balanced loadout which still requires Narrowed Hatred to achieve its stats.

Replacing the following slots with adept enhancements or deft mods...

chest enh and mod

gloves mod

legs enh

boots mod

both sabers mod

It'll end up with around 30% crit, 75% crit dam, 103% accuracy, 150pts more bonus damage over straight WH which is significant when coefficients are applied.

It depends on whether you're talking pve or pvp. For pvp, those points in narrowed hatred are much better off in stagger.

I agree. You can get all the acc you need from your gear and still stack other stats, also can get 1% acc from having a companion at max affection.

• 3 weeks later...

Hey, a marauder here. I'm just wondering, what kind of stats are people running with?

Atm, I'm running with

34.08 crit chance

100.34 accuracy

77.95 surge

with exotech stim

I have 1066 damage pri

579 bonus damage

I might replace the crit + surge mods with a few accuracy + crit mods. Do you guys think I should?

Do you guys honestly think -3 second cd on a focus builder is a good use of points? I never find myself short on resources, and feel those points are better used elsewhere.

I never understood the point of taking it either. I never have a problem with activating Predation within fights, especially in PVP

To increase Force Critical Chance.

Marauders don't have only force scream as force attacks and also sometimes you have to use it when blood frenzy is not rolling.

What, besides force scream and part of rupture's damage, is a force attack that you'd use regularly as carnage? And no, you don't ever HAVE to use force scream when it is not going to be an auto crit.

Edited by Drator