Who was really the chosen one.....

At the end of it all, I do not believe it was Anakin Skywalker. He might have redeemed at the end and perhaps Luke did try to restore the Jedii order but ultimately it all seemed for not. If we are to concede canon after ROTJ, we ultimately see that everything falls apart and goes to **** anyway. The Empire comes back and the Jedi become hunted once more.

If anything Darth Raven strikes me as more the chosen one. He was both Jedi and Sith and pretty much became immortal and from what I have seen is capable of using both jedi and Sith skills, force healing and force lighting.

In my mind a person "who brings balance to the force" would be one that pretty much abolishes both the Sith and Jedi Order and create a society of balanced force users capable of using any of the powers.

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

At the end of it all, I do not believe it was Anakin Skywalker. He might have redeemed at the end and perhaps Luke did try to restore the Jedii order but ultimately it all seemed for not. If we are to concede canon after ROTJ, we ultimately see that everything falls apart and goes to **** anyway. The Empire comes back and the Jedi become hunted once more.

If anything Darth Raven strikes me as more the chosen one. He was both Jedi and Sith and pretty much became immortal and from what I have seen is capable of using both jedi and Sith skills, force healing and force lighting.

In my mind a person "who brings balance to the force" would be one that pretty much abolishes both the Sith and Jedi Order and create a society of balanced force users capable of using any of the powers.

The way I see it, Anakin (Vader) is still the chosen one, as it is him that kills the emperor, which also kills himself.

However, that is if you see that moment as when the force is brought into balance. From a math perspective, the force is brought into balance at the end of the revenger of the sith. After all the Jedi have been hunted other than Obi Wan and Yoda, there are 2 sith and 2 Jedi, which to me is balanced. After all, the force is unblanaced if the majority of its users are light sided, isn't it?

The way I see it, Anakin (Vader) is still the chosen one, as it is him that kills the emperor, which also kills himself.

However, that is if you see that moment as when the force is brought into balance. From a math perspective, the force is brought into balance at the end of the revenger of the sith. After all the Jedi have been hunted other than Obi Wan and Yoda, there are 2 sith and 2 Jedi, which to me is balanced. After all, the force is unblanaced if the majority of its users are light sided, isn't it?

No, balance is just the lightside. The darkside is a corrupted force, whoever came up with that balance thing that is 2 sith and 2 jedi anyway??

Edited by Wolfninjajedi

Lucas has said Anakin was the prophesied Chosen One, hard to argue with the creator,owner and Canon God of the IP.

I can't see Revan being the Chosen One at all, while he may have been redeemed and saved the galaxy at one point; his "immortality" is derived from

The Emperor keeping him alive to torture and feed off of and it's pretty clear after being freed from his prison and the events of the Foundry that Revan has fallen to the dark side again or is hovering awfully close to falling.

No, balance is just the lightside. The darkside is a corrupted force, whoever came up with that balance thing that is 2 sith and 2 jedi anyway??

Who came up with this? Probably Sith fanboys...

I agree that the prophecy is about the one who will end the Sith and other Dark Side religions, maybe the Dark Side itself. (Maybe he will redeem the Sith Order to the light side instead of destroying it.)

According to Lucas this happened at the end of RotJ. But the EU is different with Darth Kryt's One Sith and Darth Caedus and stuff. So I'd say in the EU, Anakin wasn't the Chosen One, neither was Revan. The Chosen One has yet to come.

Who came up with this? Probably Sith fanboys...

I agree that the prophecy is about the one who will end the Sith and other Dark Side religions, maybe the Dark Side itself. (Maybe he will redeem the Sith Order to the light side instead of destroying it.)

According to Lucas this happened at the end of RotJ. But the EU is different with Darth Kryt's One Sith and Darth Caedus and stuff. So I'd say in the EU, Anakin wasn't the Chosen One, neither was Revan. The Chosen One has yet to come.

Ya but post ROTJ stuff, all of those guys weren't true sith they were just self proclaimed sith who started their own thing and what not. I know Krayt wasn't recognized as a true sith, Caedus not entirely sure can't remember. The real sith was the Bane line, that all ended so it was the destruction of the true sith which is what the prophecy was about, and seeing as the darkside will always be around cause of bad guys, theres always gonna be those guys who claim a title when they are unworthy of it.

Edited by Wolfninjajedi

Ya but post ROTJ stuff, all of those guys weren't true sith they were just self proclaimed sith who started their own thing and what not. I know Krayt wasn't recognized as a true sith, Caedus not entirely sure can't remember.

More to the point, post RoTJ doesn't "exist" to Lucas or his version of the SW Universe. His version of the universe ends with RoTJ, so Anakin did achieve bringing balance by killing Sidious and then dying as far as Lucas is concerned.

More to the point, post RoTJ doesn't "exist" to Lucas or his version of the SW Universe. His version of the universe ends with RoTJ, so Anakin did achieve bringing balance by killing Sidious and then dying as far as Lucas is concerned.

Yes but even so, the EU needs to conform to what Lucas says so wherever this whole balance thing that there needs to be 2 jedi and 2 sith came from just seems wrong, and makes no sense whatsoever.

Edited by Wolfninjajedi

Yes but even so, the EU needs to conform to what Lucas says so wherever this whole balance thing that there needs to be 2 jedi and 2 sith came from just seems wrong, and makes no sense whatsoever.

I think the whole you need equal parts light and dark came about because of some of the things GL said about balance and the Force. The Force is Light, but people think that the Force has both Light and Dark Side because Jedi and Sith talk about the Dark Side of the Force. SO if we look at this logic more closely, we can create an experiment.

So we have a balancing scale to represent the Force, the two sides are meant to represent Light and Dark. If we put the Jedi on one side and the Sith on the other, we can see that the Jedi(Light) outweighs the Sith(Dark). However, people make the mistake of saying the Force is Light and Dark, so this experiment is false due to canon facts.

I think the whole you need equal parts light and dark came about because of some of the things GL said about balance and the Force. The Force is Light, but people think that the Force has both Light and Dark Side because Jedi and Sith talk about the Dark Side of the Force. SO if we look at this logic more closely, we can create an experiment.

So we have a balancing scale to represent the Force, the two sides are meant to represent Light and Dark. If we put the Jedi on one side and the Sith on the other, we can see that the Jedi(Light) outweighs the Sith(Dark). However, people make the mistake of saying the Force is Light and Dark, so this experiment is false due to canon facts.

So really, someone got misinterpreted or wrong information then told a bunch of people and now a lot of people believe that balance is 2 jedi and 2 sith? Ok that makes sense.

Edited by Wolfninjajedi

It is Anakin because G-Canon says so. However, its not as if the world ceased to go on after the events of RoTJ. The prophecy was read, interpreted and happened. The balance was brought the force by Anakin destroying Sideous (who incidentally was the most powerful Sith lord of all time *also G-Canon*) and releasing the galaxy from the control of the Sith.

The EU is fine because the world went on. People that knew and studied the Force continued in the same way they always had. Some wanted to serve the light. And still other greedy persons sought after personal power and glory.

And so the world turns and the Force continues to be, well...The Force.

It is Anakin because G-Canon says so. However, its not as if the world ceased to go on after the events of RoTJ. The prophecy was read, interpreted and happened. The balance was brought the force by Anakin destroying Sideous (who incidentally was the most powerful Sith lord of all time *also G-Canon*) and releasing the galaxy from the control of the Sith.

The EU is fine because the world went on. People that knew and studied the Force continued in the same way they always had. Some wanted to serve the light. And still other greedy persons sought after personal power and glory.

And so the world turns and the Force continues to be, well...The Force.

This is correct and incorrect. In Luca's universe the galaxies and all the characters did cease to exist. The story was over and nothing more will be told unless GL comes out of retirement and makes some more movies.

The EU expands on the SW IP but its considered taking place in a parallel or different universe than Lucas' and the movies.

That's why you have conflicts in canon and lore like Boba Fett being dead in the movies but alive in the books or Maul coming back with robo legs.

This is correct and incorrect. In Luca's universe the galaxies and all the characters did cease to exist. The story was over and nothing more will be told unless GL comes out of retirement and makes some more movies.

The EU expands on the SW IP but its considered taking place in a parallel or different universe than Lucas' and the movies.

That's why you have conflicts in canon and lore like Boba Fett being dead in the movies but alive in the books or Maul coming back with robo legs.

No the EU takes place in the same universe, there is nothing contradicting both of their survivals no matter how unrealistic they maybe. (Moreso Boba, Maul is....meh alright since there was that one guy who survived with just a head plus a number of others who survived just from their rage alone.) By all accounts, Boba really should be dead and should have stayed dead but then the fans of Boba complained or some writer thought

"Well hey, there is that rule if you don't see a body the guy isn't dead!" then wrote a story involving how Boba escaped.

Edited by Wolfninjajedi

No the EU takes place in the same universe, there is nothing contradicting both of their survivals no matter how unrealistic they maybe. (Moreso Boba, Maul is....meh alright since there was that one guy who survived with just a head plus a number of others who survived just from their rage alone.) By all accounts, Boba really should be dead and should have stayed dead but then the fans of Boba complained or some writer thought

"Well hey, there is that rule if you don't see a body the guy isn't dead!" then wrote a story involving how Boba escaped.

I could be wrong but I'm pretty sure Lucas has said that the EU takes place in a separate universe than "his" aka the movies one. He sat down with Chee established that fact and canon and its levels came from that. I'll have to dig around for the quotes.

In reference to the EU:

"That's a different world than my world. But I do try to keep it consistent. The way I do it now is they have a Star Wars Encyclopedia. So if I come up with a name or something else, I look it up and see if it has already been used. When I said [other people] could make their own Star Wars stories, we decided that, like Star Trek, we would have two universes: My universe and then this other one. They try to make their universe as consistent with mine as possible, but obviously they get enthusiastic and want to go off in other directions". - George Lucas, from an interview in Starlog #337

In reference to "his"universe ending with RoTJ:

"I get asked all the time, 'What happens after Return of the Jedi?,' and there really is no answer for that. The movies were the story of Anakin Skywalker and Luke Skywalker, and when Luke saves the galaxy and redeems his father, that's where that story ends."-2007 interview with George Lucas

Edited by Temeluchus

I could be wrong but I'm pretty sure Lucas has said that the EU takes place in a separate universe than "his" aka the movies one. He sat down with Chee established that fact and canon and it levels came from that. I'll have to dig around for the quotes.

In reference to the EU:

"That's a different world than my world. But I do try to keep it consistent. The way I do it now is they have a Star Wars Encyclopedia. So if I come up with a name or something else, I look it up and see if it has already been used. When I said [other people] could make their own Star Wars stories, we decided that, like Star Trek, we would have two universes: My universe and then this other one. They try to make their universe as consistent with mine as possible, but obviously they get enthusiastic and want to go off in other directions". - George Lucas, from an interview in Starlog #337

Its the same universe, otherwise why would they need to conform to Lucas's world? If its just a different universe, the authors could do whatever they hell they wanted. Its never stated that there are two different universes entirely, in fact that quote could be taken out of context if you look at it because the other universe could really just mean "what the authors decided to make, and expand on Lucas's world" it doesn't necessarily mean its an entirely different universe.

Edited by Wolfninjajedi

Its the same universe, otherwise why would they need to conform to Lucas's world? If its just a different universe, the authors could do whatever they hell they wanted. Its never stated that there are two different universes entirely, in fact that quote could be taken out of context if you look at it because the other universe could really just mean "what the authors decided to make, and expand on Lucas's world" it doesn't necessarily mean its an entirely different universe.

I really have no idea, it gets a bit confusing at times. You have the quotes I posted then other Lucas quotes in which he says Sidious dies over Endor and does not come back as clones in "his universe" for example but then you have EU stuff being retconned to allow for changes that Lucas has made or to mesh with his script notes etc like Darth Ruin and a 4th Great Schism.

Honestly, I think it's just an out for Lucas to ignore levels of canon and lore in the EU. At most, I think he just looks for name conflicts when writing and as far as he is concerned only the movies and The Clone Wars cartoon matter to him and apply to "his" universe.

Don't be absurd. Jolee Bindo was the Chosen One.

He used both sides of the force at will without any alteration to his personality, whereas Revan merely alternated between being fully Sith and fully Jedi. Jolee found the correct path to using both sides of the force, but sadly no one really listened to what he had to teach, not even Revan.

I always thought it was strange how anakin was prophesized to restore balance to the force by destroying the sith. That would do the opposite to balancing it. I like to think that the prophecy was correct but in a different way and by that I mean there were hardly any sith yet there were heaps of jedi, what if the prophecy meant that Anakin was meant to join the dark side so the sith would gain a bit more power thus evening everything out.

Except then sidious used Anakin to wipe out all jedi so basically what I am trying to say is that the force is a dick.

For example the force shows padme dying, if it didn't show that than anakin wouldn't have accidentally killed padme, order 66 wouldn't have happened and everything would be dandy. Palapatine might still try to convert anakin but it woud have more likely failed, than anakin would have told the jedi council, windu or yoda would kill sidious and that would be that. Yay

Edited by Malrus

its quite simple. if you take the films and only the films, then vader is the chosen one. its his story, we are told all through the films he is the chosen one. and GL tells us he is. and if you ignore EU and the story ends at ROTJ the vader being the chosen one makes sense.

if you take in EU then chosen one kinda becomes blurry, but as GL never ment for the EU to take the direction of the way it did, then there is no wonder that the EU distorts his vision of vader being the chosen one. and in my opinion luke is muc more of a chosen one in the EU.

but for the orginal vision of starwars vader was the chosen one