BioChem WZ Adrenal Issue (please address)

CEReknor

Disclaimer- I am not complaining, I would just like to point this out so it can be balanced.

With Biochem and the new WZ adrenal schematic you can pick up it now takes a grade 6 crafting box to make the adrenals. It costs 1000 wz comms to get roughly 40 (the most I have seen) mats needed to craft the adrenals. So with that AND the cost to either purchase or send out crew missions to get the remaining mats, you can make 40 or so adrenals for roughly 10k credits + the 1000 wz comms.

Here is the issue, I can buy 100 wz adrenals for that same 1000 wz comms i spent on the crafting box.

There is a huge imbalance there that needs to be addressed. At the very least the biochem wz adrenals should be able to be sold on the GTN, and ideally the cost to make should be cheaper than the comm purchase cost or equal so that there is a reason to make them.

Please address this issue. Thanks!!!

Yea this needs a fixing or reduce material costs to craft these. 1,000 warzone comms is ridiculous.

In order for this schematic to be biochem, it should have biochem only materials to craft it, not some silly warzone pvp box and it should be sellable on gtn since it's tradeable.

Edited by DkSharktooth

OP is right, its way cheaper and faster to just buy them with WZ comms, what kind of joke is this from bioware?

just a tease "haha we took away your reusable adrenals what you gunna do? *insert trollface.gif here*

this needs to be re looked at or just removed, as i feel it is just an insult to biochemers

Note.. this WAS pointed out in 1.3 PTS but did they listen.... do they ever listen....

And that's one reason I don't waste my time on the PTS. Either make the WZ adrenals cheaper to make or buff the adrenal itself to be better than the reg one.

Disclaimer- I am not complaining, I would just like to point this out so it can be balanced.

With Biochem and the new WZ adrenal schematic you can pick up it now takes a grade 6 crafting box to make the adrenals. It costs 1000 wz comms to get roughly 40 (the most I have seen) mats needed to craft the adrenals. So with that AND the cost to either purchase or send out crew missions to get the remaining mats, you can make 40 or so adrenals for roughly 10k credits + the 1000 wz comms.

Here is the issue, I can buy 100 wz adrenals for that same 1000 wz comms i spent on the crafting box.

There is a huge imbalance there that needs to be addressed. At the very least the biochem wz adrenals should be able to be sold on the GTN, and ideally the cost to make should be cheaper than the comm purchase cost or equal so that there is a reason to make them.

Please address this issue. Thanks!!!

I'ts intended

How is this the case? I'm not being a jerk, I seriously want to know.

Even assuming we're exclusively talking about pvp, Biochem still has reusable stims and medpacks.

While it's possible to buy equivalent consumed on use ones, it's pretty impractical, and if everyone actually did then the prices would skyrocket so high as to make it all but impossible to buy them.

Even assuming we're exclusively talking about pvp, Biochem still has reusable stims and medpacks.

While it's possible to buy equivalent consumed on use ones, it's pretty impractical, and if everyone actually did then the prices would skyrocket so high as to make it all but impossible to buy them.

Exotech are significantly better.

Where are you even finding this pvp wz adrenal to craft? I have not seen it in the crafting trainer area and only found the adrenals at the pvp vendor....

Yes the PVP venders, hence the name War Zone Adrenals.

Where are you even finding this pvp wz adrenal to craft? I have not seen it in the crafting trainer area and only found the adrenals at the pvp vendor....

Only PVP vendor and you need to use 1,000 Warzone comms to buy the grade 6 PVP crafting box to get 28 of some new material in order to craft 20-40 warzone adrenals. At 10k affection with compaions it takes about 22 minutes to craft EACH warzone adrenal.

^ Not sure if serious...

It is serious. It is intended.

You don't think they knew the price when they set it?? It wasn't some random number generator that decided it would cost 1000 comms.

It is INTENDED. They DO NOT WANT YOU TO CRAFT THEM. Or at the very least, regret doing it.

Nuff said.....

can the rakata stims be made so they are reusable, it says no research available, and i have tried to reverse engineer 15 of them and no luck. Any special place to be to get these to crit?

From the first time I heard about it and it mentioned the yield was like 30-40, I asked myself, aren't the mats 1000WZ? Then I imagined the devs holding their bellies, rolling back and forth on the ground as they came up with this idea. Their eyes watering from laughter as they created the worst "perk after nerf" in MMO history. "Uh, you can't use adrenals in WZ anymore, so your sales in that one area you had will drop dramatically, however you'll be able to make the WZ adrenals...at twice the cost of buying them from the vendor, of course."

I also don't understand the cost of crafting these. 1000 wz coms to get (lets be generous) 50 of the mats, would mean I'd break even if I scored a critical success on every one I crafted to get 100. Or I could skip that and use the 1000 wz coms to just buy 100 adrenals. It may be as intended, but they need to reevaluate their intent.