Nerf Bounty Hunters

Vetorept

1) Well, first and most obvious, you make baseless assumptions, and anything you say that stems from this is without value. Please try again.

It's absolutely true because you imply that Mercenaries (NOT BOUNTY HUNTERS, BOUNTY HUNTERS DON'T EXIST PAST LEVEL 10) are unbeatable in 1v1 when only someone without hands can lose to one.

• Replies 159
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Going up against a Merc is tough, especially if they're Arsenal specced. I expect their Heatseeker Missles to get nerfed in the future as it currently does 2k a tick. Then again, I'm not very familiar with the class. Edited by Herculieas

I actually got tired of arsenal spec.. I wouldn't say they are absolutely useless without tracer missile..

I just think that everyone gets into that habit of spamming that 5 times for whatever the armor buff, or 3 for the heat signatures..

I wish they would make other abilities add to these similar to how powershot will do the damage reduction stacks.

if I was going to do absolutely nothing but pvp.. I wouldn't even go all the way up the arsenal tree, I think I'd do a build where I'd go into arsenal but probably wouldn't pick up tracer missile <shrug> I feel like i'm shooting off whistling bottle rockets non stop

It's absolutely true because you imply that Mercenaries (NOT BOUNTY HUNTERS, BOUNTY HUNTERS DON'T EXIST PAST LEVEL 10) are unbeatable in 1v1 when only someone without hands can lose to one.

So you're saying they are underpowered? Hrmmm... I wonder which class you play. Don't bother answering, nobody will believe you on the internet anyway. Also, power tech and mercenary are both "bounty hunters". I suggest you obtain a better understanding of the game before you attempt to argue about it. Your ignorance and failure to argue constructively paints you out to be an extremely useless individual so consider this trolling session ended. But please, continue to prowl the forums and answer instantaneously, it's a perfect playground for someone with little value as a human being.

So you're saying they are underpowered? Hrmmm... I wonder which class you play. Don't bother answering, nobody will believe you on the internet anyway. Also, power tech and mercenary are both "bounty hunters". I suggest you obtain a better understanding of the game before you attempt to argue about it. Your ignorance and failure to argue constructively paints you out to be an extremely useless individual so consider this trolling session ended. But please, continue to prowl the forums and answer instantaneously, it's a perfect playground for someone with little value as a human being.

The class I play is in my signature - and 1v1 strength has nothing to do with overall class strength, which you clearly don't understand, because when I say that the class sucks in 1v1 you INSTANTLY assume the class overall sucks? ROFL.

You're not qualified to participate in this argument as i'm sure you couldn't even name more than 2 "Bounty Hunter" (ROFL) spells without looking them up.

The class I play is in my signature - and 1v1 strength has nothing to do with overall class strength, which you clearly don't understand, because when I say that the class sucks in 1v1 you INSTANTLY assume the class overall sucks? ROFL.

You're not qualified to participate in this argument as i'm sure you couldn't even name more than 2 "Bounty Hunter" (ROFL) spells without looking them up.

The fact that you still don't understand what the term Bounty Hunter means in the game is extremely frightening, and I see you also have serious problems when it comes to following the course of a conversation. I already addressed how they have too much utility in warzones, then addressed how a good bounty hunter (namely powertechs) tear most people up in 1v1s.

1v1s hardly matter, but usually if a class has the most utility in group play, they are terribad in 1v1s. This is not the case as both mercenaries and powertechs dominate in warzones and are very powerful in 1v1s. The fact that they excel in all areas is clear qualification for being overpowered.

And please don't talk about being qualified to participate in the conversation. I take it you're new to the internet, so here's a little piece of advice; forum trolls aren't qualified to participate in ANY conversation. I will take my leave here, as attempting to teach challenged persons is not my forte, and is certainly not an enjoyable task. Troll on, my child!

You literally havn't brought up any relevant points. You're like lvl 10 and you died to some random guy while holding S and not using any spells so you took to the forums, as usual.

"Bounty Hunter" is not a class past level 10 and using that term denotes a massive lack of experience and ability to actually understand what's going on around you in PvP. If you can't tell the difference between a melee class and a ranged class, you should NOT be posting here at all other than to ask for tips.

Edited by CHRISGG

Sith marauders always lowest score in PvP because of the lack of crowd control, unless you're hiding in a group you can't really spam like other classes which is irritating.

Stunned stunned pushed away stunned slowed stunned dead pretty much what happens vs range and mage classes.

I get top 5 for damage every game o.O I don't walk out with more then 4-5 medals usually, but I still top the damage charts. Marauder doesn't have a lot of control, but they have a lot of dps. The snare you can have up 24/7 helps a lot at controlling people. You also have 2 gap closers, gotta utilize them.

Edited by Selixx

Every single WZ I have been in a Bounty Hunter destroys everyone and everything, no matter what level and is tops for kills and damage. And the little hook thing where they grab you from across the zone when you're carrying the huttball is overpowered too.

Hey Bubba, L2P!

He didn't even specify Merc Or Powertech...and currently this game is more balanced then WoW In my opinion despite there plethora of time to balance the classes.

I may only be a 32 Mercenary, but I've spent most of my time in Warzones and currently as far as I can see, I have a choice to sit around and top damage and kills spamming tracers/powershot/ or Actually proceed around assisting with the objectives.

You can't call Bounty Hunters overpowered purely on the fact they have the highest damage, because it's about the context, in a Warzone, the way their class works allows for exquisite damage, though in close view, they can still be slaughtered by enemy teams that actually have good tactics or know their class, rather then just charging head on at a Merc spamming Tracer Missle, because that's like the Russians charging at German MG42s head on and screaming OP.

Learn to utilize the map, your class skills, and if your good you can easily challenge a BH for top damage, kills, heals or just in 1v1 fight, It's the player, not the class.

Edited by Acelash

Every single WZ I have been in a Bounty Hunter destroys everyone and everything, no matter what level and is tops for kills and damage. And the little hook thing where they grab you from across the zone when you're carrying the huttball is overpowered too.

Why nerf? Just because they get top DPS? You do realize it is AOE damage why they score so high. I have a Trooper Commando and yes while you can get top damage you do not do the most damage out of other classes. It is typical to get crits around 2.2 to 2.4k tops when I have seen other classes do more damage to single players and get crits over 4k. Yes we do good damage but that number is due to aoe damage mostly. It is a different situation 1v1. Overpowered you say? Not a chance.

zzzzz , mabe its you playing bad ?

Edited by Tamernator

You can shove that nerf talk right where the sun don't shine, it's that kind of talk that ruins character classes and games. Keep it to yourself and hey if you don't like it go back to wow!!!

Nope, it's ruining your fun of being OP'd. Let's not hide behind the ole "ruin the game chit" when in reality it's YOUR game that will suffer due to lack of ez mode.

I don't think BH are over-powered. As others have said if you CC them and stick to them in a 1v1 scenario I think they can be killed with relative ease. My lvl 30 Shadow takes out BH's easily. I can have 25-50% of their hp gone b4 they even engage me and then I just stun them and start pounding on them again. If they stun me I break it and pound on them again.

But. . . .

I do agree that groups of BH's in warzones can creat a very frustrating and arguably over-powered team for meeting the specific goals of the warzone. Now I don't know if this is just my server but most games are filled with BH's. I will go on record, with no exageration, as saying in most matches the Sith team are atleast half BH and it's not uncommon at all to see 6+ on one team. When you put that many BH's together with a half-way decent healer they are very hard to win a warzone match against.

My issue with BH is not that they are OPed per se, but that on my server they are always the bulk of the sith team and there is a very clear reason for that. It's frankly taking the fun out of warzones for me and others I have spoken to, knowing the next team we are about to face is inevitably overloaded with BH's.

BH = not OPed

Group of BH = OPed for warzone team matches

I don't think BH are over-powered. As others have said if you CC them and stick to them in a 1v1 scenario I think they can be killed with relative ease. My lvl 30 Shadow takes out BH's easily. I can have 25-50% of their hp gone b4 they even engage me and then I just stun them and start pounding on them again. If they stun me I break it and pound on them again.

But. . . .

I do agree that groups of BH's in warzones can creat a very frustrating and arguably over-powered team for meeting the specific goals of the warzone. Now I don't know if this is just my server but most games are filled with BH's. I will go on record, with no exageration, as saying in most matches the Sith team are atleast half BH and it's not uncommon at all to see 6+ on one team. When you put that many BH's together with a half-way decent healer they are very hard to win a warzone match against.

My issue with BH is not that they are OPed per se, but that on my server they are always the bulk of the sith team and there is a very clear reason for that. It's frankly taking the fun out of warzones for me and others I have spoken to, knowing the next team we are about to face is inevitably overloaded with BH's.

BH = not OPed

You people have troopers, the mirror image of Bounty Hunters, the sith aren't filled with Bounty Hunters because there over powered in numbers, but because people like the idea of the class, otherwise Republic would be crammed with troopers, hence the statement "there is a very clear reason for that" is stupid, if that's what you are trying to imply....

Edited by Acelash

Mercs are not overpowered. They make great DPS platforms. But that is the extent of their usefulness. Unless they spec full heals, they can't do anything but spam tracer round. That makes them terrible at advancing balls or defending against a CC heavy attack. Just today I took my new lvl 18 SM out to huttball. The enemy team was 4 lvl 40+ Mercs. Yeah they racked up the kills. We won however cause they couldn't do **** for moving the ball across the goal.

L2P is the correct answer. DPS is fun but you can't just win with just DPS.

Thats advanced class is call Powertech. Your side has the exact same thing, its called a vanguard. They are tanks so yeah they are hard to kill. Even as a merc spec bh a vanguard is a serious pain in my *** to kill.

Edited by DragoAskani

But. . . .

BH = not OPed

gonna be lazy and double post.

You have the same thing with trooper. I beta's as a trooper from june onward loved it. But I digress. BH is a subclass if you have a complaint it needs to be addressed at the Advanced Class. Is your beef with Powertechs or Mercs?

You people have troopers, the mirror image of Bounty Hunters, the sith aren't filled with Bounty Hunters because there over powered in numbers, but because people like the idea of the class, otherwise Republic would be crammed with troopers, hence the statement "there is a very clear reason for that" is stupid, if that's what you are trying to imply....

"You people"? lol

I have play both Republic and Sith and the amount of BH in warzones does not reflect the % of BH in the game. Draw from that what you will.

Stating what I have seen with my own eyes is not "stupid". I suggest you find a way to communicate your thoughts without coming off as a defensive jerk.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.