Operatives stunlock (8sec.) + turret cap

Unicodes

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I always wondered why there's no CD on zap. Feels kinda wrong that operatives that fail on the first try get a free second. Something like a 30 sec CD would be fair imo

We would still have flashbang.. so we still get a second shot..

Sure pal, too bad that reality disproves you. Never had it happen to me :)

Never had it happen to you, versus reality is entirely two very different things.. Reality >>> your experience, since your experience doesn't encompass all of reality..

It happens, it happens alot, it's just it never happened to you.. Consider yourself one of the lucky ones.

We would still have flashbang.. so we still get a second shot..

No considering the defender has 1 cc breaker you need both, no?

Edited to say my expertise on the subject comes from this video mainly, dude is really good at it :-)

Edited by sanchito

Edited to say my expertise on the subject comes from this video mainly, dude is really good at it :-)

Even with a 30 second or 60 second cooldown on tranq, and 60 second cooldown on flashbang, I still get two attempts in the time it takes your CC breaker to come off cooldown..

Forgot to add.. the limit is your disappearing act, not your mez.. That's a long cooldown..

Edited by Draqsko

First off people keep saying that guarding turret by yourself should never be done. They are dead wrong. Stand away from the turret so that it takes a second or 2 of running to it to start capping when defending solo. If you get sleep darted they have to walk to the turret, that gives you the few seconds you need to attack them and stop cap. (NO THEY CAN'T FLASH BANG YOU WITHOUT STOPPING THE CAP, silliest thing I ever heard). Don't be the fool standing right next to the cap giving them time to sleep dart and get to other side of turret breaking your LOS and making it impossible to spam an attack button while you are darted.

Also, please stop complaining about operatives. Other classes can do it too.

This exact same thread pops up every 2 weeks or so, great majority answers with L2P every time. I couldn't agree more. Plz L2P. Thanks.

ye here is that BULL****

Stun break-> force cloak-> blackout -> mez you instead. LOL

Though usually I'm in stealth already, and will hit blackout if I see you wisp by. Then it's on.

Edited by RGMetal

They can say all they want, but they will only nerf classes that are least played. It's absolutely crazy what tanks do in this game.

rofl. the sorc nerf of update 1.2 says hi. as well as the alllll those sorcs and sages

First off people keep saying that guarding turret by yourself should never be done. They are dead wrong. Stand away from the turret so that it takes a second or 2 of running to it to start capping when defending solo. If you get sleep darted they have to walk to the turret, that gives you the few seconds you need to attack them and stop cap. (NO THEY CAN'T FLASH BANG YOU WITHOUT STOPPING THE CAP, silliest thing I ever heard). Don't be the fool standing right next to the cap giving them time to sleep dart and get to other side of turret breaking your LOS and making it impossible to spam an attack button while you are darted.

Also, please stop complaining about operatives. Other classes can do it too.

This exact same thread pops up every 2 weeks or so, great majority answers with L2P every time. I couldn't agree more. Plz L2P. Thanks.

quoted for the truth, you only need 1 person defending your single node if your team is behind

I'm sorry for my honesty but it's a L2P issue, he stuns you for 8 secs before he caps you have around 3 secs to prevent the cap and do not even need to break the stun.

Still having a spammable 1 min (pve) 8 sec (pvp) cc is a bit cheap and the ability should have a 30 sec-1 min cd.

They need to be in stealth in order to cast it ( atleast ops) so it aint spamable when he can only do it once per fight or twice with vanish.

Perfect examples of what not to do when you are guarding.

Edited by HelinCarnate

Not sure if anyones mentioned it yet, only read the first few pages of replies...

OP get a clue, the stun is only 4 seconds (for me as a smuggler its Dirty Kick) Operatives is Diblitate... its simple DONT use your CC breaker on the stun (Dirty kick has a sparkly sound and you double over, Dibiliate well your giggling like a spastic and you have a giant knife out your chest) there easy to recognise.

Waiting 4 seconds for it to break gives you 4 seconds to interrupt a cap. If he then Flash bangs you, you now have your CC breaker to use and the Operative/Smuggler has no other mez/stuns to work with after that, and while the combat stealth and traq might be next after a Stun and Flash your resolve WILL be full, flash bang fills it about 4/5th's of the way, so they cant use their Traq on you)... problem solved.

Prime rule in these situations, know there abilities, know your resolve and dont panic and pop your CC breaker right away... pure and simple.

This is one reason i like to throw flash bang at respawners dropping down near mid that go left, it usually forces em to use their CC breaker (most use it in a panic) meaning as they attack Left they now have no CC breaker and their resolve isnt full by the time they get there.

Also while you wait for the 4 sec stun to wear off, use that time to call for help...

Hell im a gunslinger and ive solo capped nodes doors before doing stun/flashbang like this against a single defender, takes perfect timing and placement usually.... it needs no nerf, just smarts to counter.

Edited by BigfootNZ

so opratives can stun you for 8 sec. and then they can cap turret? its little *** dont you think?

Here is what you do. Stand far enough away from the objective that they have to travel a ways before beginning to cap. You can stop them without ever using your CC break. So, L2P.

Here is what you do. Stand far enough away from the objective that they have to travel a ways before beginning to cap. You can stop them without ever using your CC break. So, L2P.

While it's by far one of the best strategies if you're solo defending, it's still easy enough to break LoS and break target. Not saying it works every time but breaking target by using vanish can buy the time I used up running to the other side of the node. At least on Civil War. In Voidstar your strategy makes it impossible to yoink.

this theorycraft you doing suck... its same with assasins

if you are +10m from turret assa can use mind trap and force speed behind turret so you must use breaker and if you use it he can use lift 30m (8sec) and still cap it

not with operatives... they can stun a cap in same time

so he go behind turret and start capping... gues what? i must follow him and what he do? flashbang and cap... i use breaker and he restealth+dart+cap... result is always same

again i repeat i have never had a node capped while being sappped. it takes 8 full seconds to cap. he saps and then starts trying to cap. the mezz will wear off b4 he completes cap. its impossible to start capping same time as using ability. so u will always have enuff time to hit him with an instant attack. I repeat ive many of times been sapped while solo guarding and have never had them cap while i was stunned.

Edited by Ssfbistimg

again i repeat i have never had a node capped while being sappped. it takes 8 full seconds to cap. he saps and then starts trying to cap. the mezz will wear off b4 he completes cap. its impossible to start capping same time as using ability. so u will always have enuff time to hit him with an instant attack. I repeat ive many of times been sapped while solo guarding and have never had them cap while i was stunned.

if you cast lift and keep pressing turret cap... your enemy is sap for full duration of cap and thx to server/animation delay a little longer (with macros it work on trap/dart and keybind work with flashbang)

so your enemy can spam attack button but you are hit after cap :p just look on that youtube vid

on what server you are? i can show you it with my sintank

Edited by Unicodes

You are not waiting out Tranq.. it's a 1 minute mez.. you either break it or let them cap and then kill them and try to recap.. Unless you can break then DoT on your interrupt, I'll just mez you again since I can break off combat whenever I want.. please read the skill descriptions

You sir dont' know PvP. L2play. It's 8 seconds in PVP. 1min is PVE only.

The whole thread is theorycrafting at its best.

THE CC BREAKER HAS A 1 MINUTE COOLDOWN.

So if you're on CD and play a squishy, you have ZERO chance to do anything about the operative stunlocking you for 8 seconds.

IF they didn't have stealth it would be allright. But since they do, you can't even see them coming.

Now, if I try to kill an operative, what does he do ? He STEALTHS away.

/thread

You need to L2Play. Or L2read. Thread is about stunlocking capping turret. Also CC breaker for most classes that I'm aware of is 2minutes (besides some set bonus's that remove 15 seconds to 1:45).

You stand at bottom of stars as range, wait out the mez, while mez target him as he comes out of stealth to cap, and start spaming your rapid shots or w/e so you'll interupt him as soon as mez is down. Mez is 8 seconds, .5 seconds to get to turret from stairs maybe 1 second. You'll always have time to interupt if you DONT" STAND on top of the turret when guarding.

Edited by dardack