Changes needed for PVP gear

Ratief-Damae

What you are asking for isn't a way to make the game more fair, it is a way to change the game to a different type of game, one that already exists and the people who wanted that type of PvP went and played THAT game.

Your point is fair and i accept that, however has BW not changed the majority of the game since the day of release in an effort to make the game better?

MMO's have to tailor and change; even in large cases, in order to compete and make a game more universally popular, that is what keeps a game running is it not? a large pool of paying customers?

I for one would be worried if TOR never changed on small or large levels simply because it might upset some players and/or be like other MMO's available to play.

Sod it! lets just all play Ultima Online :p

So what u basically saying is you like grinding gear? :eek:

Im full war hero and i would LOVE to have everyone in even gear, cos i hate stomping recruit geared players in 3 gcds. More competition, yes pls.

Quoted for truth of argument placed :D

Good to see more people that can think outside the box.

Im full war hero and i would LOVE to have everyone in even gear, cos i hate stomping recruit geared players in 3 gcds. More competition, yes pls.

Then why on Earth did you pick this game over the ones where gear doesn't matter?

Then why on Earth did you pick this game over the ones where gear doesn't matter?

Do you like grinding gear for having an advantage over other players more than having the same game with the cool context and gear that doesnt matter besides looks?

Edited by Floegens

A bit bias? Could you want more competition because you are already at the top?

See that is why the "want more competition" people are hypocrites. The truly "competitive" people don't give two flyin about what disadvantage they have. They are balls to the walls 100% of the time in anything they want to be competitive at. Once people start to understand this they will see that it not even about the gear. It is about personal commitment, in this case to THIS game. You don't have enough, if you complain about gear. When I was undergeared, I was not even concerned with KDA, rank, blah, blah, blah... Even though I could not down most players, winning the little battles and making people "work" for that "EZ" kill were enough for me. I didn't enjoy the beatings I took, but it forged me into a MUCH better player. Late last month, I ran some WZ in TIO gear just to get perspective. My guildmate said "you are not in your PvP gear". I responded, "yeah, just want to see how bad it is for fresh fish". I won some, I lost some, but it was to the same people that I beat and lost to with my optimized gear on.

He is not saying he likes to grind. He is saying the ground rules of the game are the same for everyone. Don't complain because you don't have the time to get your shat together,so saying its "fair" to change things now is misguided at best (is it fair to the guys like me who went through the BM RNG lottery?). It's not a game design issue. It's a personal time/commitment issue which is player dependent.

The only problem here is that Floegens & Myself have both stated we have ful WH gear and have put the time and effort into getting to that point just the same as you guys!

What we are both trying so hard to communicate is that it simply is no fun to beat on lower geared players (and by that we mean ourselves), yes we have ranked wzs, but you can queue normals while waiting for a ranked and pretty much all ranked teams do, this then means the poor recruit players get crushed over and over again and it can be off-putting to new players, THIS IS A GAME AND SHOULD BE FUN FOR EVERYONE and not a chore/job and be open to everyone to jump in and have fun and learn the tactics.

This by no means makes the game less for anyone who put in that effort originally, I for one would be one of those people as I'm sure would Floegens.

All I can ascertain is that you guys love having the gear advantage and like having that advantage over lesser geared players because you are not doing anything else to sway anyone otherwise.

acquiring BM gear is one of the easiest things to do in this game. if you intened to pvp a lot, you should be maxing out your comms (both ranked and non-ranked). if you do that, right at 50 you can get 5-6 pieces of BM gear easily.

just because you chose to not properly prepare your character for pvp does not mean you can complain about gear disparity

I bought F1GP 2012 and i sux at car simulation it's too real i need a wheel to turn precisly there is damage and stuff

but i kick *** at coin up car racing where i can push enemy against the wall or crash them against other cars

so i buy F1GP and i whine in the forum that if we remove different tire we remove damage we can have everybody at same lvl

news flash you just bough the wrong game

Edited by Pekish

acquiring BM gear is one of the easiest things to do in this game. if you intened to pvp a lot, you should be maxing out your comms (both ranked and non-ranked). if you do that, right at 50 you can get 5-6 pieces of BM gear easily.

just because you chose to not properly prepare your character for pvp does not mean you can complain about gear disparity

Its actually 3 pieces you can get at 50. I got 2 implants and my main hand weapon

After my first day doing the daily I got another piece

Got 2 the following day, so really 2 days after 50 I had 6 BM pieces

The problem is really generational bottom line

There is no "grind" for BM gear, there is a small grind for WH gear. Personally I wouldnt call that a grind either.

But these posts of these people who just want everything now are really getting old

You dont want wh gear so you can compete, because you can compete in recruit gear, you dont want to spend any time to get anything

In addition you 2 heroes who say you wish it was a level playing field and had more competition well you can play in recruit gear I mean then it would be more competitve for you, but we all know you wont because you like your advantage and you dont want more competition, so sell that somewhere else

The problem is really generational bottom line

In addition you 2 heroes who say you wish it was a level playing field and had more competition well you can play in recruit gear I mean then it would be more competitve for you, but we all know you wont because you like your advantage and you dont want more competition, so sell that somewhere else

Speak on it.... Hypocritical carebears....

Its actually 3 pieces you can get at 50. I got 2 implants and my main hand weapon

After my first day doing the daily I got another piece

Got 2 the following day, so really 2 days after 50 I had 6 BM pieces

I had ~3050 ranked comms and 2000 normal comms when I hit 50. 5050 comms. I bought:

Helmet - 1075 comms

Chest - 1425 comms

Legs - 975 comms

Lightsaber - 1550 comms

-------------------------------

Total - 5025 comms

So yeah... I spent a couple credits filling out the rest with recruit gear. Didn't really put any work into this, just hate PVE and played casually, so I ended up with a lot of comms. I also had both the 20 and 40 sets from the PVP vendor and weapons from the PVP vendor all the way through.

I was saying that they should dump expertise/teired gear as soon as I saw it happening, of course once that dark path has been walked down it's hard to go back. As it stands I find most of the PVP gear unattractive so I'm not sure how well making them visual rewards at this point would work but it is a preferred reward in my opinion as well. On a high note I think a lot of the PVP elitests/nitpickers have left because it wasn't a clone of WoW. So who knows it might work. :)

While it may be easy for those who pvp ahead of time such as myself to gain some of the gear quickly now that commendation limit isn't so low. Doesn't that just make a point that there's less reason to have the desparity then as well because it's wasted? It's a "double edged sword" arguement. To make noticable difference and grind creates imbalance while making it easy to become balanced creates pointlessness. It might as well be tossed out in exchange for a different type of reward system.

They should get rid of the 2000 commendation limit so you if you PVP a lot while levelling, you'll be able to buy more than one or two pieces at 50 if you save them. Edited by RAVM

Life isnt fair, sports are not fair, and gaming isnt fair. Deal with it, grind out you're gear and get yourself on even ground and quit complaining.

Did you flex before or after you typed this?

Raging manliness aside, the problem with putting everyone on equal footing is then you are taking away people's goals. People complain all day about how painful the grind is for gear, but it is my opinion that when leveling is no longer an option, you need to play for something. The only thing worse than having to grind for gear, would in fact be having nothing to grind for. Very few people actually play for "fun", they play for a feeling of accomplishment. Whether that accomplishment is winning a WZ, or getting better gear, or winning BECAUSE you got better gear.

Add to that the fact that so many have already made the grind...

You hate going in a warzone where you are completely outgeared, makes sense. But the answer is not to tell those people that spent months getting better gear than you, that now it means nothing. The answer is to devote the same amount of time to get it yourself.

You know, basically the same thing the guy I quoted said, but without the internet flexing.