Character won't stop running

LukasEkisjoupa

A simple fix for me is tapping both the directional keys opposite the way im stuck running.

For Example, im stuck running forwards (W button)

To stop myself from running forwards, i press S and the Down arrow key together for a second, then release....

Works everytime for me :)

nice necro only 9 months

try /sit and then get up.

This Bug is still around today.

There is no point creating a thread, and because we have now all found solutions, if we post them in this thread people will find them....

The new community rules pretty much state Necros are good if they can provide relevant information for today.

I've been ignoring this for a while but sometimes if I press a directional button, my character would start moving in that direction even if I'm not touching the keyboard or mouse; and it is not auto-run either. The only way I can get my character to stand still is if I hold down the opposite directional button but if I release it, my character would move in the same direction again.

This has happen with multiple characters on multiple servers. The only sure fire way I know of that will make my character stop moving on it's own is by logging out and back in. Has anybody else experienced this?

Double tap the button for the direction your toon is running in. It happenes to me sometimes too. Just double tap and it should stop, does for me every time.

• 9 years later...
6 hours ago, Otowi said:

Wow, just wow. A 9 year old thread got resurrected... Does no one bother to check last post made date anymore?

They obviously didn't - I mean, he ran off a cliff into lava.  Looks like they didn't check, let alone watch where they were going.

On 3/11/2013 at 11:07 PM, Selenial said:

A simple fix for me is tapping both the directional keys opposite the way im stuck running.

For Example, im stuck running forwards (W button)

To stop myself from running forwards, i press S and the Down arrow key together for a second, then release....

Works everytime for me :)

don't use purple please it hurts the eyes+ in order to read it, you have to comne closer to the screen,

in regards to the OP , if all else fails, reinstall the game.

Edited by Kaedusz

4 hours ago, Kaedusz said:

don't use purple please it hurts the eyes+ in order to read it, you have to comne closer to the screen,

in regards to the OP , if all else fails, reinstall the game.

Useful advice about the purple, but that person last participated in the forums two and a half years ago.

• 2 months later...

I mean, no one was ever really specific about how to replicate said "bug." When I was reading through the posts, I thought it could be Windows "Sticky Keys" turned on, or maybe they actually had a sticky key in their keyboard. Someone suggested low battery. Color me skeptical, I guess.

After cutscenes my character would often run uncontrollably requiring a game restart. Thats why i read this thread. Next time it happened i held the down arrow and tapped the W key a few times and it stopped. Thanks and hope it works for you.