Really "Warzone Medpacks" Still in the game?

Swidgin

• Replies 165
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Anyone in caps? I have several toons on the Fatman and I couldn't confirm whether or not you play shadow.

Hello Vim,

We were doing pvp together in my vent this week. I asked if you were VIM as vi improved. You mentioned that you get that all the time.

John

I agree with this thread. I mean ranked warzones are supposed to be a test of skill and team work. It's the healer's job to keep the team's health up and if they can't do so that player should die. It makes 1v1ing someone on a door, node, etc. impossible to kill. I'm also very much aware that I can use the same adrenals but I communicate with my team and ask for help instead.

< Vectato (Madness Assassin) on The Bastion

Edited by JediMoJoe

And remove all defensive cooldowns and the adrenal. Because reduced dmg is still increasing TTK. Preventing 5k dmg or healing 5k, same thing. And good luck getting combat to drop more than once every 5 mins without running away or wasting a vanish.

And punish the guilds that can't always run with a healer. Yay elitism.

Edited by Entropicus

Then why do i have stacks and stacks of them?

1.5k credits each. I run missions during warzones and have plenty of credits to spare. Lots of noobs in the 1-49 queue have spare commendations.

Unless you're in full War Hero and completely optimized, you don't have comms to spare since you can exchange unranked coms for ranked coms.

Edited by DimeStax

And remove all defensive cooldowns and the adrenal. Because reduced dmg is still increasing TTK. Preventing 5k dmg or healing 5k, same thing. And good luck getting combat to drop more than once every 5 mins without running away or wasting a vanish.

And punish the guilds that can't always run with a healer. Yay elitism.

If you're not running with a healer in ranked warzones you're doing it wrong and you won't be going very far anyway. Ranked Warzone Adrenals won't replace a healer's value. And actually if you had read the posts from me and Astarica you would realize that requiring that you purchase warzone adrenals and use them in every match just to stay competitive is actually the elitist perspective.

Edited by DimeStax

Irregardless of how far youll get, if you dont have access to a healer the adrenals and packs are the only thing you can rely on to not get even more worked. All ranked are hardcore players.

It creates a need for Biochem which they are slowly making useless. You don't have to have them, you dont have to use TS. But it gives you the advantage over the other team.

Though if WZ adrenals are a must to compete, so are healers,tanks, dps etc depending on what side of the looking glass your in. Pretty much every PUG I see in general wants BM gear or better as it is.

Unless you're in full War Hero and completely optimized, you don't have credits to spare and neither do those noobs in 1-49 since you can exchange unranked coms for ranked coms.

Just FYI, you can't buy ranked comms until 40 valor, which means you have to be level 40 to even start. From there, you can cap out your ranked comms fairly quickly and be stuck with nothing to buy again. Don't talk about how to do things that you clearly don't do yourself. As far as your overall point that not having medpacks is a disadvantage, you're correct. Does that stop me from winning warzones without using them? No.

Irregardless of how far youll get, if you dont have access to a healer the adrenals and packs are the only thing you can rely on to not get even more worked. All ranked are hardcore players.

It creates a need for Biochem which they are slowly making useless. You don't have to have them, you dont have to use TS. But it gives you the advantage over the other team.

Though if WZ adrenals are a must to compete, so are healers,tanks, dps etc depending on what side of the looking glass your in. Pretty much every PUG I see in general wants BM gear or better as it is.

1. Irregardless isn't a word, regardless alone accomplishes what you wish to convey.

2. THE HOT FIX WHERE EVERYONE WINS- Have the med packs stop healing for a health percentage, and just heal for a hard number all around. This way no one player (with more HP) has the advantage.

In Warhammer, my top-end healer with 6.8k hp had 4.8k in instant heal pots, over 7k in instant damage absorbs and a 2k reactive heal pot.

Warhammer's a different game and healer's didn't have that good of a bubble or force speed, sure...

Anyways, point being, 35% self-heal instant is not that big of a deal on a healer.

1. Irregardless isn't a word, regardless alone accomplishes what you wish to convey.

2. THE HOT FIX WHERE EVERYONE WINS- Have the med packs stop healing for a health percentage, and just heal for a hard number all around. This way no one player (with more HP) has the advantage.

I'm sure you are coming into this thread without reading any of the previous posts because I am specifically talking about RANKED WARZONES, not you're 1-49 lowbie PVP bracket or the level 50 normal warzones. So it's not that I'm talking about something I don't know about it's that you haven't followed the full discussion and have misunderstood my premise.

Quoted wrong guy. Sorry I'm on my iPhone, it's meant for the post before his.

Edited by DimeStax

If you're not running with a healer in ranked warzones you're doing it wrong and you won't be going very far anyway. Ranked Warzone Adrenals won't replace a healer's value. And actually if you had read the posts from me and Astarica you would realize that requiring that you purchase warzone adrenals and use them in every match just to stay competitive is actually the elitist perspective.

How is using Warzone Adrenals an "elitist perspective"?

The game practically TRAINS you to use them in WZs from levels 10-49 by giving them to you every single day as quests rewards while you PvP. It says to use them in the loading screen tutorial tips. There's nothing "elitist" about using a provided game mechanic precisely in the way that it's intended to be used. They way you are literally INSTRUCTED to use it...

It's a tradeoff. Do you want to gear faster, or do you want to live a bit longer and potentially contribute a bit more to a victory?

Sometimes in life, you are supposed to make decisions.

You are just adding your own baggage to the equation, because you're tired of people popping medpacs when you're about to kill them. It's a 90 second cd. If your DPS can't manage to do 8-10k damage in 90 seconds before they can use another medpac, I don't know what to tell you.

Honestly, you're talking about maybe 4-5k extra healing from the medpac for tanks, which is 1-2 good hits from ANY DPS class, which I would hope you have more than 1 of focusing targets if we're talking about Rateds. Annoying, but hardly insurmountable.

Edited by Varicite

How is using Warzone Adrenals an "elitist perspective"?

The game practically TRAINS you to use them in WZs from levels 10-49 by giving them to you every single day as quests rewards while you PvP. It says to use them in the loading screen tutorial tips. There's nothing "elitist" about using a provided game mechanic precisely in the way that it's intended to be used. They way you are literally INSTRUCTED to use it...

It's a tradeoff. Do you want to gear faster, or do you want to live a bit longer and potentially contribute a bit more to a victory?

Sometimes in life, you are supposed to make decisions.

You are just adding your own baggage to the equation, because you're tired of people popping medpacs when you're about to kill them. It's a 90 second cd. If your DPS can't manage to do 8-10k damage in 90 seconds before they can use another medpac, I don't know what to tell you.

Honestly, you're talking about maybe 4-5k extra healing from the medpac for tanks, which is 1-2 good hits from ANY DPS class, which I would hope you have more than 1 of focusing targets if we're talking about Rateds. Annoying, but hardly insurmountable.

Good guardians and juggs will get 9K + from every med pac used, tank or not.

I'm sure you are coming into this thread without reading any of the previous posts because I am specifically talking about RANKED WARZONES, not you're 1-49 lowbie PVP bracket or the level 50 normal warzones. So it's not that I'm talking about something I don't know about it's that you haven't followed the full discussion and have misunderstood my premise.

Quoted wrong guy. Sorry I'm on my iPhone, it's meant for the post before his.

I assume you were talking to me

This was your previous quote:

Quote: Originally Posted by DimeStax

Unless you're in full War Hero and completely optimized, you don't have credits to spare and neither do those noobs in 1-49 since you can exchange unranked coms for ranked coms.

1)You specifically mentioned 1-49 not having anything to spare because they were purchasing ranked comms, so don't blame me if you can't read your own posts. In fact, my post also related to a previous post in regards to sending medpacks from alts while leveling them. The same post, in fact, that you were referencing with your comment. The point being, a lot of players level alts through PVP because they are tired of quests and have a lot of extra comms to spend.

2) I posted back on the first page or two so don't act like I just came in to troll you today.

3) Your points have nothing to do with the OP which was that warzone medpacks disrupt the strategy/skill of ranked warzones. You continue with your argument that they make an unfair advantage to people who can't afford to buy them and completely missed the original point. I understand if that's the way you feel (although I disagree), but that is a discussion for another thread.

Good guardians and juggs will get 9K + from every med pac used, tank or not.

Oman, you're right, THIS CHANGES EVERYTHING.

Actually, that doesn't really change anything that I said at all except that it's even easier to make up that damage against a DPS Jugg / Guard.

/shrug

Edited by Varicite

Let's say for the sake of argument you just win every game you play whether at level 50 bracket or level 10-49 bracket.

In 10-49 bracket you win one game and your daily gets you 6 total adrenal+ medpack.

In the 50 bracket you win 3 games and get 100/100 which can be used to buy 20 total adrenal + medpacks.

So there's no advantage to buying those with playing an alt, unless you don't feel like playing on your main for whatever reason. Note that if you care about the gear, it's generally more useful to simply play another game on your main and get some comms toward your next WH piece than playing it on an alt and use the comms to buy WZ consumables. Obviously gear still matters more than consumables until you max out your gear.

Assuming you're at a point you care about gear you probably save your alt's comms toward that alt's gear anyway so you're only getting 6 consumables per day. That gets used up rather fast if you're actually using them. If you're one of those guys who have maxed ranked WZ comms on an alt, then clearly you could be spending those time on your main for the same amount of gear. The only reason you wouldn't do it is if you don't care about gear, which is usually because your main already has full WH.

wow the threads people come up with sometimes... Do you guys realize you can not conutining poping any medpac every 90s while in combat. You have to get out of combat to pop another medpac after you use the first one when the timer is up. So you we're still fighting with a tank after 90s of him using his WZ medpac he can't use it again.

wow the threads people come up with sometimes... Do you guys realize you can not conutining poping any medpac every 90s while in combat. You have to get out of combat to pop another medpac after you use the first one when the timer is up. So you we're still fighting with a tank after 90s of him using his WZ medpac he can't use it again.

Usually within 90 seconds either you or the enemy is dead and you're out of combat one way or another.