Did we just get squishy today?

Frankee

I've been playing my marauder for a while, and normally I can hold my own very well, even against 2-3 sometimes. I've got 3/4 of my Warhero gear, and am no stranger to PvP on my other toons. I've been playing all this week, last week, weeks before...solely on my Annihiliation Marauder.

But today, just today, I am getting hammered on. Like coming out of the warzone spawn and coming into 1-2 players and dying in mere seconds sometimes. Sure, once or twice I got 2 shot by a scrapper, but hey who doesnt. But the entire night it was just dead, dead, dead, dead. It got old fast after like 8 warzones and I just logged out.

Did anyone else notice a change today? Yeah sure, tell me to get skills, whatever. I'm just asking because something feels different. I found at least 5-10 times just today I was hit so hard so fast I had no time to hit my undying rage, like never saw it coming, and usually I'm good with knowing when to hit it. And this is with only 1-2 people on me.

Edited by Frankee

This is why it makes me laugh when people say Mara's need a nerf, Pvp is highly gear dependent, I can dance all day in-between lesser geared players killing them but good geared opposition is entirely different, you have to be on the ball against those. I'm full War hero Augged minus chest and MH and I do occasionally come across a person who utterly ***** my health...they talk about ravage being op lmao Telekinesis,Force lightning and them damn sticky BH grenades do some insane damage. If they nerfed our defensive Cd's we'd be food for crows. Remember also ranged attacks you might not notice when Melee is on you and then also they may Crit you so it's swings and roundabouts really, just get max geared ASAP, I actually feel classes are well balanced at the moment, people have to remember the gear dependency and that Swtor Pvp in Wz's at least is a team game, no one can win a Warzone on their own no matter what class.

This is why it makes me laugh when people say Mara's need a nerf, Pvp is highly gear dependent, I can dance all day in-between lesser geared players killing them but good geared opposition is entirely different, you have to be on the ball against those. I'm full War hero Augged minus chest and MH and I do occasionally come across a person who utterly ***** my health...they talk about ravage being op lmao Telekinesis,Force lightning and them damn sticky BH grenades do some insane damage. If they nerfed our defensive Cd's we'd be food for crows. Remember also ranged attacks you might not notice when Melee is on you and then also they may Crit you so it's swings and roundabouts really, just get max geared ASAP, I actually feel classes are well balanced at the moment, people have to remember the gear dependency and that Swtor Pvp in Wz's at least is a team game, no one can win a Warzone on their own no matter what class.

True, but you have to remember that they nerfed Burst as well. The dynamic of PvP has changed, and I'd agree that it was for the better.

@OP: Idk what you mean man, I felt like a *********** GOD as Carnage today.

Hmm, never played Carnage, but I've got my WH helmet, boots, pants, both sabers, all augmented. Got ear and both implants, 1 relic. I'm pretty close to full geared. It's just weird that I know exactly how long I should last, and something seems way off today (and I've never once felt that way since starting my Marauder). Was just wondering if anyone else felt the same today.

I'll see what I see in the next few days!

Yeah I have no problem killing them fast, lol, but I also die a buttload faster. I could be wrong and just had a bad day, and I'm not complaining, was just kind of asking if im the only one who noticed something.

Its the relic change. We used to be able to pop defence during opponent burst phases, now its all higher sustained dps with no burst (from items and adrenals).

All those little filler attacks people didn't use during their burst rotation are hitting with a higher bonus damage, crit chance and crit damage now.

Probably a lot of people who had lots of credits are augmenting as well. Need to look into using your defensive buffs efficiently as well as the warzone defence adrenal.

Edited by Jagil

I'm leveling a Marauder and do feel like mobs that I normally had no issues with pre-1.3 are giving me more trouble with. The Republic Commandos on Taris (part of the Warrior storyline) were smacking the hell out of me. I don't normally have issues with strong mobs but these guys are either OP or we did get a stealth nerf somewhere.

Something was going on, Last night I felt squishy and slow to respond and my damage felt low as things just kicked the snot out of me.

Post unscheduled patch... err yeah back to murdering things with aplomb and style :D

I'm annihilate, and I know for sure I die much faster than before. Haven't figured out what the stealth nerf was exactly, maybe it's something to do with expertise.

Me too. It's not a nerf, they buffed people who didn't know how to use relics. I'm feeling the pain too, even as full wh I'm getting pummelled and nowhere near as effective without the relics.

theres been some strange lag going on latelly.

I'm getting bursted pretty hard unintentionally the past week or so. and because of it, I cant react to using my defensive cooldowns. People mini-teleporting around as a lag spike hits, my abilities not firing off at the worst times (including attacks). I just become food to range spam while I'm too far away to hit a target right infront of me. I'm full health, and then all the data comes flooding in and them I'm dead.

When this first started happening, I thought someone was hacking, but it kept happening, some times tanks would just run around force jumping the huttball to the goal because it was hard to stop them... I imagine on their screen, someone just stuck ontop of the top ledge due to lag, and then my marauder not being able to attack him because I didnt know he forced jumped until 5 seconds after.

I think the past couple unschedualed maintenances have been trying to clear this up, thank goodness its still pre-season. Im no computer expert, but maybe they need to defrag their servers or something, because its starting to get out of hand. The worst is when u get killed and respawn in IMP fleet or character selection screen...

I've noticed the squishyness less lately, maybe it was just that one day. I mean if I get focused by 2 snipers I still die in 2 seconds, but who doesnt lol.

I can still kill people pretty quick, certain classes anyways.

There was one guy last night, but I don't know what class/specialty he was, he just walked all over me through 2 different warzones. He would be on me, and I'd drop to half health in literally 2 seconds, I'd hit the holy **** button popping my 2 defenses, then 1 second later I'm at 10% health, hit undying rage, then I can do nothing to him until he ultimately kills me 6 seconds later. So yeah, he went after me at least 8-10 times, each time I had no chance whatsoever, and I could only last about 10 seconds even with undying rage. I'd even cloak and run and he would just snare me and kill me anyways.

If my memory serves me, he was a Jedi Guardian. He was spinning around me so fast, and he was using zero abilities that I could interupt. Just smash smash, dead. I was kinda pissed but didnt want to call hacker right away. I know how to play my class, and I know my survivability pretty well. I don't expect to win against everyone, or every class in the least, but he was just ridiculously good, or his class is just designed to smash Marauders. I'll keep an eye out for him again and see what he is playing.

Edited by Frankee

Large increases in awareness for players when getting attacked by marauders (people actually finally start to learn how to counter each spec), increase in PT/VG dps specs popularity (they can face-tank DPS race us and win) and significant decrease in tank specs (excluding assassins/shadows) or at least tank specs have finally begun to realise that tank gear = bad in pvp - these all contribute to why marauders are becoming seemingly more and more squishy.